Login

russian armor

Overwatch Flares, rework or remove

1 May 2019, 14:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2019, 14:33 PMLago
Where's 'remove, don't replace?'

Overwatch has six abilities in it. Goliaths and flares should never have been bundled.

I think the sight radius should be reduced so it only shows you five metres around the point.

Then it serves its original purpose as a warning that Goliaths have been selected.

True that.

I even would like to see the howitzer removed to make goliaths and flares independent abilities, since both are pretty good
1 May 2019, 14:37 PM

Radio intercept ends up being your worst enemy now that you (want to) attack 'free' upgrade abilities, because it's far more useful thN the flares implementation, yet you don't complaint about it.

I've already stated why I think the flares are better. Answer my question. Do you think the flares shouldn't be changed? You said l2p first, then you changed your mind. If you're going to argue, at least be consistent

You made this personal a long time ago, so again, stop expecting me to take the high road when you regularly insult me. And stop derailing threads, I know that's probably hard for you

1 May 2019, 14:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2019, 14:33 PMLago
Where's 'remove, don't replace?'

I left an "other" for the sake of not having a million choices. You explained your idea, which I appreciate. I wouldn't mind being gone either, but I find that people usually prefer reworks over removal
1 May 2019, 14:50 PM

I left an "other" for the sake of not having a million choices. You explained your idea, which I appreciate. I wouldn't mind being gone either, but I find that people usually prefer reworks over removal

And they're wrong.

The difference between an amateur designer and a professional is a professional will cut things that don't serve the whole.

The Commander Revamp Patch was very promising when it cut a load of stuff to make way for the new.

Then, at the request of the community, it went and rammed it all back in at the last minute, creating the current Mechanized and Overwatch commandrs.
1 May 2019, 14:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2019, 14:50 PMLago

And they're wrong.

The difference between an amateur designer and a professional is a professional will cut things that don't serve the whole.

The Commander Revamp Patch was very promising when it cut a load of stuff to make way for the new.

Then it went and rammed it all back in at the last minute, creating the current Mechanized and Overwatch commandrs.

That's a fair take, I don't disagree
1 May 2019, 14:58 PM

Problem with the radio intercept comparison is

1. It's not bundled with Goliath's

2. It's not more powerful the larger the teamgame.

All it takes is one overwatch player in 4vs4 and Axis can light up any capped sector like the fourth of July. And there's no micro or cost involved
1 May 2019, 15:00 PM

All it takes is one overwatch player in 4vs4 and Axis can light up any capped sector like the fourth of July. And there's no micro or cost involved

I'm fairly sure it only applies to the points you personally cap in teamgames.
1 May 2019, 15:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2019, 15:00 PMLago

I'm fairly sure it only applies to the points you personally cap in teamgames.

I can confirm this.
1 May 2019, 16:31 PM

Yeah the ability is actually weaker in team games. It's stronger in 1v1s, where every point you control is auto-armed the moment you select the Commander.
1 May 2019, 16:31 PM

Snip, accident 2x post
1 May 2019, 16:54 PM

Regardless of who wins the slapping fight, if they do stay, can we please fix their bugged implementation which was already covered but I'll repeat just to add another voice supporting the fix:

Causes red cover to form
Voice over cue implying people are getting shot
Forces infantry to walk away from the center, possibly no longer capping it

Does it count it as an actual artillery hit?
1 May 2019, 17:10 PM

*humm humm... (puts highly pitched voice)
I'm GoInG to eXaGeRaTe ThiNgS sO mUcH iT wOnT bE STupID aT AlL.

Now, next time you want to 'bundle' commanders abilities of different factions do it in a notepad and close it without saving.

Every territory captured by OW commander is trapped with a flare.
But alliebabies tend to not play axis enough to know that
1 May 2019, 17:14 PM

Yeah the ability is actually weaker in team games. It's stronger in 1v1s, where every point you control is auto-armed the moment you select the Commander.

So does radio intercept :bananadance:

I'll do us a favour. Say what you want without rodeos. OKM ow flares are not op, but the commander could use a nerf imo
1 May 2019, 17:17 PM

Make it similar to booby trap that requires a set up or increase the arming time as Vipper said should be fine after either of those.
1 May 2019, 18:19 PM

Say what you want without rodeos. OKM ow flares are not op, but the commander could use a nerf imo

I have already told you multiple times. I do not even know why you're still posting here. You just like trolling I guess
2 May 2019, 03:41 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I don't agree on-map recon is always more useful. Radio Intercept provides invaluable intel that overwatch flares wouldn't be able to:

- Knowing a countersniper is on the field.
- Knowing your opponent has skipped a certain tech building / chose med or mech.
- Knowing how many tellers have been made.
- Figure out which doctrine your opponent went (doctrinal units).

Again, not saying Radio Intercept should be changed in any way, just that the main problem with overwatch flares is not their strength, but their implementation.

It was "fixed" in one patch and then returned to stay. Does it still tell you the location by pressing the spacebar?
2 May 2019, 10:00 AM

One small change could be that points you capped BEFORE you picked the commander wouldn't get flares on them, you'd actually had to pick commander before point you capped gain flares
2 May 2019, 10:52 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

I dont know if anyone mentioned this in this thread, but this ability is currently bugged. (shoutout to tobis for finding it months ago, here is the thread with a video).

The bug is once the flares are activated, it applies negative (red) cover around the point, for the REST OF THE GAME. It is never removed, and it is always there, forever.

Also I do believe having a small munitions cost for volks/sturms should be implemented, its the same thing for soviets... but perhaps it should be a bit stronger because it is a doctrinal ability vs the non-doc ability of soviets that also deals damage.

Perhaps after planting the flare, and it going off, it captures slightly slower? It would fit the theme of "overwatch" in a way I suppose, and would give a choice between upgrading units/mines vs the utility of the ability.

Would like to see a little more variety and an increase in the skill ceiling for free LOS and information, not entirely sure what that would look like. Either way, ability is bugged, and needs fixed regardless.
2 May 2019, 16:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2019, 10:52 AMTric
I dont know if anyone mentioned this in this thread, but this ability is currently bugged. (shoutout to tobis for finding it months ago, here is the thread with a video).

The bug is once the flares are activated, it applies negative (red) cover around the point, for the REST OF THE GAME. It is never removed, and it is always there, forever.

Also I do believe having a small munitions cost for volks/sturms should be implemented, its the same thing for soviets... but perhaps it should be a bit stronger because it is a doctrinal ability vs the non-doc ability of soviets that also deals damage.

Perhaps after planting the flare, and it going off, it captures slightly slower? It would fit the theme of "overwatch" in a way I suppose, and would give a choice between upgrading units/mines vs the utility of the ability.

Would like to see a little more variety and an increase in the skill ceiling for free LOS and information, not entirely sure what that would look like. Either way, ability is bugged, and needs fixed regardless.

nobody is going to waste munitions on overwatch flares.

Though i do agree free abilities like this and radio intercept might need some modification, but rn its really a minor issue and not broken like the op is making it seem like
2 May 2019, 17:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2019, 10:52 AMTric

This should be fixed when the New Commanders Patch goes live.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★