Login

russian armor

What do you find Un-fun about coh2?

19 Jun 2019, 16:17 PM
Donator 11

- Sniper gameplay (Sniper war or dealing with an enemy sniper)
- Autofire (mortars)
- Anti natural movement of some models (When you're trying to kill an enemy squad retreating and your soldiers turn on themselves)
- Vehicle pathing on VP's
- Models of an infantry squad very close together in some nonsense circumstances that causes stupid wipes
19 Jun 2019, 16:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2019, 16:17 PMjesulin
- Sniper gameplay (Sniper war or dealing with an enemy sniper)
- Autofire (mortars)
- Anti natural movement of some models (When you're trying to kill an enemy squad retreating and your soldiers turn on themselves)
- Vehicle pathing on VP's
- Models of an infantry squad very close together in some nonsense circumstances that causes stupid wipes

+1
19 Jun 2019, 17:17 PM

Snipers are really frustrating to play against, don't find them fun to try and counter.

Shock Troops are OP at the minute, they are just silly
19 Jun 2019, 17:20 PM

Rng

But a total absense of RNG would not be fun at all, it just feels clinical (like starcraft).

Having RNG actually creates more opportunity for skill to shine through, because its how you react to events as they unfold, not always knowing how it will goes means you have to keep on your toes.
19 Jun 2019, 17:39 PM

But a total absense of RNG would not be fun at all, it just feels clinical (like starcraft).

Having RNG actually creates more opportunity for skill to shine through, because its how you react to events as they unfold, not always knowing how it will goes means you have to keep on your toes.

I don't agree. I have seen 100s of beautiful plays, with superb skill, being completely hammered to nothingness by rng. RNG dictates almost every outcome of every game. You can play the game of your life, but if a random number decides you lose, you lose. Skill or not.
19 Jun 2019, 17:42 PM

STUPID SOVIETS
19 Jun 2019, 18:19 PM

RNG dictates almost every outcome of every game.

But a good player doesnt expect a certain outcome, sure sometimes it can screw you over at a critical moment, but missing a shot etc is just part of the game. Vast majority of the time the better player will come out on top. Its rare for a single dice roll to be gg, unless you were already on the edge.
19 Jun 2019, 18:25 PM

Pak howies and Scot... Anything else is great, ah sometimes I hate AT walls, but only until Arty.
19 Jun 2019, 19:02 PM

On the big picture side of things:

1) How some things that are fine in 1v1/2v2 turn into absolute frustration in team games (howitzer spam, multiple Elefants/ISU-152s)

2) Any "set it and forget it" type abilities that don't have a non-doctrinal counter.

3) The weird inconsistencies across the board for "rules" that end up making things lopsided (particularly with call-ins).

On the smaller side of things:

1) When you press retreat while a grenade is in the air and it ends up wiping your squad anyway due to the units delaying their action for 1/3rd of a second and "sticking" to cover.

2) When an enemy unit can shoot you, but you can't shoot it due to some weirdness with the true sight (not because they are ground-targeting either).

3) Setting up a very good play to flank an HMG and watching it fall to ribbons because it shot outside of the arc.

4) BLOOOOBBBBBBBSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
19 Jun 2019, 19:09 PM

Blobbing. MGs from all factions should punish blobbers. Only the mg42 does so reliably, and even that can get melted from inside it's cone by lmg blobs.

MGs should be less diverse, more consistent. Looking at you maxim
20 Jun 2019, 10:38 AM

But a good player doesnt expect a certain outcome, sure sometimes it can screw you over at a critical moment, but missing a shot etc is just part of the game. Vast majority of the time the better player will come out on top. Its rare for a single dice roll to be gg, unless you were already on the edge.

Or you play ostheer. If you can't agree fine. RNG decides games, skill decides games. But when it comes to a battle between RNG and Skill, RNG ALWAYS wins.
20 Jun 2019, 10:45 AM
Donator 11

The rounds have gone longer than before, maybe its balance or maybe its because ppl tend to play much more carefully than before. I don't really enjoy anything above the 30 mins mark, the late game micro and macro is so repetitive. Maybe the VP pressure should be increased...

But these are my cnc, sc2 roots speaking :P
20 Jun 2019, 10:47 AM

smipers
20 Jun 2019, 10:56 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The monetization model. How you get commanders is horrible. I played 400 hours and got 3 commanders by random drops. And here I was super lucky since two of them were very usable. Also I can buy 2-3 Commanders with supply. I need to play 50+ hours to get one single commander. This is bullshit. You need to pay if you want to get anywhere. And if you buy one, it might be unusable because they don't rebalance old commanders with new patches, so it just might be money thrown away.
For CoH3, please Relic, fix this stupid model.
20 Jun 2019, 11:01 AM

The monetization model. How you get commanders is horrible. I played 400 hours and got 3 commanders by random drops. And here I was super lucky since two of them were very usable. Also I can buy 2-3 Commanders with supply. I need to play 50+ hours to get one single commander. This is bullshit. You need to pay if you want to get anywhere. And if you buy one, it might be unusable because they don't rebalance old commanders with new patches, so it just might be money thrown away.
For CoH3, please Relic, fix this stupid model.

If there only was something as currency drops, making you pick whatever you want with time if you don't want to buy it.
20 Jun 2019, 11:05 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jun 2019, 11:01 AMKatitof

If there only was something as currency drops, making you pick whatever you want with time if you don't want to buy it.

I do know your passive-aggressive style of writing, but before you do that, you should probably properly read the post first, otherwise it makes you look like a moron.
I covered supply drops.
20 Jun 2019, 11:07 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I also just remembered that you can get supply from Bot-matches, which I played quite a lot very long time ago.
So the rate at which you get commanders is actually waaaaaaaay worse than 50 hours/
20 Jun 2019, 11:20 AM

Honestly, I am quite happy with the new patch. And I think it is very cool that they made the new Commanders avialable for everybody. I have just little Issues with balancing, in general it is fine for me. Maybe OST is a little strong now, lots of their stuff got buffed.

Just one thing happened to me yesterday. In Hill 400, playing OKW, I was at the northern Fuel with a Tiger first, later a Panther, they were both nearly full health. Then US Guy send a P47 Rocket strafe and in a few seconds, Tiger was gone. Maybe it was just lucky rng but the same thing happened to my panther. Until that point I didnt lost any Squads, they were Vet 4 and 5, doing quite well the whole game but I was so pissed that I ragequitted, never do that usually. Feels like they buffed rocket strafe, not sure if its true.
20 Jun 2019, 11:41 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jun 2019, 11:01 AMKatitof

So, to keep the style:
If there only was something like basic maths, making you able to calculate and back up whatever claim you make if you don't want to spread bullshit.

Sarcasm off:
To back it up:
You need 15000 supply for a standard commander, or 30 drops with 500 supply each. For one drop you need 6000 victory points or 30*6000 = 180 000 victory points in total. You earn 1750 points on average per game (50% win-rate), equals 103 played matches. If a match lasts 30 min (usually, it's probably longer), this would make it 51,5 hours of playtime. Assuming every drop is a supply drop, which it is not. Probably every 2nd to 3rd time (depending on how many items you already have) is a supply drop, since there are probably hundreds of skins and bulletins.

So please Relic, don't implement this shitty system again in CoH3.
20 Jun 2019, 12:37 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jun 2019, 11:20 AMSamson
Honestly, I am quite happy with the new patch. And I think it is very cool that they made the new Commanders avialable for everybody. I have just little Issues with balancing, in general it is fine for me. Maybe OST is a little strong now, lots of their stuff got buffed.

Just one thing happened to me yesterday. In Hill 400, playing OKW, I was at the northern Fuel with a Tiger first, later a Panther, they were both nearly full health. Then US Guy send a P47 Rocket strafe and in a few seconds, Tiger was gone. Maybe it was just lucky rng but the same thing happened to my panther. Until that point I didnt lost any Squads, they were Vet 4 and 5, doing quite well the whole game but I was so pissed that I ragequitted, never do that usually. Feels like they buffed rocket strafe, not sure if its true.

Didn't the hotfix last night specifically fix a bug with P47 stafe overperforming?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★