Login

russian armor

USF Mortar Halftrack & M1 Pack Howitzer Need Nerf

14 Jun 2019, 19:14 PM

I'd hope so, the pack howie is a howitzer that takes 3X0 manpower, a side tech, and can't hard retreat compared to a wehr techless 260 manpower unit. Not to mention pretty sure pack howie fires slower than wehr mortar.

If your gren is fighting enemy unit + howie it should lose the engagement not sure why you think otherwise. If they have pack howie they're gonna have a much smaller force due to the cost and teching, you can should be taking advantage of that.

The problem is, the pack howie basically hard-counters all of Ost's units with nearly zero user input. The Ost mortar is good, but as with all IDF units, it's best against static infantry - which USF rarely uses. Every single USF infantry unit, short of M1919 upgraded rifles, can fire on the move with little to no problem. Compare this to Ost, which is based entirely around static units: The MG42 is a core unit (unlike the .50), the Gren LMG needs to be stationary to fire, the early/mid AT role is filled by the PAK (compared to stuart, zooks) due to Muni cost, etc.

To counter all of these units, all the USF player needs to do is sit a pack-howie within range, and let it auto-fire. There's zero player input for an incredible amount of power.

Imagine if OST had a unit that auto-marked nearby moving infantry with +33% RA, forcing allied infantry to remain static; it would be absurdly OP. This is basically how disruptive the Pack-Howie/US-MHT is to OST play, except there's also doing MP-drain.

Also, I had a very similar post about this a week or so ago; there were some good suggestions by others in it: https://www.coh2.org/topic/91307/indirect-auto-fire-vs-ost
14 Jun 2019, 23:23 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Invised more offtopic posts
14 Jun 2019, 23:42 PM

The problem is, the pack howie basically hard-counters all of Ost's units with nearly zero user input. The Ost mortar is good, but as with all IDF units, it's best against static infantry - which USF rarely uses. Every single USF infantry unit, short of M1919 upgraded rifles, can fire on the move with little to no problem. Compare this to Ost, which is based entirely around static units: The MG42 is a core unit (unlike the .50), the Gren LMG needs to be stationary to fire, the early/mid AT role is filled by the PAK (compared to stuart, zooks) due to Muni cost, etc.

To counter all of these units, all the USF player needs to do is sit a pack-howie within range, and let it auto-fire. There's zero player input for an incredible amount of power.

Imagine if OST had a unit that auto-marked nearby moving infantry with +33% RA, forcing allied infantry to remain static; it would be absurdly OP. This is basically how disruptive the Pack-Howie/US-MHT is to OST play, except there's also doing MP-drain.

Also, I had a very similar post about this a week or so ago; there were some good suggestions by others in it: https://www.coh2.org/topic/91307/indirect-auto-fire-vs-ost

This sums things up perfectly nice post , i do hope this is taken on board and added to the next patch.
17 Jun 2019, 06:37 AM

+1

After removing precision strike from soviet mortars + 120mm mortar nerf ostheer mortars have ruled the mortar battles for a long time. It can really be annoying to play versus defensive Ostheer players with multiple MGs/bunker and mortars on teamgame maps that are narrow/have choke points. I'm glad there is an allied non-doc unit that can break that up without having to wait for big artillery pieces. US howitzer gives Ostheer a reason to play more mobile and flexible and that is a good thing for gameplay.

“gives Ostheer a reason to play more mobile and flexible”

It gives them a reason to play more mobile, but doesn’t give them the ability to.
How am I supposed to play more mobile when my team weapons and infantry have to be stationary to do their jobs?:loco:

17 Jun 2019, 09:27 AM

“gives Ostheer a reason to play more mobile and flexible”

It gives them a reason to play more mobile, but doesn’t give them the ability to.
How am I supposed to play more mobile when my team weapons and infantry have to be stationary to do their jobs?:loco:

Reposition your team weapons regularly

Take G43s

Use Pamzer Grenadiers

Embrace the halftrack

Make use of blitz and smoke

Infantry sprint commanders

Ost has the tools.
20 Jun 2019, 05:12 AM

I thought lowering the pak howi to 5 man fixed its problems................................... Kappa

Just change the AoE profile so it doesn't obliterate 4 man squads in 1 shot. That's it!
20 Jun 2019, 05:13 AM

Soo, go ahead and nerf all the ass grenadiers who wipe my rifle squads in 4 seconds...
20 Jun 2019, 14:02 PM

Let's not nerf the USF into oblivion again. I swear, the Allies get one thing the Germans dont have and it's the end of the fricken world. We get a mortar with WP boohoo. Survive until you get your squad wiping panzerwerfer artillery and you can one shot the half tracks with a single barrage. As you all are saying with the Assault Grenadiers and the 12 minute Tigers. Adapt and learn to play
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★