Login

russian armor

Ostwind's penetrations

PAGES (15)down
22 Jun 2019, 14:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2019, 14:48 PMKirrik

Way to completely miss both of my points.
Ostwind isnt OP vs tanks, its just so OP in general as it does something that should never be possible - AA vehicle seriosly challenging medium tank in frontal engagement on top of being most effective AI behicle Ost has and costing same fuel as T-34 and sitting tier lower than said T-34. AA stands for anti-air, not anti-all which current Ostwind is

TL;DR Ostwind is JLI of this patch, hence same wehraboo brigades pathetically defending it, exact same way they did it JLI despite them being laughably OP

everyone told you centaur does as good as ostw vs comparable medium armour. To be resilient to other feedback is to hurt your own arguments.

If ostw are not OP vs tanks, then why is this all about Ostw VS T34?

The fact that Ostw changed from a confetti shooter to a usable unit does not mean a bad thing
22 Jun 2019, 14:56 PM

That's how you really spot a biased player: simply ask, is Ostwind OP.
If answer is positive, then there is some sort of allied fanboy. Have you guys even tried to play both sides?

Btw there is one thing about ostwind, of you check patchnotes:
Like 2 years ago or something like that relic tried to do something with ostwind, and they reduced it's price so we could get it earlier. It haven't really affect the units usage anywhere, but now old 100 fuel cost looks like fair thing as far as ostwind is performing well.
22 Jun 2019, 15:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2019, 14:48 PMKirrik
Way to completely miss both of my points.
Ostwind isnt OP vs tanks, its just so OP in general as it does something that should never be possible - AA vehicle seriosly challenging medium tank in frontal engagement on top of being most effective AI behicle Ost has and costing same fuel as T-34 and sitting tier lower than said T-34. AA stands for anti-air, not anti-all which current Ostwind is

It doesn't seriously challenge a T-34/76 in the slightest. The video in the OP is both invoking Lanchester's Law and showing a run of bad luck for the T-34/76 on penetration rolls.

Boot up the CheatMod yourself and see how well an Ostwind fares against a T-34.
22 Jun 2019, 15:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2019, 15:23 PMLago

It doesn't seriously challenge a T-34/76 in the slightest. The video in the OP is both invoking Lanchester's Law and showing a run of bad luck for the T-34/76 on penetration rolls.

Boot up the CheatMod yourself and see how well an Ostwind fares against a T-34.

I dont need to do that as I'm actually playing the game and facing Ostwind rush/spam in every second game I'm in. Makes you perfectly aware what couple of Ostwinds can do in span of 30 seconds even if you're prepared for it with Su-76 or rushed T-34
22 Jun 2019, 15:36 PM

No one has a problem with the centaur obliterating pumas apparently.....

Really ? How is it possible u are moderator
You are a great example for this forum
when even moderator troll others and yes ban this if u want

22 Jun 2019, 15:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2019, 15:23 PMLago
Boot up the CheatMod yourself

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2019, 15:30 PMKirrik
I dont need to do that as I'm actually playing the game

Right, because subjective experience is the best way to grade and compare things.

Boot up cheatmod, compare Ostwind TTK to Centaur TTK versus an infantry squad and come back with the results.
22 Jun 2019, 15:43 PM

here ostwind vs centaur :

now is centaur OPIER than ostwind :snfBarton:

btw im sorry im poor and don't have a decent recording program
22 Jun 2019, 15:44 PM

They didnt even buff the ostwinds penetration. It shouldnt be any better against t34s than it was before the patch. There's no legit complaint here

Edit: The slight cooldown buff is the most intense change that would effect its performance against vehicles, and that still shouldnt be much
22 Jun 2019, 15:46 PM

They didnt even buff the ostwinds penetration. It shouldnt be any better against t34s than it was before the patch. There's no legit complaint here

Its ROF was buffed so now it does deal more DPM to an enemy tank than before, so there is a change. However the damage it deals in a realistic scenario (with the units moving) is pretty insignificant even against the cheapest/worst (armored) medium in the game.
22 Jun 2019, 15:47 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Really ? How is it possible u are moderator
You are a great example for this forum
when even moderator troll others and yes ban this if u want

well for 1 that isn't a troll since there's never a thread about centaurs annihilating pumas even though it can.

2nd, mods and staff as well as users are allowed to troll to an extent. In the rules what we call "excessive trolling" is what can get you in trouble.
22 Jun 2019, 15:48 PM

Yeah, they only HALVED cooldown beween shots and increased magazine from 5 to 7. Aside of that, totally nothing was changed about Ostwind
22 Jun 2019, 15:48 PM

Its ROF was buffed so now it does deal more DPM to an enemy tank than before, so there is a change. However the damage it deals in a realistic scenario (with the units moving) is pretty insignificant even against the worst/cheapest medium in the game.

Yeah i just checked the changelog and edited my post for the cooldown change. But agreed it still shouldnt make anywhere near the difference that the OP talking about

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2019, 15:48 PMKirrik

Yeah, they only HALVED cooldown beween shots and increased magazine from 5 to 7. Aside of that, totally nothing was changed about Ostwind

And it still only has a 23% chance of penetrating a t34 (max range) which is a very weakly armored tank. The OP is talking about its performance against tanks, not its performance in general
22 Jun 2019, 15:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2019, 13:06 PMKirrik

You totally got me, T-34 has 150 armor, T-34-85 has 160. Yes 10 armor difference would shown a completely different picture

Unless it was changed and I missed it the t34 should have 160 armour. Has for as long as I remember and I don't recall any patch notes to the contrary.
22 Jun 2019, 15:50 PM

Unless it was changed and I missed it the t34 should have 160 armour. Has for as long as I remember and I don't recall any patch notes to the contrary.
t_34_76_squad_mp
t_34_76_mp Target size: 22 Sight: 35 Speed: 6.5 Accel: 2.3 Rotate: 36 Armor: 150/75 Health: 640

cromwell and sherman have 160
22 Jun 2019, 15:57 PM

Yeah i just checked the changelog and edited my post for the cooldown change. But agreed it still shouldnt make anywhere near the difference that the OP talking about

And it still only has a 23% chance of penetrating a t34 (max range). The OP is talking about its performance against tanks, not its performance in general

Missing the obvious point again? Re-read this: cooldown between shots is now basically half of what it was before, magazine size was increased from 5 to 7. Do you even understand sheer magnitude of these buffs? Imagine lets say KV-8 spewing flames twice as fast or Brummbar reloading 2x faster. Thats an insane and completely unjustified buff that just went through becase "we want Ostwind to be a shock vehicle, kinda like T-70 much better in every way"
22 Jun 2019, 15:57 PM

t_34_76_squad_mp
t_34_76_mp Target size: 22 Sight: 35 Speed: 6.5 Accel: 2.3 Rotate: 36 Armor: 150/75 Health: 640

cromwell and sherman have 160

What in saying is, was this a Nihja change? I don't recall this in the least
22 Jun 2019, 15:58 PM

What in saying is, was this a Nihja change? I don't recall this in the least
was it not like that from the start ?
22 Jun 2019, 15:59 PM

I said this the other day and was told I was wrong, but this is clear evidence of the Ost being OP.

I have no issue with it being very good against infantry but it has no business killing medium tanks
22 Jun 2019, 16:01 PM

was it not like that from the start ?

I'm certain it's had 160 armour for the longest time, like before WFA even. Other vets seem to recall it being so as well. Maybe I'm crazy? Idk. I'll look into it.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS