Login

russian armor

I hear the new patches have made western allies op?

PAGES (9)down
9 Apr 2019, 04:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2019, 04:11 AMNaOCl

Humorous

Care to elaborate?
9 Apr 2019, 05:57 AM

Care to elaborate?

Yeah, so off base that it's funny.
9 Apr 2019, 06:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2019, 05:57 AMNaOCl

Yeah, so off base that it's funny.

Did JLI lose their camo, ability to SPRINT or LOS that allow them to pick and chose what fights they want? Do they no longer have a 50% accuracy bonus when attacking from cover ensuring they can get reliable damage out which makes the 70% crit more likley to proc? I'm not sure where you are coming from, I don't think you do either as shown by your reluctance (or perhaps inability) to provide anything to the contrary.
9 Apr 2019, 12:36 PM

Look at this BS match I have seen.

USF (TwistedToosty) vs OKW (VonIvan) Match starts 19:07, ends 01:06:30

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/408191954

Just see how the USF player places guys with AT on top on an insane speedy M3 Halftrack to take out Luchs with more than 4/5 of its health in one go.
Is this broken?

The USF player used "Mechanized Company" which is pretty OP 1v1.

USF player dominates effortlessly with guys on top of vehicles shredding units. It is not historical and is very inaccurate. Speed in with Jeeps etc. They should be support vehicles. Not aggressive kinds.

WC51 is pretty strong, since the guys along with guys on top vehicle can just defend it.

25:00. WC51 with guys with submachine guns mow down a squad retreating only covering a distance of 30m before death. VonIvan retreated with 4 man, usually they should survive but they cant against this abusive tactic. It is like an early T70 or Luchs but worse.

Check 29:50, how the M3 Halftrack with AT guys on top could have managed to take 2 Luchs out nearly single-handedly. If he had gone for another strafe, 3rd strafe. Speeds in and takes so much of their health. Best AT tanks there is in the game I suppose. Nothing can counter that except with support of Volks which VonIvan fortunately had.
Look at the damage Luchs sustained form just 2 goes/tries.

Check 35:28, 1 strafe takes 4/5 of its health. That is super unbalanced. Who needs, Puma, AEC, Stuart, Even a Sherman when you have that.

check 36:57, speed so quickly, demolishes Luchs

Check 41:41, what an exploit, broken, simply unbelievable. So broken, so unbalanced. This is a must see

I could go on but you guys understand where I am getting at. It is unfair, unskillful and needs to be looked over. This is the most unbalanced feature I have seen in this game. It is too cost effective for something that deals that much.

My idea is to make that vehicle slower than it currently is as "lightning speed". It is insane. The Worst AT vehicle I have ever seen in game. More freaky than AT vehicle there is in game especially for something that comes that early. It does cost a lot to get bazookas but definitely much more worse than an investment in AT that can nearly guaratee a Luchs kill. I am quite sure everyone can agree on that fact.

I am not in favour of any faction. I believe this game should require skill rather than using a unit effortlessly without any, with just pure abuse. This is not how this game should be. It should be balanced. No exploitation's of any sorts

Devs fix this.
9 Apr 2019, 12:44 PM

Look at this BS match I have seen.

USF (TwistedToosty) vs OKW (VonIvan) Match starts 19:07, ends 01:06:30

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/408191954

Just see how the USF player places guys with AT on top on an insane speedy M3 Halftrack to take out Luchs with more than 4/5 of its health in one go.
Is this broken?

The USF player used "Mechanized Company" which is pretty OP 1v1.

USF player dominates effortlessly with guys on top of vehicles shredding units. It is not historical and is very inaccurate. Speed in with Jeeps etc. They should be support vehicles. Not aggressive kinds.

WC51 is pretty strong, since the guys along with guys on top vehicle can just defend it.

25:00. WC51 with guys with submachine guns mow down a squad retreating only covering a distance of 30m before death. VonIvan retreated with 4 man, usually they should survive but they cant against this abusive tactic. It is like an early T70 or Luchs but worse.

Check 29:50, how the M3 Halftrack with AT guys on top could have managed to take 2 Luchs out nearly single-handedly. If he had gone for another strafe, 3rd strafe. Speeds in and takes so much of their health. Best AT tanks there is in the game I suppose. Nothing can counter that except with support of Volks which VonIvan fortunately had.

Check 35:28, 1 strafe takes 4/5 of its health. That is super unbalanced. Who needs, Puma, AEC, Stuart, Even a Sherman when you have that.

Check 41:41, what an exploit, broken, simply unbelievable. So broken, so unbalanced. This is a must see

I could go on but you guys understand where I am getting at. It is unfair, unskillful and needs to be looked over. This is the most unbalanced feature I have seen in this game. It is too cost effective for something that deals that much.

My idea is to make that vehicle slower than it currently is as "lightning speed". It is insane. The Worst AT vehicle I have ever seen in game. More freaky than AT vehicle there is in game especially for something that comes that early. It does cost a lot to get bazookas but definitely much more worse than an investment in AT that can nearly guaratee a Luchs kill. I am quite sure everyone can agree on that fact.

I am not in favour of any faction. I believe this game should require skill rather than using a unit effortlessly without any, with just pure abuse. This is not how this game should be. It should be balanced. No exploitation's of any sorts

Devs fix this.

I like how the sweep mines out of the car:megusta:
9 Apr 2019, 12:54 PM

Is this broken?

No. Its a huge risk of losing squads, vehicles and weapon upgrades all to one stray AT shell.

It’s called Mechanized and it functions best when you combine the efforts of your vehicles and infantry. Seems to be working as intended.

...and?
A vehicle with a squad in... have guns. Wow!

Here’s a better comparison for you:
It is exactly the same as the Ost halftrack with Pgrens in it.

Oh my god, a dedicated AT setup on a halftrack can do damage to vehicles.

Panzer grenadiers in the Ost halftrack can do the exact same thing.

Just keep an AT gun ready. The halftrack exploding will be a massive loss of MP and possibly MU as well as FU. High risk, high potential reward.

Ost can do it too and nobody cares.

No its not. Its old news. The Luchs is an awful counter to this anyway.

I could go on but you guys understand where I am getting at. It is unfair, unskillful and needs to be looked over..... ...... It does cost a lot to get bazookas but definitely much more worse than an investment in AT that can nearly guaratee a Luchs kill. I am quite sure everyone can agree on that fact.

Git good.

Bullshit. Also, Ost can do basically everything above too.

Devs fix this.

Git good.
9 Apr 2019, 13:02 PM

Is this broken?

Now, go compare cost of single Luchs to a cost of these 3 units with 200+ muni worth of upgrades on them.

You'll see that there is absolutely nothing broken about it.
9 Apr 2019, 13:40 PM

Now, go compare cost of single Luchs to a cost of these 3 units with 200+ muni worth of upgrades on them.

You'll see that there is absolutely nothing broken about it.

What is broken is the insane vehicle speed. It is insanely fast that it has more than enough time to escape after a single strafe. You can clearly see that in the video. That is what is unfair about it. The speed of the vehicle needs to be nerfed since it is unrealistic and unfair.

If you compare the Osteehr one which is much slower, that is fair.

I do agree on the fact the investment and cost overall is huge. That it is fair. What I do not think is fair is its blitz or "insane vehicle speed". It SHOULD NOT be able to evade like that quickly, it should be slower than it currently is.

In the game, he managed to damage all vehicles Luchs really badly. Even the Panther. That is fine, but the fact he escaped effortlessly every time is what would definitely bug anyone.

If you faust it, then the bazooka guys are fine. Just get out of the vehicle and spray more shots onto vehicle, that the mechanic. The Insane Speed mechanic of being to escape and make insanely sharp turns is simply stupid. There should be car accident for something driving that fast!.

Is there no accuracy penalty for guys on top of vehicles? Just curious! Since vehicle have moving accuracy penalties, so I wonder.

The only thing that needs nerfing on the M3 Halftrack is its insane speed. That is what I find the most disturbing issue.

I have engaged a situation like this before and I have managed. Best counter are mines usually and Raketenwerfer and Volks. So I know how to git good or be good. M3 Halftrack speed is cancerous. That is the only issue I find here.

I am fine with guys with Bazookas on top of a vechile. But not on Vechile than just evades any opportunity of it getting countered. It always seems to evade easily. Nerf the M3 Haltrack speed only. That is what is unbalanced!

9 Apr 2019, 13:57 PM

I have engaged a situation like this before and I have managed. Best counter are mines usually and Raketenwerfer and Volks. So I know how to git good or be good. M3 Halftrack speed is cancerous. That is the only issue I find here.

[/quot i dont think mines work because sweeper in halftrack sweeps mines at lightspeed.
Its hilarious but balanced
9 Apr 2019, 14:23 PM

Permanently Banned
I think the wc51 is fine. Maybe increase the target size. You didn't buy it to dodge rak shots. I've seen a rak miss a stationary wc51 and it wasn't even a max range rak shot. The rak, then immediately retreated after giving away its position but the wc51 gave chase and the thomspon cav rifles inside were able to wipe a full health rak on retreat. The SU m3 is nowhere near as dangerous due to not having a squad like thompson cav rifles.
9 Apr 2019, 14:26 PM

I think the wc51 is fine. Maybe increase the target size. You didn't buy it to dodge rak shots. I've seen a rak miss a stationary wc51 and it wasn't even a max range rak shot. The rak, then immediately retreated after giving away its position but the wc51 gave chase and the thomspon cav rifles inside were able to wipe a full health rak on retreat. The SU m3 is nowhere near as dangerous due to not having a squad like thompson cav rifles.

I think the WC51 should lose Mark Target, 155mm Artillery and decrew.

The first two abilities have no place on a 200 MP 0 FU clown kubel. The latter allows you to drive it off: it's got to crawl back to its engineers like a Soviet M3 or a UKF UC.
9 Apr 2019, 14:47 PM

Don't think Ostheer is bad, but OKW just do everything Ostheer do, but better. Volks efficience is stupid.
At least me, I can only win as USF (1v1) using cheese plays like WC51 with CavRifleman or Pathfinder/Paras/Greyhound. When I try to play with normal rifleman I feel that they lose so hard against OKW.
IMO the strongest Allied Faction right now is Brits, sections are very powerful and Bolton should not exist and comes along with a good AT vs light vehicles (since they have more accuracy against small targets) and the AEC and now Snares with engs, very powerful kit.
Soviets only function with Penals/shocks/guards, If you don't use any of these units you will probably have a bad time.
So in my experience, Brits > OKW > Soviets > USF > Werh
9 Apr 2019, 14:47 PM

Wouldnt be a problem if the balance team wasn't so adamant in not nerfing OKW and adjusting Soviets accordingly (looking at you maxim/cons/penals). Instead they buff WFA and East gets left in the dust and game becomes more and more stale and a battle of call-ins and cheese. It is in a really boring state right now, imo.

And theres the problem of Ostheer being solid in team games and OKW being flat out stupid. WFA is overstated in this because both lack proper rocket artillery and only have 1 doc for proper artillery. LM gets decrewed and calliope is a big meme and both again lock you to pretty "meh" doctrines aswell.
Game exists outside of 1v1 just as a FYI to people.

And if u want to nerf Pathfinders then further nerf JLI and overwatch. But we all know thats not happening.

Probably the most relevant comment here, Balance team has a bias with OKW and the balance of this game will only go forward when they acknowledge it and bring the necessary changes on OKW early game, adjust accordingly their mid game to keep them relevant AND nerf M3/WC51/UC start for all 3 allied factions. Then suddenly Ostheer is probably benefit from it without touching the faction.
9 Apr 2019, 14:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2019, 14:26 PMLago
I think the WC51 should lose Mark Target, 155mm Artillery and decrew.

The first two abilities have no place on a 200 MP 0 FU clown kubel. The latter allows you to drive it off: it's got to crawl back to its engineers like a Soviet M3 or a UKF UC.

I'd rather have a unit like the WC-51 have some utility (with the abilities) than its sole purpose being a cheese clowncar. I think it's better to go after some of its combat stats (armor, HP, accuracy penalty for garrisoned squad, etc.) so the Cavalry Riflemen WC-51 combo won't be as strong anymore.
9 Apr 2019, 14:58 PM

I'd rather have a unit like the WC-51 have some utility (with the abilities) than its sole purpose being a cheese clowncar. I think it's better to go after some of its combat stats (armor, HP, accuracy penalty for garrisoned squad, etc.).

The UC, Bren and Kubel don't need Command Tank abilities. I don't see why the cheapest vehicle in the game needs them.
9 Apr 2019, 15:00 PM

UC and Kubel are not doctrinal, and UC has a strong utility since they have a lot of damage and I have to agree that kubel need a Late game ability.
9 Apr 2019, 15:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2019, 14:58 PMLago
The UC, Bren and Kubel don't need Command Tank abilities. I don't see why the cheapest vehicle in the game needs them.

The Kubelwagen barely has any utility and sucks in combat. The result is that the unit is considered very weak and is rarely used (except for some backcapping strats).

The UC is UKF's only tool for early MP bleed and garrison/cover denial. It's pretty strong at this combat role without being cheesy, so it doesn't need utility.

The WC-51 is currently the opposite of the Kubelwagen, having both a strong combat role and utility. Take away the WC-51's utility and all that it'll have left going for it is the cheesy and arguably OP garrisoned Cavalry Riflemen combo, which is something I think most people will agree with has to be toned down. But nerf both and the unit will never see use (like the Kubelwagen). So the way I see it, nerfing its combat cheese potential and leaving its utility is the only way to balance it while keeping it viable.
9 Apr 2019, 15:08 PM

The WC-51 currently has both a combat role and utility. Take away the WC-51's utility and all that it'll have left going for it is the cheesy and arguably OP garrisoned Cavalry Riflemen combo, which is something I think most people will agree with has to be toned down. But nerf both and the unit will never see use (like the Kubelwagen). So the way I see it, nerfing its combat cheese potential and leaving its utility is the only way to keep it viable.

It's an early bleed tool, a capping car like a Kubel, and fuelless AT if you stick a bazooka squad in it.

Maybe it can have those abilities if you stick a Major in it, but otherwise they're utterly incongruous.
9 Apr 2019, 15:11 PM

The Kubel caps at additional speed and gets a good utility from vet 1. It also starts with a gun.

The UC gets either a flamrthrower (building clearing) or Vickers (Suppression) for utility on top of being durable and having decent damage.

The jeep is a combat transport that has to buy its gun. IMO it shouldn't cap on its own, but other than it stacks up against its commander. Mechanized is all about working in partnership, infantry and vehicles. The WC is a unit you want to rebuy just to help offer combined arms bonuses. It having a few MU heavy abilities just helps make the commander's theme, relying on light vehicles to support your infantry, make sense.

On its own, unlike the UC, its just a super light transport, at best it can pay a chunk of MU to upgrade to having a gun. Infantry supporting squads is what makes it.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 0
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak