Login

russian armor

Pershing Underpowered?

24 May 2019, 16:08 PM

One thing I find really frustrating with Heavy Cavalry commander is the inability to deal with Pak 88s and Arty spam.
Pershing<priest
25 May 2019, 01:02 AM

Permanently Banned
People have lost track of how many "Pershing UP" threads were made. I think the best way to summarize the unit is:

Pros love it for the powerful glass cannon that it is.
Noobs hate it because it's not a Tiger.
25 May 2019, 04:31 AM

Best medium tank in the game

Not heavy
25 May 2019, 13:43 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

The Pershing is the best tank in the game.

There is not a single other tank in the game I would rather have in my army.
25 May 2019, 16:29 PM

Pershing is so freakin god. I do not know why you would bash it. Love it for what it is (infantry terrorizing machine) and not for what you want it to be (tiger).

If you want tanks that can actually take a hit play axis or use IS2
25 May 2019, 22:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

People have lost track of how many "Pershing UP" threads were made. I think the best way to summarize the unit is:

Or

Really great on 1v1
Useless on 4v4
25 May 2019, 22:27 PM

Or

Really great on 1v1
Useless on 4v4

All heavies (excluding heavy TD's) are pretty useless in 4v4.
25 May 2019, 23:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2019, 22:27 PMFarlon

Must be why they are(especially heavy TDs) constantly spammed every single game.
26 May 2019, 01:17 AM

Too expensive,reduce fuel cost to 200 is enough
26 May 2019, 06:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2019, 22:27 PMFarlon

nope heavy TD are still meta and still frustrating for alies espiecially on maps like hill 400
26 May 2019, 08:53 AM

I still see people stalling for Pershing vs double Panzer IV Ostheer. Problem is they lose so much of the map that by the time the Pershing hits the Ostheer is near a Panther.

I think the issue is the same one with rushing a Brummbär in a 1v1. Yeah it’s a great tank, but things go downhill in a hurry if it’s outnumbered.

I think if someone gets a Sherman and Jackson and vets them up before calling in a Pershing, it would work much better for them. This is the case for me and calling in a Tiger, as I always make sure to have a couple tanks near it for support, otherwise it’ll die.
26 May 2019, 08:57 AM

nope heavy TD are still meta and still frustrating for alies espiecially on maps like hill 400

Heavy TDs are the symptom, not the cause. The real illness is that people were bitching for years about open maps because they didn’t fit their “I’ll build a maginot line here and valiantly hold” gameplay delusions that only kinda works on corridor maps. Now team games are left to be played in garbage maps like hill 400, Ettelbruck, Oka River and 4v4 maps like Red Ball and Hamburgh that were designed for 3v3.
26 May 2019, 09:33 AM

I specifically said "excluding heavy TDs" when I said that heavies aren't worth much in bigger modes.
26 May 2019, 10:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2019, 09:33 AMFarlon

I specifically said "excluding heavy TDs" when I said that heavies aren't worth much in bigger modes.
uh ok nevermind
26 May 2019, 10:21 AM

Heavy TDs are the symptom, not the cause. The real illness is that people were bitching for years about open maps because they didn’t fit their “I’ll build a maginot line here and valiantly hold” gameplay delusions that only kinda works on corridor maps. Now team games are left to be played in garbage maps like hill 400, Ettelbruck, Oka River and 4v4 maps like Red Ball and Hamburgh that were designed for 3v3.
i guess best solution for 4v4 is resource income change and maybe pop cap
26 May 2019, 15:48 PM

I still see people stalling for Pershing vs double Panzer IV Ostheer. Problem is they lose so much of the map that by the time the Pershing hits the Ostheer is near a Panther.

I think the issue is the same one with rushing a Brummbär in a 1v1. Yeah it’s a great tank, but things go downhill in a hurry if it’s outnumbered.

I think if someone gets a Sherman and Jackson and vets them up before calling in a Pershing, it would work much better for them. This is the case for me and calling in a Tiger, as I always make sure to have a couple tanks near it for support, otherwise it’ll die.

Delaying for pershing is a very viable tactic though. Unlike stalling for brummbar, pershing can go toe to toe with any armor smaller than panthers and it shreds infantry. Delaying in 1v1 is actually not that hard since you don't have to tech major atm to get the pershing, so it costs literally the same amount as a sherman, and if you've been playing well you should definitely have 12 cp or whatever by the time you have 230 fuel. It gives you a huge shock factor and you can always support your pershing with infantry and team weapons as well; it's not like the thing is totally alone. I'd rather have a pershing than a sherman and jackson, and I'd definitely rather have a pershing than a sherman for 230 fuel.
26 May 2019, 20:05 PM

Delaying for pershing is a very viable tactic though. Unlike stalling for brummbar, pershing can go toe to toe with any armor smaller than panthers and it shreds infantry. Delaying in 1v1 is actually not that hard since you don't have to tech major atm to get the pershing, so it costs literally the same amount as a sherman, and if you've been playing well you should definitely have 12 cp or whatever by the time you have 230 fuel. It gives you a huge shock factor and you can always support your pershing with infantry and team weapons as well; it's not like the thing is totally alone. I'd rather have a pershing than a sherman and jackson, and I'd definitely rather have a pershing than a sherman for 230 fuel.

That's all th saddness of it.

And you can still build a light vehicle for early game presence.
26 May 2019, 23:10 PM

pretty much.

a super durable, mobile heavy tank with jacksons behind it would be a nightmare beyond belief....
11 Jun 2019, 19:18 PM

Imagine the gun of is2
Imagine the speed of panther.

There, you got a Pershing
11 Jun 2019, 19:24 PM

Imagine the gun of is2
Imagine the speed of panther.

There, you got a Pershing

Pershing has a better gun than IS2.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 55