Login

russian armor

StuG and JPIV Penetration

PAGES (13)down
10 Jun 2019, 22:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2019, 21:37 PMEnkidu
ONow, this may sound crazy, but is there anything inherently wrong with upping the fuel cost of the StuG to 110 or even 120 and making it more of a generalist unit like the p4? Get rid of target weak point and increase the aoe of it's main gun a bit to be less good than a p4 but better than what it is now.

Like a tiny ISU-152? That could work.
11 Jun 2019, 01:40 AM

Sorry i shouldn't say vcoh2 literally, i too hated the alpha-beta-launch game.

I think there was a period before or after the new factions launched( after nerfing op ukf), that was a good period, where there was enough coh feel, enough distinctions between army.

Right now encounters are too touch and go for a 45 year old gamer, too much reactions aps. Got into top 500 2v2 some years ago, now im outside 1000, also in part i spent lesser time gaming.

I do think relic did great job supporting game from launch, made time effort to make patch. But right now, i feel its overdone and dilutive of coh.
11 Jun 2019, 05:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2019, 16:27 PMLago

I think it was more a problem of the SU-76 also obliterating AT guns.

One SU-76's barrage was okay.

Four of them at once was a dead Pak.

okay but 4 x i believe 275 mp and 75/80 fuel deleting a pak with their arty is not wrong considering the recources used. Although the price increase was delayed at one point i believe.
11 Jun 2019, 06:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2019, 16:27 PMLago

I think it was more a problem of the SU-76 also obliterating AT guns.

One SU-76's barrage was okay.

Four of them at once was a dead Pak.

If I invest 1080 mp, 280 fu and 140 munis to kill a single unit while the opponent hasn't done anything to punish this huge resource sink, it should damn well obliterrate the Pak.
11 Jun 2019, 08:57 AM

I would also like to remove the MG and the shield for StuG. The damage is so low, isn't needed. The MG only showes up the StuG because it shoots at everything. The upgrade is in my mind more or less a nerf, not a buff.

Better give the MG to StuG E only.
11 Jun 2019, 09:59 AM

If I invest 1080 mp, 280 fu and 140 munis to kill a single unit while the opponent hasn't done anything to punish this huge resource sink, it should damn well obliterrate the Pak.

The SU-76m barrage used to be weaker, but free. It was a true combination of anti-tank and light artillery.

You'd get a pack of them, they'd be able to counter their weight in tanks no problem, and you couldn't use infantry anti-tank because four SU-76 barrages would fall on your head every time.

They swapped out the SU-76's free barrage with the ZiS gun's more expensive but more powerful barrage to prevent this: it'd cost 140 MU as you said.

Unfortunately, the loss of versatility also killed the SU-76 in 1v1.
11 Jun 2019, 10:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2019, 09:59 AMLago

You'd get a pack of them, they'd be able to counter their weight in tanks no problem, and you couldn't use infantry anti-tank because four SU-76 barrages would fall on your head every time.

You could, you just couldn't walk up to them across no cover, facing their front.

Unfortunately, the loss of versatility also killed the SU-76 in 1v1.

True that.
There are still scrubs who attempt false claims that soviets are light on muni use faction, which couldn't be further from the truth - they are faction that doesn't have infantry upgrades, they hog muni like crazy if you attempt to utilize all the abilities, which with time were all made more expensive as well(molos, oorah, aforementioned free abilities now costing muni etc).
11 Jun 2019, 21:58 PM

The MG only showes up the StuG because it shoots at everything.

Hold fire should just apply to the pintle mgs as well, it's really annoying when you reveal a unit you're trying to hide because your tank tries to shoot down the plane.
11 Jun 2019, 22:16 PM

Hold fire should just apply to the pintle mgs as well, it's really annoying when you reveal a unit you're trying to hide because your tank tries to shoot down the plane.

The problem is, you would need an extra ability for that, so MGs really stop shooting. A real passive modus.
But again, I really think the MG on StuG G is useless. Maybe a real silence ability can help.

---

Why not rename StuG G to StuG F. Same stats, same price BUT:
- remove the Vet2 skirts, instead split the Vet3 relaod a little bit.
- option to upgrade StuG F to StuG G when T4 is searched.
-> 100mp and 15fuel for skirts (Vet2 hp and armor buff) and +5 range.

Edit: that wouldn't destroy the current balancing, but would increase the performance of StuG a little bit, if you need it in late-game to counter tank-hunters it can penetrate. So it still has problems versus Churchills etc. so Panther or PaK40 will be still needed. So also an answer for the Jackson thread.
11 Jun 2019, 22:47 PM

The problem is, you would need an extra ability for that, so MGs really stop shooting. A real passive modus.
But again, I really think the MG on StuG G is useless. Maybe a real silence ability can help.

---

Why not rename StuG G to StuG F. Same stats, same price BUT:
- remove the Vet2 skirts, instead split the Vet3 relaod a little bit.
- option to upgrade StuG F to StuG G when T4 is searched.
-> 100mp and 15fuel for skirts (Vet2 hp and armor buff) and +5 range.

Edit: that wouldn't destroy the current balancing, but would increase the performance of StuG a little bit, if you need it in late-game to counter tank-hunters it can penetrate. So it still has problems versus Churchills etc. so Panther or PaK40 will be still needed. So also an answer for the Jackson thread.

Tbh skirts feel more like a battle phase bonus than vet anyways...
Would be a way to shake up Ost and make BP mean something.
Take away the skirts and replace them with something else as a vet ability.
Allow the skirts upgrade as either a purchased upgrade or bonus when teching BP3.

IMO each BP should unlock something for the tier before it as a passive and unlock an option for purchase. Then even sitting in a t3 strat the player has some reason to grab that last BP. it would be a great way to bump stug effeciency (and p4 too) without simply rewarding critical mass.

Not sure what all it could do exactly but I think it's an interesting route to improving weak scaling Ost units.
11 Jun 2019, 22:54 PM

Tbh skirts feel more like a battle phase bonus than vet anyways...
Would be a way to shake up Ost and make BP mean something.
Take away the skirts and replace them with something else as a vet ability.
Allow the skirts upgrade as either a purchased upgrade or bonus when teching BP3.

IMO each BP should unlock something for the tier before it as a passive and unlock an option for purchase. Then even sitting in a t3 strat the player has some reason to grab that last BP. it would be a great way to bump stug effeciency (and p4 too) without simply rewarding critical mass.

Not sure what all it could do exactly but I think it's an interesting route to improving weak scaling Ost units.

It is also not diffictult to do so. Simply split Vet3 a litte bit for Vet2 and make the armor and HP buff be an upgrade.

e.g.
- StuG gets extra HP and armor + 5 range.
- Pnz4 gets extra HP and armor
12 Jun 2019, 09:22 AM

I propose a little change to stug: it obtains switchable ammo, standard ammo with current statictics, and AP ammo with more reload time (maybe +1.5 ~ +2 sec) but more pen (not a lot, maybe +20 pen). Cooldown to switch ammo like sherman or ISU-152.
12 Jun 2019, 19:20 PM

I guess a penetrting ammo for like 30 seconds bought with munitions would make sense (something similar to US at gun). Actually, stugs could also have an ability making its arc of fire and sight longer with vet 2 just like us at gun.
12 Jun 2019, 20:41 PM

I don't think Stug and JP4 should get a penetration upgrade especially for the cost of the tanks right now. The main problem I have with JP4 is the horrendous accuracy.
12 Jun 2019, 21:00 PM

The main problem I have with JP4 is the horrendous accuracy.

At vet 0 it has 0.06/0.05/0.04 which is higher than the SU-85 and the Jackson.
A stock Firefly has the same, but +10% more with the commander upgrade.

At vet 2 it gets +20% accuracy where the SU-85 and Jackson get +30%, which makes it only very slightly worse than the SU-85 (0.048 vs 0.052) but still better than the Jackson and better than the Firefly at that point. The Firefly gets +30% at vet 3 which gives it 0.052 or 0.057 (+10%).

However, the Jagdpanzer IV gets an additional +15% accuracy at vet 4.
At this point it becomes the most accurate tank in the game (0.099/0.083/0.067).

It even gets a +25% accuracy bonus for the first shot out of camo on top of that at vet 5.
12 Jun 2019, 21:53 PM

At vet 0 it has 0.06/0.05/0.04 which is higher than the SU-85 and the Jackson.
A stock Firefly has the same, but +10% more with the commander upgrade.

At vet 2 it gets +20% accuracy where the SU-85 and Jackson get +30%, which makes it only very slightly worse than the SU-85 (0.048 vs 0.052) but still better than the Jackson and better than the Firefly at that point. The Firefly gets +30% at vet 3 which gives it 0.052 or 0.057 (+10%).

However, the Jagdpanzer IV gets an additional +15% accuracy at vet 4.
At this point it becomes the most accurate tank in the game (0.099/0.083/0.067).

It even gets a +25% accuracy bonus for the first shot out of camo on top of that at vet 5.

You have to keep in mind as I pointed out in another thread that FF has x150 long mid range than JP at 45 instead of 30. If you want to compared accuracy you should do at the same range.
12 Jun 2019, 22:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2019, 21:53 PMVipper
You have to keep in mind as I pointed out in another thread that FF has x150 long mid range than JP at 45 instead of 30. If you want to compared accuracy you should do at the same range.

But what is the point of comparing accuracy at range 30-45 for vehicles that are meant to engage at range 55-60? I only included near and mid range for clarification, not for comparison. As you might notice from my second paragraph, I'm only comparing max range accuracy.
12 Jun 2019, 22:45 PM

But what is the point of comparing accuracy at range 30-45 for vehicles that are meant to engage at range 55-60? I only included near and mid range for clarification, not for comparison. As you might notice from my second paragraph, I'm only comparing max range accuracy.

Compare the accuracy of JP at range 55 with that of FF at range 55.
12 Jun 2019, 23:00 PM

Does the minute details of who has the light edge within 5 range really matter? Like REALLY? it's gumming up the thread for what? Brownie points?
They are both incredibly accurate. Cool good. GREAT even! Moving on....
12 Jun 2019, 23:15 PM

Does the minute details of who has the light edge within 5 range really matter? Like REALLY? it's gumming up the thread for what? Brownie points?
They are both incredibly accurate. Cool good. GREAT even! Moving on....

The FF value of mid range is abnormal it makes far more accurate than other similar units it should be fixed.

To put it in perspective FF at range 45 is as accurate as stug at range 12.5.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS