Login

russian armor

Ostwind's penetrations

PAGES (15)down
22 Jun 2019, 12:57 PM

then shouldn't u test it vs Cromwell or Sherman ? why t 34 ? cause it has the lowest armor ? great logic man, cherry pick some more , what's next that it can defeat a t 70 while centaur can't beat a kt ?

we do equal stat so we can compare, same reason for inf fights

Not exactly sure how 160 armor of T34 is lower then 160 armor of sherman or 160 armor of cromwell.
Is it something related to my signature maybe?
22 Jun 2019, 12:58 PM

What stats? Their main guns work differently, there is nothing to compare there.

The only thing that can be compared is their time to kill versus enemy squads, and as far as I could test, the Ostwind and Centaur are roughly equal in that department now with the Centaur still having the edge.

Penetration and damage obviously but if thats too hard for you do this:
Try pitting 2 Centaurs vs P4 and have them fight frontally at med distance then compare T-34 vs 2 Ostwinds

22 Jun 2019, 12:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2019, 12:55 PMKirrik

Because Soviets are faction that fights against Axis? Try using your brain for a second, Ostwind and T-34 have similar timings and once of them is thermonuclear wipe machine that can destroy infantry/planes/LV's and even tanks when massed while other struggles against pretty much everything it encounters even though it's tier higher.
but i said centaur in this case why not the cromewll ? cause if u don't make the test favor ur side u know u are wrong ?

btw if it's a nuclear machine why do need 2 ?
22 Jun 2019, 13:02 PM

but i said centaur in this case why not the cromewll ? cause if u don't make the test favor ur side u know u are wrong ?

btw if it's a nuclear machine why do need 2 ?

All allied mediums have same armor, only difference are guns (slightly different pen/reload/aoe)
22 Jun 2019, 13:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2019, 12:58 PMKirrik
Penetration and damage obviously but if thats too hard for you do this:
Try pitting 2 Centaurs vs P4 and have them fight frontally at med distance then compare T-34 vs 2 Ostwinds

I literally told you that
1) Ostwind performance versus medium tanks might need to be looked at
2) The 2x stationary Ostwind versus stationary T-34 isn't a representative test because it's an unrealistic scenario, and in the more realistic scenario of both parties moving the Ostwind suffers from a much more drastic drop in DPM
3) You brought up the Ostwind's "performance versus everything" and regarding that I told you that it's performance versus infantry is now equal to the Centaur at best and that their raw stats in this regard are uncomparable.
22 Jun 2019, 13:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2019, 13:02 PMKirrik

All allied mediums have same armor, only difference are guns (slightly different pen/reload/aoe)

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2019, 13:02 PMKirrik
Check the stats on Centaur before making fool of yourself, thats all I have to say

....... https://coh2db.com/stats/#52 i don't even..... just check for ur self
22 Jun 2019, 13:04 PM

I think the penetration is fine for Ostwind currently.

The video demonstrates 2 Ostwind vs 1 T34 so that is not an issue.

What would be is if Ostwind could single-handedly challenge a T34, than that would be a problem.

You can take even a video of 2 Bofors vs a PanzerIV, would do the same thing also and Bofors is way cheaper than Ostwind.
22 Jun 2019, 13:04 PM

I literally told you that
1) Ostwind performance versus medium tanks might need to be changed
2) The 2x stationary Ostwind versus stationary T-34 isn't a representative test because it's an unrealistic scenario, and in the more realistic scenario of both parties moving the Ostwind suffers from a much more drastic drop in DPM

More realistic scenario would be one of the Ostwinds flanking T-34 and attacking it's rear armor killing it even faster
Also I have to repeat myself - AT performance of Ostwind is tip of the iceberg, it's performance against infantry is absolutely out of this world especially when you consider it's cost and tier
22 Jun 2019, 13:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2019, 13:04 PMKirrik

More realistic scenario would be one of the Ostwinds flanking T-34 and attacking it's rear armor killing it even faster
Also I have to repeat myself - AT performance of Ostwind is tip of the iceberg, it's performance against infantry is absolutely out of this world especially when you consider it's cost and tier
again ostwind has 0.5 moving accuracy
22 Jun 2019, 13:05 PM

But if we use rear armor pens to test, two Centaurs will easily kill an Ostheer Panzer IV as well. So that wouldn't prove anything except that players with really bad tank micro might lose their medium tank to two AA tanks? Also the T-34 has higher top speed and higher acceleration so an Ostwind staying behind it long enough to kill it is pretty unlikely.

As it currently stands, the Ostwind is slightly better against medium tanks (unless while moving, then Ostwind is quite bad because it has bad moving accuracy/scatter) while the Centaur is slightly better against light vehicles because of its moving accuracy vs vehicles (100% chance to hit), although it has more trouble keeping up with lights.

Ostwind performance versus infantry (time to kill) is roughly equal to Centaur now, not "out of this world". The Centaur generally has an advantage against units in cover because of the way its gun works (with accuracy rather than with AOE), while the Ostwind has an advantage when enemy squads are clumped up (when AOE is more useful than accuracy). You might want to actually test these things before making random claims.
22 Jun 2019, 13:06 PM

....... https://coh2db.com/stats/#52 i don't even..... just check for ur self

You totally got me, T-34 has 150 armor, T-34-85 has 160. Yes 10 armor difference would shown a completely different picture
22 Jun 2019, 13:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2019, 13:06 PMKirrik

You totally got me, T-34 has 150 armor, T-34-85 has 160. Yes 10 armor difference would shown a completely different picture
considering the pen difference between ostwid and centaur is 10 i say yes (p4 and Cromwell armor is 20)
22 Jun 2019, 13:08 PM

2 Bofors vs a PanzerIV. Bofors wins.
2 Centuar vs PanzerIV. Centaur wins

Same vid, same story. Ostwind pen is fine. It is a medium tank, it should have some probability challenging even mediums. Not light vs mediums unless they are AT dedicated.
22 Jun 2019, 13:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2019, 12:55 PMKirrik

Because Soviets are faction that fights against Axis? Try using your brain for a second, Ostwind and T-34 have similar timings and one of them is thermonuclear wipe machine that can destroy infantry/planes/LV's and even tanks when massed while other struggles against pretty much everything it encounters even though it's tier higher.

T34 is also a main AI vehicle. I can't see a real problem here. Better test now if T34 or Ostwind kills faster a infantry squad, you will be impressed.

The Ostwind is really balanced at the moment.
22 Jun 2019, 14:22 PM

More realistic scenario would be one of the Ostwinds flanking T-34 and attacking it's rear armor killing it even faster...

A realistic scenario where you made up Ostwinds ambushing the 'worst' ingame medium (someone calls T34 a premium light) withouth support and ostwinds can kill on the move.

Yeah thats something to worry about, a retarded SU player loosing against fictional stats ostwind
22 Jun 2019, 14:41 PM

The Ostwind isnt OP against medium tanks. It does do decent damage if it can get a flank off while the Allied medium tank is distracted with another tank or AT-gun but that´s about it. The test of the OP is meaningless beucase in a regular game there is always infantry, at guns or micro input around.

IMO the Ostwind is a bit too good against Allied LVs now. Yes the Centaur does the same but the mobility of the Ostwind allows it to chase LVs, especially T70s, while the Centaur is way too slow to chase down a Luchs or Puma.
22 Jun 2019, 14:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2019, 13:06 PMKirrik

The main draw of the T34/85 is not 10 more armor but 160 more HP.
22 Jun 2019, 14:48 PM

The main draw of the T34/85 is not 10 more armor but 160 more HP.

Way to completely miss both of my points.
Ostwind isnt OP vs tanks, its just so OP in general as it does something that should never be possible - AA vehicle seriosly challenging medium tank in frontal engagement on top of being most effective AI behicle Ost has and costing same fuel as T-34 and sitting tier lower than said T-34. AA stands for anti-air, not anti-all which current Ostwind is

TL;DR Ostwind is JLI of this patch, hence same wehraboo brigades pathetically defending it, exact same way they did it JLI despite them being laughably OP
22 Jun 2019, 14:52 PM

IMO the Ostwind is a bit too good...to chase LVs, especially T70s, while the Centaur is way too slow to chase down a Luchs or Puma.

That is a very valid point, potentially unwanted. IMO nerf Ostw move speed. In midgame will serve its prupose and later it will stay behind, a slower Ostw will only stop it from chasing.
22 Jun 2019, 14:53 PM

It could always do this. I remember doing troll builds of only Ostwinds back in 2015 in 1v1 for fun. They (3 to 4) could pretty easily fend off a T34 or 2 to 3. The point now is that you tested it in a vacuum where nothing else is added.

Wanna laugh? You can add the reload and suppression bulletin to the ostwind and give it even more insane performance lol.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS