Login

russian armor

Ostheer vulnerability to indirect fire

22 Jun 2019, 06:59 AM

Indirect fire was nerfed and Ost had squad spacing fixed a while back. It's impossible to suffer random mortar wipes anymore

try using pgrens, grens are not your only squad to deal with cqb squads.

Pgrens in cover will drop assault Tommies or ppsh penals for breakfast

??? Where is is this coming from?

I’m very confused

How TF did you get from from me commenting on how indirect fire is good at keeping grens off the field / forcing them to move so their DpS sucks to you saying that grens don’t get random wiped by mortars anymore to that ost has tools to deal with CQB squads
22 Jun 2019, 09:29 AM

Wait if you're decent with mortar placement though that's pretty good. Especially against the usf mortar isnce it has such a comparatively low range.

Yes, but I think the Counter Barrage needs to get 100 range to be useful without having to put the mortar right next to your frontline troops. It would help Ostheer a lot against enemy mortars.
This way Ostheer would be able to sacrifice (some of) their own indirect fire to make sure they are safe from enemy indirect, which would be a good trade for them as their army favors static and defensive play.
22 Jun 2019, 12:42 PM

You know a unit can use med kits on another unit..? So if you like using them, keep a gren around to play medic for the PGs. Its never a bad idea to have fausts near by anyway.

I know, but I also mentioned that with PGs loosing their medikits there are less medics around now, and it has a relatively long cool down too.
22 Jun 2019, 13:31 PM

Osteehr med kits are useless. I only used it on squads that were a man of 4. Any less would simply be not worth 15-20 ammo for a single unit overall.

It is way better to purchase a bunker with medics since they are way more effective.

Medkit is not important. Other elements are.

It would be nicer if the medkits provided some kind of additional boost rather than just healing since they are quite costy for just one squad only.
22 Jun 2019, 14:03 PM

Yes, but I think the Counter Barrage needs to get 100-120 range to be useful without having to put the mortar right next to your frontline troops. It would help Ostheer a lot against enemy mortars.
This way Ostheer would be able to sacrifice (some of) their own indirect fire to make sure they are safe from enemy indirect, which would be a good trade for them as their army favors static and defensive play.

So it can engage any enemy arty from near absolute safety?
120 is way to much range on that ability. 100 range is worth trying. As far as i understand a range increase will also mean it will be less accurate at that range.

Maybe soviet mortar could get a better smoke barrage with vet. Soviets are pretty lacking in smoke options atm. These would help them being the aggresive faction. But thats for another thread.
22 Jun 2019, 14:11 PM

So it can engage any enemy arty from near absolute safety?
120 is way to much range on that ability. 100 range is worth trying.

You're right, I confused the 120mm mortar's caliber with its range while typing that. The GrW 34's Counter Barrage should get 100 range (not up to 120) so it outranges the standard mortars by a bit and also has a chance to fire on the 120mm mortar.
23 Jun 2019, 01:17 AM

buffing a spammed unit like the ost mortar is the last thing the balance team should be considering.. it's already encourages very poor gameplay in team games

british forces suffers from the same issues of indirect fire, it is why ost players spam them, especially in team games, combined with the insta suppressing mg42 is ridiculous enough, to buff this combination further is to create further imbalance in team games..

this is the problem with the balance team listening to teh community, the vocal majority of which are all about making the game easier to suit their play style rather than try and objectively contribute to the balance of the game
23 Jun 2019, 02:27 AM

If the automatic counterbarrage ability is buffed (which, IMO, it shouldn't be), please make sure it only applies to mortars and not LEFHs.

Don't know why anyone is in favor of buffing an automatic thing but oh well.
23 Jun 2019, 05:23 AM

I think the counter barrage should have more range and DPS than auto attacks, but have less DPS than barrages. That way it can deal with unmicroed mortars but won’t win if the enemy micros their mortar
23 Jun 2019, 08:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2019, 01:17 AMankle
buffing a spammed unit like the ost mortar is the last thing the balance team should be considering.. it's already encourages very poor gameplay in team games

british forces suffers from the same issues of indirect fire, it is why ost players spam them, especially in team games, combined with the insta suppressing mg42 is ridiculous enough, to buff this combination further is to create further imbalance in team games

Counter Barrage is a passive ability that disables autofire. Buffing this ability would have no effect on their indirect fire power. In fact it's probably the opposite; if Counter Barrage was actually useful it would be used more which would mean Ostheer would more often forfeit their own indirect fire to be protected from the enemy's indirect fire, because generally speaking enemy indirect fire hurts them more than theirs hurts the enemy.
23 Jun 2019, 10:05 AM

Counter barrage being decent is actually quite a clever solution.
23 Jun 2019, 10:59 AM

The counter barrage is a very good ability for 105mm and Panzerwerfer. But Mortar doesn't really need it, because it doesn't works in its range niveau.

You can remove it, nobody will care. Or, change it with something usefull, e.g. a cool-down ability for quick-reload etc. (increase reload speed ~10% for some sec.)
23 Jun 2019, 11:32 AM

Counter battery usually buggs out on me in the same way that soviet mortar flares bugg out on me.
23 Jun 2019, 14:25 PM

Counter Barrage is a passive ability that disables autofire. Buffing this ability would have no effect on their indirect fire power. In fact it's probably the opposite; if Counter Barrage was actually useful it would be used more which would mean Ostheer would more often forfeit their own indirect fire to be protected from the enemy's indirect fire, because generally speaking enemy indirect fire hurts them more than theirs hurts the enemy.

my argument is if you buff this unit it will encourage even more spamming to an already spammed and extremely effective unit.. this unit is already cancer in team games, combined with insta-supressing t0 and cheap mg it is a unit that shouldn't be buffed... in any way, be it counter barrage or otherwise

if there are going to be changes to this unit then it can not be a buff, it needs to be a measured change, if something is improved it absolutely has to be also nerfed in another way.. it is far too effective for it's cost.. british forces are probably the weakest faction in the game because of how strong ost is
23 Jun 2019, 17:05 PM

Counter battery usually buggs out on me in the same way that soviet mortar flares bugg out on me.

I think that happens if you give the order while its in the middle of setting-up/packing-up? Not certain tho
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★