Login

russian armor

Soviet buffs/adjustments

15 Apr 2019, 12:23 PM

Price reduction = spam

Take katitof advice: either DPS or suppression. Both equally good. If you consider maxims vet1 ability a DPS increase could be better for sinergy pruposes.

Cons needing a buff is something people have been saying quite a lot lately.

If both were to happen, buff cons+maxims and nerf T70 a little, SU will get a lot of diversity in opening and midgame strats.
I would consider M5 HT Quad buffs too

A lot of people are demanding for Grenadier to be buffed to 5 man.
This is the ideal opportunity to buff conscript and Maxims by 20%.
Balance re-established.

Then they demand for them to gain a 6th and an 8th man with veterancy.
Then it's an opportunity for more allied infantry buffs.

Otherwise, would larger than allied squads make sense?
It's surprising, already, that OKW has 5-6 man squads as they represent Germany
when they were at their most acute manpower shortage.
15 Apr 2019, 16:33 PM

Whether you be trolling or not, balancing factions and units are completely different concepts. SU is not even close to UP, but cons are, instead grens are ok but OH is struggling hard on 1v1s.
15 Apr 2019, 16:53 PM

Whether you be trolling or not, balancing factions and units are completely different concepts. SU is not even close to UP, but cons are, instead grens are ok but OH is struggling hard on 1v1s.

OH is like a house of cards, pull something out and it's just a huge shit show. But SU can bounce back due to its low costs.
15 Apr 2019, 18:01 PM

A lot of people are demanding for Grenadier to be buffed to 5 man.
This is the ideal opportunity to buff conscript and Maxims by 20%.
Balance re-established.

Then they demand for them to gain a 6th and an 8th man with veterancy.
Then it's an opportunity for more allied infantry buffs.

Otherwise, would larger than allied squads make sense?
It's surprising, already, that OKW has 5-6 man squads as they represent Germany
when they were at their most acute manpower shortage.
that's a different thing, people demand a 5th man for gren just for removal of random wipe, a reduced damage (like 0.95) would work as well

cons need a late game weapon upgrade i suggest 3 guard rifles at tier 4 unlock (60 mun)

vicker and maxim both need a 15-20% increased supression
15 Apr 2019, 20:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2019, 16:53 PMKharn

But SU can bounce back due to its low costs.

What low costs are you talking about?
All soviet meta units are equally expensive or more expensive then equivalents from other factions, T34/76 being a sole exception.
15 Apr 2019, 22:32 PM

Permanently Banned
Yes, somehow make cons/maxim viable. I'm tired of seeing penals and scoutcars.
16 Apr 2019, 20:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2019, 11:59 AMKatitof

Penals do both, much better and still can fight on their own, at all stages of the game.

Having a cripple on a wheelchair instead of him lying on the floor, making him pay for wheelchair first still means you have a cripple that needs to get carried all the time.

This is much better than your car tire analogy. Actually lol'd at my desk giving away I'm not actually working.
16 Apr 2019, 21:18 PM

Question to those here.

I used to love using su-76 pre-nerf, but now never build one unless I'm absolutely desperate for some kind of AT and do not have tier-2 up (aka, I'm already losing).

Do you use su-76 anymore _regularly_? Not every 10 games, not very rarely, I mean with any regularity.

My guess is no one uses it anymore, as I don't see others use it either.

16 Apr 2019, 21:23 PM

SU-76 is not enough of a TD and too much of muni strain to build it over standard ZiS3 + SU-85, even if you're in a pinch, its better to wait for 85 then build 76. Barrage nerf is what killed it.
16 Apr 2019, 23:16 PM

Free barrage was all I used it for as well (and to counter FHT) =(
17 Apr 2019, 02:02 AM

Either SU85 come too early or SU76 are not worth their price. I wouldnt mind lowering its FU cost since they are so fragile.
Its a fast mobile zis imo
17 Apr 2019, 04:21 AM

I'd rather bump it's damage up to 160 and see what that looks like than making them cheap shitty spam units,seeimg how well that works for conscripts and maxims...
17 Apr 2019, 06:06 AM

But cons spam had one thing that SU76 will never have, its a (!) button that saves them and gives them another chance to fight.
SU76 can retreat but is not as reliable and fuel cost limit spammability a lot.
17 Apr 2019, 10:27 AM

While im all for cons to get a late game adjustment (and to be honest, the svts would have been the go). I realized upon trying the new commanders that the not one step back commander can be used and since other commander adjustments, hes really messed up.

Im mentioning this because the hold the line defence bonus in the commander seems to permanently effect units within there territory and as soon as they crossed into neutral/enemy, turns off.

Thinking if some universal defence buff to conscripts being within their own territory (as seen in the unused commander) would be ideal as this would not apply to them outside friendly territory which would help punish conscript blob advances.
17 Apr 2019, 14:08 PM

But cons spam had one thing that SU76 will never have, its a (!) button that saves them and gives them another chance to fight.
SU76 can retreat but is not as reliable and fuel cost limit spammability a lot.

None of that stopped the spam when they were over performing. Making them cheaper means you can start a massing earlier and they still have utility in the barrage. It's not a risk I'd want to take because you know what follows a Soviet unit that gets used alot? Performance gutting nerfs that there is no coming back from for years to come.
17 Apr 2019, 20:36 PM

Conscript need a buff - I say they are the weakest mainline infantry in the game with no global upgrades.
17 Apr 2019, 21:06 PM

So I don't want to start a new thread just for this, but it is somewhat off-topic.

What's the deal with AT satchels on a tank and crush = insta explode? Is that intentional or just a bug that was never fixed?
17 Apr 2019, 21:10 PM

So I don't want to start a new thread just for this, but it is somewhat off-topic.

What's the deal with AT satchels on a tank and crush = insta explode? Is that intentional or just a bug that was never fixed?

All "AT nades" work this way to avoid driving over the squad to avoid "AT nade".
17 Apr 2019, 21:17 PM

The satchel's timer creates some... uhh... emergent qualities then.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★