Login

russian armor

I hear the new patches have made western allies op?

PAGES (9)down
9 Apr 2019, 15:31 PM

Finnaly someone use bliztkrieg not only for run
10 Apr 2019, 14:02 PM

Permanently Banned

Which game are you playing?
Jaegers got cost increase and huge cooldown and come at CP1. The unit is no balance problem anymore, its a good example of how to deal with an over performing unit.
Pathfinders on the other side dont need weapon upgrade,arrive at 0CP and dont have a big cooldown. Both units should complement main line infantry and not replace it. You barely see games in which Overwatch players have 2 JAegers now.
If i face USF airborne in teamgames the dude on the other side starts with 3 Pathfinders thats the difference.
Edit:
Allied players rightfully complain about the >commando panther call-in bullshit. I would like to know why call-in infantry bull shit is more acceptable.

Jägers are NOT okay as someone pointed out. Pathfinders got a cost increase and cooldown too (atleast recon ones did) and are inferior so they come at whopping 1 cp earlier. Whoopsie doo. U still see a lot of JLI spam in team games especially because their performance was NOT nerfed and because OVERWATCH is a problematic doctrine (isnt the planes still cheaper and better than what brits get ?).

And i never defended the call in bullshit of allies. I hate what USF has become with all the call-in cheese but it goes deeper than the units being good.
10 Apr 2019, 15:58 PM

and because OVERWATCH is a problematic doctrine

And i never defended the call in bullshit of allies. I hate what USF has become with all the call-in cheese but it goes deeper than the units being good.

Thats where we agree and why i suggested to take out the leFH from Overwatch and use the free commander spot on the Goliath.
10 Apr 2019, 17:42 PM

The guy ranting about the Bazooka Bus, are we gonna ignore the first game where he lost terrible to Dual Luchs?
You kinda go for cheesy counterstrats to cheesy units.
12 Apr 2019, 00:01 AM

Wehr is not in a good state at all not to mention how over performing the Soviets and especially the Brits still are.
12 Apr 2019, 03:51 AM

They are already OP before the patch. Maybe there are OP-er haha
12 Apr 2019, 06:06 AM

In 2v2 it´s not just an Ostheer problem even though I agree Ostheer is even worse than OKW. Soviets are fine and balanced IMO, despite the buffs to KV8, KV2, Shocks and M42s.

USF just got buffed through the roof by the tech and commander changes. I agree USF was UP before the last commander patch but now they are too good.

Pak Howi, 50 cal, Jackson and WC51 should not be as good as they are just compared to any comparable unit across all factions.

Then there is the problematic Airborne/Recon Support meta. In high level automatch 2v2s you will see these doctrines in 80% of games and I am personally sick of it to the point of not even wanting to play either Axis faction.

UKF is also too strong after getting easier access to a snare and buffed Sexton, Valentine and Crocodile.

Give me alternative ways and tools (for early-mid game) to deal with :
a. massive infantry blobs
b. bunker spam
c. machine gun spam

and now give me an alternative (for late game) to deal with :
a. 80% possibility to get ran over with mediums while my Jacksons can't bounce a single shot
b. a way to deal with the moving fortresses called Axis heavy tanks
c. and finally a dedicated heavy tank/brawler for USF

Also teach us how to use telepathy to immobilize enemy tanks as UKF without snares.

Jackson is a glass cannon, meaning that you can even use infantry to take it down.
Pak Howitzer is inconsistent, .50 cal is fine as it is, besides, it doesn't pin infantry in time, so you can take it down frontally, and WC-51 is a doctrinal vehicle that needs munitions to get a machine gun, and its job is to put some more pressure in the early stage of the game. Also, the same way you can shoot and damage a vehicle smaller than an APC, the exact same way you can damage this little thing.
12 Apr 2019, 07:47 AM

Give me alternative ways and tools (for early-mid game) to deal with :
a. massive infantry blobs
b. bunker spam
c. machine gun spam

and now give me an alternative (for late game) to deal with :
a. 80% possibility to get ran over with mediums while my Jacksons can't bounce a single shot
b. a way to deal with the moving fortresses called Axis heavy tanks
c. and finally a dedicated heavy tank/brawler for USF

Also teach us how to use telepathy to immobilize enemy tanks as UKF without snares.

Jackson is a glass cannon, meaning that you can even use infantry to take it down.
Pak Howitzer is inconsistent, .50 cal is fine as it is, besides, it doesn't pin infantry in time, so you can take it down frontally, and WC-51 is a doctrinal vehicle that needs munitions to get a machine gun, and its job is to put some more pressure in the early stage of the game. Also, the same way you can shoot and damage a vehicle smaller than an APC, the exact same way you can damage this little thing.

You need to update your game mate. The pak howi is a monster, UKF have a snare and the Jackson is probably the most survivable allied TD due to having all the tools to survive having below average health but... Not having below average health.
ddd
12 Apr 2019, 08:03 AM

You need to update your game mate. The pak howi is a monster, UKF have a snare and the Jackson is probably the most survivable allied TD due to having all the tools to survive having below average health but... Not having below average health.

What tools to survive does jackson have? It has no armor and no defensive abilities.
12 Apr 2019, 08:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2019, 08:03 AMddd

What tools to survive does jackson have? It has no armor and no defensive abilities.

[sarcasm]Giving turrets to allied vehicles is OP[/sarcasm]
12 Apr 2019, 08:30 AM

I'm playing regularly, and to be honest, Jackson is survivable thanks to its mobility. And seriously, even a medium tank rush from the Axis side is enough to take them down. For the pak howi, yeah, i agree, it is good, but sometimes that i want it to do the job, it kinda f*cks it up.
12 Apr 2019, 08:37 AM

.50 cal is fine as it is, besides, it doesn't pin infantry in time, so you can take it down frontally

The M2HB has the fastest suppression time in the game, 0.74 seconds to suppress a squad at medium range IIRC.
12 Apr 2019, 08:48 AM

The M2HB has the fastest suppression time in the game, 0.74 seconds to suppress a squad at medium range IIRC.

It and the Vickers share a problem in that they do too much damage. Regularly they will focus on a model, that model will die and all the suppression accrued on it counts for nothing. The gun then has to re-aim and, by the time the next model starts eating lead, the squad has killed the gunner or thrown a grenade.
12 Apr 2019, 08:55 AM

It's weird because in a game i played yesterday my .50 cal couldn't control 3 volks and a JLI squad. Also, the squads mentioned made it to kill a model. If i hadn't brought my infantry as active defense i would have lost that machine gun. Meanwhile, the MG-42 can simply aim, fire 2 bursts and pin 3 infantry squads without any problem. And if your opponent is trying to flank you, it will quickly transition between targets and pin both. The other MGs don't have that fast reaction to transitioning between targets.
12 Apr 2019, 08:56 AM

It and the Vickers share a problem in that they do too much damage. Regularly they will focus on a model, that model will die and all the suppression accrued on it counts for nothing. The gun then has to re-aim and, by the time the next model starts eating lead, the squad has killed the gunner or thrown a grenade.

Actually, they do too little suppression.
Their DPS is comparable to HMG42 and nowhere near HMG42 on incendiary rounds(which also suppresses in 1 burst).
12 Apr 2019, 09:17 AM

It and the Vickers share a problem in that they do too much damage. Regularly they will focus on a model, that model will die and all the suppression accrued on it counts for nothing.

Actually, the M2HB has less DPS than the HMG 42, so that shouldn't be a problem for it.

At ranges 10/20/35

M2HB has 25.92/17.235/8.015 DPS
MG42 has 27.67/18.401/10.077 DPS

Since it deals faster suppression than the HMG 42 (0.74s vs 1.042s at mid range) the effective DPS would be even lower.

12 Apr 2019, 09:49 AM

Actually, the M2HB has less DPS than the HMG 42, so that shouldn't be a problem for it.

At ranges 10/20/35

M2HB has 25.92/17.235/8.015 DPS
MG42 has 27.67/18.401/10.077 DPS

Since it deals faster suppression than the HMG 42 (0.74s vs 1.042s at mid range) the effective DPS would be even lower.

I was always under the impression, though it could be wrong, that the 42 spread the damage across the squad while the others focused a model. At least burst by burst.

Could be wrong. It's one I never looked into too much, to be honest, but I do entirely anecdotally get frustrated with bursts not suppreasing with the vickers more than the MG42
12 Apr 2019, 09:55 AM

From what I know, the reason the Vickers is so good at killing and bad at suppressing is because it has relatively low suppression values per bullet while having high DPS (slightly more than M2HB and HMG 42), so its burst will deal more damage because the suppression damage reduction kicks in later.

The HMG 42 and the M2HB have much higher suppression per bullet so the suppression should kick in just before they get to kill a model.
12 Apr 2019, 10:11 AM

I think if the UP units in the EFA (PGrens/ostwind/stug for Ost, Cons/maxim/su76 for Sov) then they will be in line with WFA and UKF. All of The WFA and UKF units seem to have a place and fits role well while things like the ostwind feel like their role is redundant or aren’t performing their role well such as the maxim and cons.

However I think this says a lot about how well the balance has come along. We no longer need massive faction altering changes to make a faction function properly. Just a couple units that need a little help.
12 Apr 2019, 11:52 AM

I think there's a little more to do than that. The OKW-Soviet matchup needs looking at for a start. The Clown Car is far too game-defining right now. SOV needs to be able to do better without it and OKW needs to get less rekt if they fail to rak it or bait it over a mine in the first couple of minutes.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 10
unknown 3
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %