Login

russian armor

SOV: Move T-34/76 to T3 and make T-34/85 non-doc/T4

11 Jun 2019, 16:54 PM

It's not an OP ability for the soviets to gain parallel production as I've
described, and it'd come in way handy, if they have an important loss of tanks
to make up for. Which happens more often to Soviets than Germans :)

Even though its true that soviets suffer more from loosing cheaper units, its the only part of the faction that contains mindless spamming other than costs. It gives a risk factor when you throw in your units and rarely if not ever since i play COH2 ive seen parallel factories on OST
11 Jun 2019, 19:05 PM

Doesn't T34 only come after p4 if you get a T70?

Why would you not got for a T70?
11 Jun 2019, 21:02 PM

Permanently Banned

Why would you not got for a T70?

Why does SU deserve a faster t34 than p4 if he sank 70f into a t70 while Ost doesn't put any fuel into light vehicles. Use your brain dude.
11 Jun 2019, 21:32 PM

Why does SU deserve a faster t34 than p4 if he sank 70f into a t70 while Ost doesn't put any fuel into light vehicles. Use your brain dude.

That's a whole 'nother story. I honestly can't think of a situation when I would skip a T70 (or some light) in favor of a T34.

T34 its going to be outmatched in really fast, while T70 and Su76 can be usefull in later stages of the game not only by their combat performance in specific situations but also their utility abilities.
11 Jun 2019, 21:36 PM

Permanently Banned

That's a whole 'nother story. I honestly can't think of a situation when I would skip a T70 (or some light) in favor of a T34.

T34 its going to be outmatched in really fast, while T70 and Su76 can be usefull in later stages of the game not only by their combat performance in specific situations but also their utility abilities.

T34 is supposed to be outmatched by p4. If u don't like it get a doctrine which has doctrinal armor. Literally 75% of all SU docs have better doctrinal armor because of the fact that the stock T34 is outmatched.

If u think its fair to price a 4 hit kill tank just 20f more than a t70 in the same tech building..... I not gonna bother to talk to u anymore.
11 Jun 2019, 21:45 PM

T34 is supposed to be outmatched by p4. If u don't like it get a doctrine which has doctrinal armor. Literally 75% of all SU docs have better doctrinal armor because of the fact that the stock T34 is outmatched.

If u think its fair to price a 4 hit kill tank just 20f more than a t70 in the same tech building..... I not gonna bother to talk to u anymore.

Read my earlier posts.

TL;DR
Move T34 to T3. Increase its fuel price so its a choice between inmediate firepower or a delayed "premium" light
After T4 is built, reduce its price back to 90f

I have stated my reasoning in said posts
12 Jun 2019, 07:38 AM

I still think that the idea to make T3 skippable(T4 is more expensive unless T3 is built, but doesn't requite it) sounds great. I think it would make soviets more interesting, so you don't have to get t70 every game.
12 Jun 2019, 08:09 AM

Read my earlier posts.

TL;DR
Move T34 to T3. Increase its fuel price so its a choice between inmediate firepower or a delayed "premium" light
After T4 is built, reduce its price back to 90f

I have stated my reasoning in said posts

Hm... why not? But only it T34 hull-MG gets a hard nerf, it is bugged and has way too muj dps.
12 Jun 2019, 08:33 AM

Hm... why not? But only it T34 hull-MG gets a hard nerf, it is bugged and has way too muj dps.

I'll share a secret with you:
12 Jun 2019, 08:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2019, 08:33 AMKatitof

I'll share a secret with you:

Maybe you even don't know the bug? It shoots without animation.

Next, and it is OP too.
12 Jun 2019, 09:27 AM

Make first T34/76 spawn with vet1 / FIXED
12 Jun 2019, 09:28 AM

Maybe you even don't know the bug? It shoots without animation.

Next, and it is OP too.

Please explain why you think it is.

The t34 76 sucks in the at department. It suck in armour and hp departmet. It does not excel in flanking.

It does excel in the cost department.
It also does do well in the ai department in large part because of the hull mg. But a p4 is still better in ai imo.
This is also why they buffed it to begin with. The t34 was only good at was being cheap and die to a sneese a thus free exp for axis.
12 Jun 2019, 09:41 AM

It has one MG with nearly same DPS as all 3 MGs of Panzer4 (upgraded). That is ok?

Because it is one weapon shooting on only one model it kills model per model way too fast. (E.g. german tanks will shoot many models at same time, reducing the hp but not kill). Also the AI performane of the main-gun is very good. Why such an op hull-MG? It isn't needed.

Edit: and it is buged too, makes damage even without animation.
12 Jun 2019, 15:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It has one MG with nearly same DPS as all 3 MGs of Panzer4 (upgraded). That is ok?

Because it is one weapon shooting on only one model it kills model per model way too fast. (E.g. german tanks will shoot many models at same time, reducing the hp but not kill). Also the AI performane of the main-gun is very good. Why such an op hull-MG? It isn't needed.

Edit: and it is buged too, makes damage even without animation.

Because the main gun performance is not good and instead of relying on cheesy random wipes, you get constant AI boost which can be nullified by vet, cover and retreat bonuses.
12 Jun 2019, 15:59 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Further more, Soviets don't have a nondoc designated AI tank like UKF or USF with HE shells. The t34/76 is a great tank. It may not solo panthers, but they're strong in numbers. Turn the hull towards infantry and they're reliable there too.
12 Jun 2019, 16:06 PM

Because the main gun performance is not good and instead of relying on cheesy random wipes, you get constant AI boost which can be nullified by vet, cover and retreat bonuses.

Then buff something else, but not make a broken hull mg xD That is retarded balancing and design.
12 Jun 2019, 16:08 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Then buff something else, but not make a broken hull mg xD That is retarded balancing and design.

Like what? Honest question. It's balanced as is, so if you think its power needs to be reappropriated, then where should it go? Also, its perfectly good balancing seeing as how the unit is balanced. But whether or not its good design is actually a discussion to be had.
12 Jun 2019, 16:10 PM

Like what? Honest question. It's balanced as is, so if you think its power needs to be reappropriated, then where should it go?

T34 has a pistol attack mechanism in its code. You can simply make a close range attack ability for some sec. to increase self-defense. That would be a better solution than making a broken hull-mg.
12 Jun 2019, 16:25 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

T34 has a pistol attack mechanism in its code. You can simply make a close range attack ability for some sec. to increase self-defense. That would be a better solution than making a broken hull-mg.

But why would it be better? I guess having its AI tied to an ability would differentiate it further from other mediums, but I don't know if that differentiation would be for the better. It would make the t34 bleed more munitions, have limited up time, or decrease its effective range, and I don't know why that should be the case.
12 Jun 2019, 17:06 PM

But why would it be better? I guess having its AI tied to an ability would differentiate it further from other mediums, but I don't know if that differentiation would be for the better. It would make the t34 bleed more munitions, have limited up time, or decrease its effective range, and I don't know why that should be the case.

Because with the current mechanism it is too easy to counter AT infantry. The tank simply insta kills the closest infantry. Such a mechanism is broken.

The thread is about making T34/76 arrive earlier, if, then its AI has to be nerfed. Because at the moment T34 is too effective, if it arrives that early. That is what I speak about.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★