Login

russian armor

Walking Stuka consistency issue

22 Apr 2019, 04:20 AM

When it comes to 'consistency' of stock mobile indirect fire, katy>>>Walking Stuka in all formats of this game. Main reason being katy can bombard a single point (like VPs & fuels point) in repeated succession. While Stuka's single straight line of barrages are awfully consistent in terms of accuracy and more importantly timing.

Potential fix:

Fires katy-like barrage at a single point but limited to 3-4 bombs per barrage, but compensates with a bit quicker reload time. From 110 sec to 50 sec.

And, the straight line barrage can be give a role of special ability, that can used for 50 muni.

This change will improve wstuka's chances of being more consistent over time and make it worth getting. Even historically, wstukas are not know to barrage all of its bombs in one go and are know for it's accuracy to land atleast 1-2 bombs at a time on its targets.

UPDATE 1:
From what you guys have suggested and raised concerns,

Reload time from 110s to 60/70s, and
Range boost equivalent to katy, since it now can only fire 3~4 bombs per barrage in a circle scatter shape (similar to katy).
22 Apr 2019, 06:21 AM

I just hate soviets so i agree
22 Apr 2019, 08:58 AM

I just hate soviets so i agree

Well, I like all the factions and like to play each of them using their biggest strengths, and for soviets, their Katys are one of their biggest strengths! But not crazy OP thou...
22 Apr 2019, 10:07 AM

I've always thought it should get a 2x3 barrage as a veteran ability. This would reward experience with a more useful barrage pattern.
22 Apr 2019, 15:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2019, 04:20 AMVIGNASH

but compensates with a bit quicker reload time. From 110 sec to 50 sec.

I don't dislike your idea until this part. That's way too often for it to fire. Maybe something like 80-90 seconds, but those rockets are still the strongest individually.

A single stuka rocket has a much better chance of wiping full health squads than all the others. If you can fire that every 50 seconds it will be too strong in my opinion
22 Apr 2019, 17:31 PM

The walking already does 7 'whoosh'-sounds and only firing 6 rockets. No consistency indeed...
22 Apr 2019, 17:38 PM

Isnt it kinda weird to say that the stuka has inconsistent accuracy? I mean, it's the only artillery piece in the game that gets 0 scatter penalties in the fog of war or if you fire on max range. The rockets always land where you click.

The unit is lackluster vs mobile targets but obnoxiously overpowered vs team weapons tbh.
22 Apr 2019, 17:40 PM

Isnt it kinda weird to say that the stuka has inconsistent accuracy? I mean, it's the only artillery piece in the game that gets 0 scatter penalties in the fog of war or if you fire on max range. The rockets always land where you click.

The unit is lackluster vs mobile targets but obnoxiously overpowered vs team weapons tbh.

Exactly.

It needs circular barrage with scatter.
22 Apr 2019, 17:43 PM

Just use OKW plentiful source of maphacks and aim PRECISELY where you want to wipe things.
22 Apr 2019, 18:44 PM

Walking Stuka consistency issue?
Like what?
That its too consistent?

Its the only rocket arty in the whole game, where you ALWAYS KNOW where your barrage will actually land and that's REGARDLESS of range.

The only better and more accurate arty is close range used panzerwerfer.
22 Apr 2019, 19:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2019, 08:58 AMVIGNASH

Well, I like all the factions and like to play each of them using their biggest strengths, and for soviets, their Katys are one of their biggest strengths! But not crazy OP thou...
i just hate the faction irl and in the game.In the game they just broken penals into guards hit the dirt then t70 power bomb or MG spam into AT into shock troops t 70 power bomb again
22 Apr 2019, 20:20 PM

I don't dislike your idea until this part. That's way too often for it to fire. Maybe something like 80-90 seconds, but those rockets are still the strongest individually.

A single stuka rocket has a much better chance of wiping full health squads than all the others. If you can fire that every 50 seconds it will be too strong in my opinion

Wstuka only fires 6 rockets, but they have much better chance to get a wipe, on the other side a single Katy gets the triple of wipes, how could that be possible? Maybe it's because the issue is within quantity over quality. You should know that already. Maybe not? Why am I asking this?
22 Apr 2019, 20:45 PM

Something sure should change
This rocket arty is just badly designed
First they removed precision strike from Soviets, because it was BS and then they added this "six precision strikes in a line" BS

I´d like to see the flamer barrage (without ammo cost) by default. It would be unique, very consistent, but not too wipey, unless on sits in it for 4+ secs or moves a -10% HP squad trough it

Another option would be the mentioned circle barrage, even if that still feels a bit too much "miss or wipe"
22 Apr 2019, 20:47 PM

I'd rather we gave it a howitzer profile, range and salvo rate so the OKW can have an SPG and not a line drawing AT gun remover.

But that's just me.
22 Apr 2019, 21:25 PM

I'd rather we gave it a howitzer profile, range and salvo rate so the OKW can have an SPG and not a line drawing AT gun remover.

But that's just me.

That's also a great idea.
I would totally trade faster rockets (they are far slower than any arty atm) for bigger cooldown between rockets and circle scatter.
22 Apr 2019, 22:16 PM

Wstuka only fires 6 rockets, but they have much better chance to get a wipe, on the other side a single Katy gets the triple of wipes, how could that be possible? Maybe it's because the issue is within quantity over quality. You should know that already. Maybe not? Why am I asking this?

How long do you think the cooldown should be in the OPs scenario. Do you believe 50 seconds is an acceptable cooldown time? Stuka rockets being fired less than every minute?

I don't really care about anything else you say, cause that was my central point. But as usual you quoted me without even mentioning the main thing I was talking about.

Btw, the "triple wiping" katy has a recharge time of 110 seconds. So please go ahead and tell me why you think 50 seconds is acceptable for walking stuka
23 Apr 2019, 02:00 AM

How long do you think the cooldown should be in the OPs scenario. Do you believe 50 seconds is an acceptable cooldown time? Stuka rockets being fired less than every minute?

I don't really care about anything else you say, cause that was my central point. But as usual you quoted me without even mentioning the main thing I was talking about.

Btw, the "triple wiping" katy has a recharge time of 110 seconds. So please go ahead and tell me why you think 50 seconds is acceptable for walking stuka

Wstukas "having more wiping potential" was an inaccurate and misleading fact. There is no background information neither other prupose to put the '50 seconds its too low CD' argument into scheme.

I would say 50 can be pretty fine as for Wstuka will loose its pinpoint acc and now you have to praise RNGesus to dead hit a squad to get a wipe. Simply put as B4 of SU is pretty 'luck favoured' for firing one shot with massive damage, Wstuka will become similar, being extremely fragile, less reliable as it is now and also still expensive, with the extra disadvantage that OKM cant allow itself to have a "meme rocket arty" as other factions may do so. So 50 Sc CD its pretty fine. Now you tell me why is not OK, without using "its OP" in the elaboration, i dare you.
23 Apr 2019, 07:38 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Wstukas "having more wiping potential" was an inaccurate and misleading fact. There is no background information neither other prupose to put the '50 seconds its too low CD' argument into scheme.

I would say 50 can be pretty fine as for Wstuka will loose its pinpoint acc and now you have to praise RNGesus to dead hit a squad to get a wipe. Simply put as B4 of SU is pretty 'luck favoured' for firing one shot with massive damage, Wstuka will become similar, being extremely fragile, less reliable as it is now and also still expensive, with the extra disadvantage that OKM cant allow itself to have a "meme rocket arty" as other factions may do so. So 50 Sc CD its pretty fine. Now you tell me why is not OK, without using "its OP" in the elaboration, i dare you.

Background is: there is a good reason why we moved from 50s cd units by basically doubling the cd on all artillery pieces.
Because 50s vet 0 without counting bulletins is stupid, specially when it the earliest artillery to arrive in the game. It might not break 1v1 but it would definitely be an issue on 2v2 and above.

IIRC (and cause i can't access modtool atm) the vet on Stuka hasn't change so it should be getting the usual 40% ± with vet which would put it at around 30s.

On the other hand, i wouldn't mind if they moved the flame barrage to vet 0 and give it a low muni cost and a reduced cooldown.
23 Apr 2019, 11:00 AM

Now you tell me why is not OK, without using "its OP" in the elaboration, i dare you.

You do realize "OPs scenario" meant Original Poster's scenario, right? I literally said it's cooldown could be reduced, just not by that much. Somehow in your world that = "stuka op pls nerf"

As for why 50 is too often, elchino beat me to it. Besides the fact that it's "stupid" as he said, there's this:

IIRC (and cause i can't access modtool atm) the vet on Stuka hasn't change so it should be getting the usual 40% ± with vet which would put it at around 30s.

Simply put as B4 of SU is pretty 'luck favoured' for firing one shot with massive damage, Wstuka will become similar, being extremely fragile,

LOVE how you brought up the b4. A unit nobody uses except in team games and it either does absolutely nothing or it swings the entire game. Yes let's make more units like that one

23 Apr 2019, 17:36 PM

Kids, dont look, this is going to be a massacre... I warned you!

You do realize "OPs scenario" meant Original Poster's scenario, right? I literally said it's cooldown could be reduced, just not by that much. Somehow in your world that = "stuka op pls nerf"

GJ trying to dodge that bullet, playing retard. "stuka op pls nerf" what does that op mean? Whoops it seems you do understand the difference and actually you do think Wstukas are OverPowered (OP If you still dont get the point) and want to slice in a ninja nerf, making Wstukas innacurate and unreliable slow firing CD.

As for why 50 is too often, elchino beat me to it. Besides the fact that it's "stupid" as he said, there's this:

Im still waiting the answer from YOU since you started this quote wrestling posting innacurate information, elchino gave an excelent example on how to do it. Now's your turn.
Elchino never said that word, first. Second the word "stupid" could only reflect your way of understanding game mechanics, but its not a concrete description for anyone to use, unless they are as biased as you.
If you cant elaborate, as you didnt, then dont even bother quoting me again.

LOVE how you brought up the b4. A unit nobody uses except in team games and it either does absolutely nothing or it swings the entire game. Yes let's make more units like that one

Actually B4 is the best example of how you pretend to ninja nerf Wstukas and i wont allow it. No faction should be nerfed because L2P issues.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS