Login

russian armor

USF Mortar Halftrack & M1 Pack Howitzer Need Nerf

12 Jun 2019, 15:33 PM

i find both pretty well. The OST halftrack incendiary is better than the USF White pho’s because it actually kills .

It kills maybe 1 men with luck, even with a total perfect hit. It is the worst ability I know for any ingame unit.

It is as useless as fire bombs of the never seen air support commander of Ostheer. xD

I thought lowering the pak howi to 5 man fixed its problems................................... Kappa

Just change the AoE profile so it doesn't obliterate 4 man squads in 1 shot. That's it!

I've always liked Katitof's idea of turning it into a barrage only unit.

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2019, 15:09 PMLago

The mortar was added in the first place because USF otherwise had to tech Captain for garrison clearance.

The mortar was added before the tech change and there is little reason for it be a T0 any more.

USF has tools to clear buildings without the mortar.
12 Jun 2019, 15:35 PM

WP barrage cost should go up to match that of the flame barrage.

Pack Howie should had never had an auto attack and instead improved barrage capabilities.

The flame barrage has no use. Normal mortar rounds are better versus buildings, garrisons and emplacements. It was usefull 4 years ago. Even a molotov is better. xD
12 Jun 2019, 15:38 PM

To justify the cost of incendiary rounds of ostheer mortar halftruck, it should get increased number of shells to saturate the area, 3shells may be OK.
12 Jun 2019, 15:40 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2019, 15:33 PMLago

I've always liked Katitof's idea of turning it into a barrage only unit.

think you quoted the wrong mod there. Elchino was the one mentioning the removal of autofire.
12 Jun 2019, 16:04 PM

nerf pak howi plz
12 Jun 2019, 16:07 PM

You ever used Ostheers SdKfz. 250 moratar vehicle? lol US version is OP as fuck. xD

Mybe some Allii fanboys should start playing Germans. Play versus your team and you will see. ;D

Both units suffer from the same problems inherit to the unit design. They have the same strengths and weaknesses. If the USF version is better than the Wehrmacht version, which it very well may be, then the solution is to reduce the cost of the Wehrmacht unit, probably a reduction by 20-40 manpower and 10-15 fuel would be enough.

Don’t belittle me by calling me an “Allii fanboy”. Name calling is childish and does not contribute to positive discussion.

And yes, I do play Wehrmacht, but I’m admittedly not a huge fan of OKW.

12 Jun 2019, 16:13 PM

Use US phosphor and then the german fire ability and then let's speak about it. I can't see you know the real differences.

Edit: I am bored to make videos after video only so show simple diffrences.
12 Jun 2019, 16:31 PM

Use US phosphor and then the german fire ability and then let's speak about it. I can't see you know the real differences.

Edit: I am bored to make videos after video only so show simple diffrences.

The abilities serve similar but different purposes.

The Wehrmacht Mortar HT flame round is a way to force an AT gun or MG to reposition. You can fire the one flame round and then pull your mortar halftrack back to protect it and still force the enemy to relocate. It’s not a straight up killing ability, it’s a shoot and move utility ability that allows your mortar HT to reposition faster but still force enemy team weapons to move.

The USF WP rounds serve a slightly different role. They are intended to do big damage to an enemy team weapon so that other units can wipe them out in conjunction.

Both can use their abilities to deny an area to enemy units, such as a VP or resource point capture circle you are defending.

Are the abilities equal? No, but they serve the same utility in different ways. They don’t have to be 1:1 equal in order to be balanced.

This is why I suggest a slight cost reduction to the Wehrmacht mortar halftrack.
12 Jun 2019, 16:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2019, 13:55 PMKatitof

You going to ignore the fact that WP barrage -DOES NOT KILL- while incendiary DO?
You going to ignore the fact that delayed fuse is completely ineffective against infantry, unless you're blisfully unaware to what the timer on the ground that appeared suddenly is and its sole purpose is to poke at static structures?

Can anyone here honestly say they have lost a single model to a flame mortar ? I certainly haven't the damage done is so slow and not near instant like white phosphorus . Additionally having 1hp is arguably far worse than losing models as you MUST have a healing station or else lose every single fight no matter what .

So lets recap for a 25 muntions investment a german player must invest 150 manpower and 60 muntions which is still woefully inadequate against white phosphorus.
12 Jun 2019, 17:00 PM

You can simply stay in the fire, it will not kill you. That is the fact you ignore.

While phosphor will steal hp until 1 will left, then it will block the attack. It is OP as fuck. I don't want that shit also for Ostheers 250.

Please, start the game and try it, before you write more.

It is mainly to rebalance how enities work, not making them worse or unbalanced. May you don't see it, because you don't understand the code and the problems.

At the moment the game is better balanced than 2 year ago, but it still needs love. And it has still real balancing problems.
12 Jun 2019, 17:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2019, 15:33 PMVipper

The mortar was added before the tech change and there is little reason for it be a T0 any more.

USF has tools to clear buildings without the mortar.

The Pack Howie is T2.5. It didn't become more accessible due to the tech changes.

All the other factions have easy access to a fast garrison clearer.

UKF has the Wasp and their flares level buildings.
SOV and OST have nondoc flamers and can build a mortar building from the start of the game.
OKW has flame nades specifically for this reason.
12 Jun 2019, 18:07 PM

Lol USF mortar halftruck has one useful ability that does damage. You complain about it. I have not seen this unit in ages. I came across it recently. I nearly laughed, it is bad and can only damage units, never kill them.
12 Jun 2019, 19:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2019, 12:35 PMVipper

Pack howitzer could then be moved to major replacing the Scott which way to powerful and could become a doctrinal unit.

This is so bad on so many levels and you surprised people think u are axisboi. This is just crazy. U think scott (mobile mortar in last tier) need to be doctinal but its ok that okw have rocket arty in first truck. Just wow and no this nothing personal but u need to slow down buddy because next thing u will suggest will be stuart in last tier
12 Jun 2019, 19:16 PM

Biggest issue isn't WP on its own. If they're used in pairs w/ one barraging behind it can get a bit ridiculous. Units are moving so slow they get chopped up by a regular barrage used in tandem.

They cost a good bit of fuel though. Between WP and crew repairs they're definitely a bit better than Ostheer ht mortars. Unless you're katitof.
12 Jun 2019, 20:22 PM
Developer Relic Badge

WP on the mortar halftrack can go up in price. Is 25 vs the 45 of the Ostheer incendiary round.
12 Jun 2019, 21:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2019, 17:38 PMLago

The Pack Howie is T2.5. It didn't become more accessible due to the tech changes.

All the other factions have easy access to a fast garrison clearer.

UKF has the Wasp and their flares level buildings.
SOV and OST have nondoc flamers and can build a mortar building from the start of the game.
OKW has flame nades specifically for this reason.

it can be 1.5 depending what one call 1 or second point here is that is comes very fast and USF have access to smoke grenades an grenades.
12 Jun 2019, 22:04 PM

WP on the mortar halftrack can go up in price. Is 25 vs the 45 of the Ostheer incendiary round.

Even then incendiary round is a joke. Because the area of fire isn't a real spot, has way too less damage.

PS when will you buff the incendiary bombing run? Give it stats of Stuka zu Fuß fire bombs and it will be ok.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★