Login

russian armor

Heavy Tank Call-Ins

4 Apr 2019, 12:16 PM

I like idea, I wonder how the gameplay would be then. It would be definitely interesting

One question. What would make OKW with its significance of having KT mean then if they can not build caches. I guess that is the reason why they can not build caches I assume.

Maybe it should be like this for all factions, Option to pick before choosing commander or after.

Option 1> Sacrifice Caches for late Heavy tanks
Option 2> Sacrifice Heavy Tanks for Caches

It is a question of balance.!!!
4 Apr 2019, 12:20 PM

I like idea, I wonder how the gameplay would be then. It would be definitely interesting

One question. What would make OKW with its significance of having KT mean then if they can not build caches. I guess that is the reason why they can not build caches I assume.

Maybe it should be like this for all factions, Option to pick before choosing commander or after.

Option 1> Sacrifice Caches for late Heavy tanks
Option 2> Sacrifice Heavy Tanks for Caches

It is a question of balance.!!!

OKW always 100%of the matches they play have the Option to field a KT. Tying heavies to tech won't change that. No is-2 commander means no is-2 regardless of if it's tied to tech. No amount of caches or officers will let me call in a Pershing with my Paratroopers.
4 Apr 2019, 12:27 PM

That is true. I am just saying. If every faction has accessibility to Heavy Tanks by default like OKW has. Should they also have caches too?
4 Apr 2019, 12:42 PM

That is true. I am just saying. If every faction has accessibility to Heavy Tanks by default like OKW has. Should they also have caches too?

Those two aren't connected. The Scavenge mechanic takes the place of OKW caches.
4 Apr 2019, 12:50 PM

I don't recall anyone asking for default heavy tanks.
They arnt saying when you tech up you unlock a heavy tank, they want your heavy tank to be locked until you tech up. You would still need to have it in your lmmander to unlock it though.
4 Apr 2019, 12:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2019, 12:42 PMLago

Those two aren't connected. The Scavenge mechanic takes the place of OKW caches.

Then remove the Scavenge mechanic. How often are there vehicles destroyed anyway.

Remove Scavenge for Caches.

It fixes the issue where OKW can scavenge enemy team weapons which can be quite annoying for the allied players.
Give them Caches for that change. If everyone is happy. Or do not change it at all. It can be seen in two different perspectives.

It is in some way connected because of that fact. Heavy tank is to counter those who have higher income due to fuel caches (which is the most popular option). That is why there is KT for OKW by default.
4 Apr 2019, 13:01 PM

Then remove the Scavenge mechanic. How often are there vehicles destroyed anyway.

Remove Scavenge for Caches.

It fixes the issue where OKW can scavenge enemy team weapons which can be quite annoying for the allied players.
Give them Caches for that change. If everyone is happy. Or do not change it at all. It can be seen in two different perspectives.

It is in some way connected because of that fact. Heavy tank is to counter those who have higher income due to fuel caches (which is the most popular option). That is why there is KT for OKW by default.

In this case, remove the 5th levels of veterans, the OKW was built on ammunition and fuel hunger, instead of OKW has the best veteranism. I think it is not necessary to make fractions with mirror copies.
4 Apr 2019, 13:02 PM

I don't recall anyone asking for default heavy tanks.
They arnt saying when you tech up you unlock a heavy tank, they want your heavy tank to be locked until you tech up. You would still need to have it in your lmmander to unlock it though.

Yes. Can we presume that Osteehr and SU can skip tech in some ways.

Sometimes, me in general playing either those two factions, you can ignore building one of these bases.

Osteehr skipping the "Support Armour Korps"
SU skipping either the first or second base.

Do you have tech through every single base built or until you get the last base?
4 Apr 2019, 13:14 PM

All german new commander have call-in heavy tank

but allies is not

why?

I hope that at least Ez8 will be added to the new USF commander
5 Apr 2019, 08:39 AM

did your enemy beat you with just a stuart until pershing? yea id forget calling relic on this one there are other issues at play somewhere between your keyboard and chair i think
em ok i think u dont understand me i mean its more easy for okw to rely on first truck more than for any other faction. So i guess for them "call in" its more broken. Is it clear what im saying maybe my english suxks to hard
5 Apr 2019, 09:01 AM

em ok i think u dont understand me i mean its more easy for okw to rely on first truck more than for any other faction. So i guess for them "call in" its more broken. Is it clear what im saying maybe my english suxks to hard

UKF I think has a better first/starter Truck than OKW, they can heavily more rely on. The Infantry Section, best HMG Vickers, and Universal carrier great Light Vehicle. All very good early AI aggressiveness.

OKW is good also but not as easy to rely on. Volks are the main viable choice, cost effective but requires heavily on upgrade to perform better. Kubel is to an extent useless currently. SturmPios good for beginning but not really later on for combat in comparison to Volks. Raketenwerfer which is also good but does not scale well as any other AT gun, comes early yes.

Call in for OKW KT is not broken btw. It is there for a reason.
6 Apr 2019, 05:21 AM

> Put them all in their faction's highest tech building;
> Unlock with CPs (roughly same ones as now);
> Balance their performance (slightly up) and costs (down) to match this availability nerf.

+1
6 Apr 2019, 09:54 AM

+1

I don't agree with highest tech building. That seems unduly harsh on Ostheer, which in practice has a tech fork between their two medium tank buildings.

I suggested T3 or T4. I don't think it should be any more than Battle Phase 3.
6 Apr 2019, 10:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2019, 09:54 AMLago

I don't agree with highest tech building. That seems unduly harsh on Ostheer, which in practice has a tech fork between their two medium tank buildings.

I think BP3 is the ideal middle ground. It's a bit more than just mediums but also in the way to t4. T4 remains optional. Seems reasonable
6 Apr 2019, 10:27 AM

I think BP3 is the ideal middle ground. It's a bit more than just mediums but also in the way to t4. T4 remains optional. Seems reasonable

It also sticks an extra 200 MP 50 MP on the cost of the Tiger.

640 MP 230 MP is almost two P4s. 840 MP 280 FU for a Tiger? I doubt you'll see it much.
6 Apr 2019, 10:28 AM

If super heavy tanks start to require tech then they need to have their cost reduce closer to the Comet.
6 Apr 2019, 10:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2019, 10:28 AMVipper
If super heavy tanks start to require tech then they need to have their cost reduce closer to the Comet.

That'd suck for the Comet and Panther. The Panther would just get outright replaced if a Tiger's available, and the Comet...

...well, it's the Comet.
6 Apr 2019, 10:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2019, 10:34 AMLago

That'd suck for the Comet and Panther. The Panther would just get outright replaced if a Tiger's available, and the Comet...

...well, it's the Comet.

Its not my actual suggestion, but the Tiger with a tech cost is simply overpriced.

One could always move tiger to T4 and make Panther doctrinal.
6 Apr 2019, 11:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2019, 10:27 AMLago

It also sticks an extra 200 MP 50 MP on the cost of the Tiger.

640 MP 230 MP is almost two P4s. 840 MP 280 FU for a Tiger? I doubt you'll see it much.

Up in the op I think it was suggested that price and performance be adjusted if tied to tech.
6 Apr 2019, 12:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2019, 09:54 AMLago

I guess you are right on Ostheer. T3 +Phase 3 plus CP would probably be enough.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★