Login

russian armor

Kubel Upgrades

Kubel self-repair?
Option Distribution Votes
47%
53%
Kubel accurate fire on the move for chasing snipers?
67%
33%
Kubel combat blitz?
48%
52%
Total votes: 98
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
10 Apr 2019, 13:47 PM

A few ideas on changes to the Kubelwagen to make it a more relevant unit.

A key thing to remember when changing the Kubel is you don't want to make OKW's early game rush even stronger: Kubel changes should expand options rather than reduce them.

• Self Repair
    A cheap self-repair ability with a munitions cost like the UC has. It allows a damaged Kubel to heal up, letting it operate away from the army for longer.

• Accurate Fire On The Move
    Allows the Kubel to chase down and kill snipers, giving OKW a sniper counter without Elite Armour.

• Combat Blitz
    Unlocked with Veterancy, and another way to increase the Kubel's survivability. Also helps it as a sniper counter.
10 Apr 2019, 14:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2019, 13:47 PMLago
  • Self Repair
    A cheap self-repair ability with a munitions cost like the UC has. It allows a damaged Kubel to heal up, letting it operate away from the army for longer.

• Accurate Fire On The Move
    Allows the Kubel to chase down and kill snipers, giving OKW a sniper counter without Elite Armour.

• Combat Blitz
    Unlocked with Veterancy, and another way to increase the Kubel's survivability. Also helps it as a sniper counter.

Self repair is already in its vet

Accuracy buffs on the move wouldn't be a big deal but sure

No need to make more warp speed units

It needs shared vet so it can shine as a light support vehicle, not some huge overhaul.
10 Apr 2019, 14:09 PM

Give it mine detector ability like the CoH1 Kettenkrad, shared veterancy and call it a day.
10 Apr 2019, 14:12 PM

Give it mine detector ability like the CoH1 Kettenkrad, shared veterancy and call it a day.

Take away the gun and it can detect mines.
Plus, funny you've mentioned ketten, an extremely fragile, menpower only, very cheap capping vehicle which was useful for the purpose of capping and scouting alone.
10 Apr 2019, 14:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2019, 14:12 PMKatitof

Take away the gun and it can detect mines.
Plus, funny you've mentioned ketten, an extremely fragile, menpower only, very cheap capping vehicle which was useful for the purpose of capping and scouting alone.

and laying those sweet booby traps with scorched earth doctrine :foreveralone:
10 Apr 2019, 14:19 PM

and laying those sweet booby traps with scorched earth doctrine :foreveralone:

Fun times, never ever anyone felt for them, but they were there.
10 Apr 2019, 14:21 PM

Btw I think Kubel should get a mine detector cuz OKW has the most expensive pioneers. A single sturm just cant compete if your enemy is a mine spammer
10 Apr 2019, 15:53 PM

Imo accuracy on the move should brought in line with other units.

But actually it is more that other vehicles like the m3 that should have their DPS reduced than Kubel that needs buff.

Wipes on retreating infatry should not be available this early in the game.

The effectiveness vs sniper can be achieved with modifier similar to what has been tested to other vehicles.
10 Apr 2019, 16:08 PM

IMO it also needs 7.5 speed (currently has 7) so it can't chased down by the M3 Scout Car (7.3 speed) and a bit better traverse (from 40 to 50-60) because it's clumsy as hell for such a light vehicle.
10 Apr 2019, 19:59 PM

I'm honestly a huge fan of how 250 car I think it's called? German infantry doctrine, you can lock down an area, it uses a little MG to suppress units after it sets up for awhile. That could be a neat way to re-incorprate it as an MG platform. It's still quite a fragile unit, nowhere near what it was ages ago when it had an active MG. But the kubel would need to setup, which takes like 5 seconds or more at least and then it gets to start firing. If it gets flanked, its basically dead as the kubel has garbage armor and no hp. But that'd give it something at least.
10 Apr 2019, 20:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Btw I think Kubel should get a mine detector cuz OKW has the most expensive pioneers. A single sturm just cant compete if your enemy is a mine spammer

TBH, i could see this been an option.

But i'll start first with other options.

1- Make it so it gains shared veterancy and see where the unit lands when it can use vet2-5.

2- If it still needs love, maybe rework the maphax into an extended cone vision, disabled weapons, no minimap spotting but mine detector.

3- Last resort, less DPS drop off on the move.
10 Apr 2019, 20:33 PM

Because kubel has never had effective AI... Oh wait

Buffing the gun isn't the answer. Simply remove the gun and give it camo when stationary for 5sec or so. The last thing OKW need is more early-mid game firepower with how well volk spam and their light vehicles work.

11 Apr 2019, 00:30 AM

Because kubel has never had effective AI... Oh wait

Buffing the gun isn't the answer. Simply remove the gun and give it camo when stationary for 5sec or so. The last thing OKW need is more early-mid game firepower with how well volk spam and their light vehicles work.

The idea behind buffing kubel is to give other options to OKM players instead of spamming volks, but GJ missing the point.
To Make kubels gunless and camo when stationary, like a totally useless "buff" (ninja nerf). Im not liking that idea tho
11 Apr 2019, 00:47 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

I think the idea behind this is good, as to relieve the sturmpios as your only sweeper, but wouldn't this make the kubel immune to mines as well? Vehicle can't be hit by mines seems a bit counterintuitive. Also could it clear the mines? or just detect them and then you'd need the sturm to go clear them?
11 Apr 2019, 00:56 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

I partially agree with ShadowLink. Also, I think OKW is usually fine about getting sweepers since sturmpioneers can put them away and get increased repair speed with the upgrade. It's more cost prohibitive to get double sweepers as OKW, but I think that's okay. Shared vet, increased speed, and maybe another utility ability would be nice.
11 Apr 2019, 06:47 AM

I partially agree with ShadowLink. Also, I think OKW is usually fine about getting sweepers since sturmpioneers can put them away and get increased repair speed with the upgrade. It's more cost prohibitive to get double sweepers as OKW, but I think that's okay. Shared vet, increased speed, and maybe another utility ability would be nice.

I agree with what it should get. Those need to be fixed. OKW has already Sturmpio minesweeper, so that is fine as it is.

Improving Kubels default accuracy should be too also since it is worse than UC base accuracy. UC has access to upgrades to boost their accuracy and damage. Even supression and more.

Also due to the fact it is weaker, so having more accuracy should not be a problem.

So it would therefore not be an issue and be justified in making it have at least better accuracy then UC by default. To make it supportive than just within 5 minute mark. Guess that is all it needs then.

Increase Kubels price to 230 manpower or leave it as it is. Fine with either way!.
11 Apr 2019, 09:35 AM

I think the idea behind this is good, as to relieve the sturmpios as your only sweeper, but wouldn't this make the kubel immune to mines as well? Vehicle can't be hit by mines seems a bit counterintuitive. Also could it clear the mines? or just detect them and then you'd need the sturm to go clear them?

Just detect them but no clearing
11 Apr 2019, 10:44 AM

A King Tiger rolling over a mine because a Sturmpioneer's stood next to it is also counterintuitive.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS