40%
22%
4%
7%
10%
Total votes: 108
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
1 Jul 2019, 16:55 PM

Without sounding biased, I would like to get the pulse of the community on what MG they believe needs a buff most.
1 Jul 2019, 17:06 PM

You gotta be the most biased axis main ever to vote for MG42 here
1 Jul 2019, 17:11 PM

LUL, I abstained from vote. But yeah, I agree with that sentiment.
1 Jul 2019, 17:11 PM

Same for .50 Cal and Allies bias
1 Jul 2019, 17:13 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I think it should be noted that even if we could buff the maxim, how would you intend to do it without forcing worse deathloop or making 6 men mainline with suppression. It's why I voted MG34 over maxim.

Also I don't like how people can vote and then not explain why. .org polls :(
1 Jul 2019, 17:13 PM

I voted Maxim. It´s really bad unless it gets spammed on certain narrow maps. I wish it actually worked like a regular MG.
1 Jul 2019, 17:16 PM

I think it should be noted that even if we could buff the maxim, how would you intend to do it without forcing worse deathloop or making 6 men mainline with suppression. It's why I voted MG34 over maxim.

Yeah the problem is that if you buff Maxims to make them decent they will just get spammed again and ruin gameplay. Maybe increasing build time, cost, reinforce and pop cap slightly while buffing it´s combat stats could work.
1 Jul 2019, 17:16 PM

who the fuck voted the dshk ?
1 Jul 2019, 17:55 PM

I understand that OP is being honest but this kind of poll are just biased from the begining. To vote "which MG should be buffed" its like saying "lets buff the worst MG" and we all know that maxims are both, the worst and the most deserving MG for a buff.

If someone were to vote MG42, even though its a top tier MG in a faction that is able to exploit it, to accuse him as biased is just witch hunting.

@OP, would you rather elaborate why do you want to do such poll or prupose a general buff and give it to the most voted unit rather than releasing this endless troll and flame pandora box?
1 Jul 2019, 18:09 PM

I voted maxim cuz I it has the worst suppression in the game. A volk can literally walk up frontally and toss a grenade on it. But it's not easy to buff that unit without causing a return of the cancer maxim spam meta. Maybe just a small suppression increase will be enough.

Why do you think MG34 needs a buff? It has worst dps but very good suppression... and you get HMGs for suppression and not damage, right? I guess a 10-20mp cost decrease would be fine
1 Jul 2019, 18:37 PM

I voted maxim (agree with your statement about voting and not explaining BTW)
I would start simply with making its vet ability a non vet ability. A machine gun should require vet to be able to stop infantry frontally. Requiring the foresight to preload ammo isn't TOO much to ask to keep it from being EZ mode, but requiring vet is... It also means that a captured maxim is leaps and bounds the worse thing you can do right now as without the ability to suppress AND 2 less crew.... Well.. Okw is lucky they can at least get fuel out of it...

An alternative would be forcing it to "deploy" out of combat but removing the Supression when not deployed so that it can be used defensively with planning and not be unbearable if spammed, no more anyways than a vickers or mg42 for example. Less adaptable but still able to fill its mechanical role with in the army as a Supression tool while still managing to be a unique unit and provide cons with some oomph if not set up.
I'd couple that change with build time increase so that making up ground with cons is more clearly the intended role.
1 Jul 2019, 18:47 PM

Permanently Banned
Not a lot of people know but Mg34 suppresses faster than the 42 by just a little.
1 Jul 2019, 18:58 PM

Not a lot of people know but Mg34 suppresses faster than the 42 by just a little.
yes but with much lower fire rate and accuracy, that's why it never suppress
1 Jul 2019, 18:59 PM

Because it doesn't. But it's barely any worse though. The HMG 42 is only like 10% faster so the HMG 34 is still very good at suppressing. Its DPS really sucks though. I think the HMG 34 would be fine if it was 240MP (-10MP).

HMG 42 has 0,012 suppression per bullet and the HMG 34 has 0,0125 suppression per bullet, but the HMG 42 has slightly better ROF so it suppresses slightly faster.
1 Jul 2019, 19:00 PM

Because it doesn't. But it's barely any worse though. The HMG 42 is only like 10% faster so the HMG 34 is still very good at suppressing. Its DPS really sucks though. I think the HMG 34 would be fine if it was 240MP.
it is 240 mp, no ?
1 Jul 2019, 19:00 PM

Permanently Banned

Because it doesn't. But it's barely any worse though. The HMG 42 is only like 10% faster so the HMG 34 is still very good at suppressing. Its DPS really sucks though. I think the HMG 34 would be fine if it was 240MP.

Somehow in my experience,vet0 mg34 suppresses in 3/4 of a burst while the 42 needs full burst.
1 Jul 2019, 19:03 PM

it is 240 mp, no ?

It's 250MP, which is just slightly overpriced imo.
ddd
1 Jul 2019, 19:29 PM

I voted mg42 because i dont want to stick out.

#BuffAxis
1 Jul 2019, 19:35 PM

Maxim is obvious n1
Then either Vickers or 34, depending which one has lower suppression
In all three cases, better suppression...

Then there is somethin about the 50cal, which Im not sure if its true, but it feels like its crew has larger RA then other support weapons.

BTW there is one thing I think should be done about all MGs. Green cover should behave the same way as garrison, i.e. neutralizing suppression effect.
MGs are supposed to BE a defensive play, not COUNTER defensive plays. There are other things for that

EDIT: I´ve just read about the "explain why" thing. Well, as someone said, its because no mainline infantry unit should be able to singlehandedly walk right trough the middle of an MGs arc frontally and nade it
1 Jul 2019, 19:36 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Why do you think MG34 needs a buff? It has worst dps but very good suppression... and you get HMGs for suppression and not damage, right? I guess a 10-20mp cost decrease would be fine

Cause the MG DPS is trash tier. Same reason i think the vickers needs a damage nerf/suppression buff. I buy team weapons because I want them to function as a good support unit, not half do a job *cough* vickers *cough*

Another large problem with MGs is how they tend to be mediocre, especially the vickers when there's yellow craters everywhere. Landmattress is known for making a crap ton of yellow craters, and while its great for commandos it really shoots the vickers in the foot.

Green cover should behave the same way as garrison, i.e. neutralizing suppression effect.
MGs are supposed to BE a defensive play, not COUNTER defensive plays. There are other things for that

I actually never thought of that. I can't count how many times I'm sitting fully behind green cover and I get suppressed anyways because "reasons". And sometimes its not even a man sitting on the side of the bag, it just happens. Although this would make sandbags even more problematic on sections and volks.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 17
Germany 1
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %