Login

russian armor

SU mortar

2 Apr 2019, 03:23 AM

So... This mortar flare... why is it not locked behind T1 at least? And why is it a thing? Its insanely more useful than the ost mortar ability, and better than the US one.

(and dont get me started on 6-man weapon teams).

But this flare should at least be behind Vet 1... And back to a sniper ability only like it started...
Its not as bad as the insane 'precision strike' it used to be, but its still insanely more effective than 'return fire'.

honestly they should all be the same, asymmetrical balance doesnt work in indirect fire/support.
2 Apr 2019, 06:17 AM

I find axis blitzkrieg on tanks insanely more useful then soviet capture points, but here we are.

Different factions, different abilities, different usefulness of these abilities when compared to the counterparts of other armies.

Unless you want to give T34s blitzkrieg, I'll be fine with that too.
2 Apr 2019, 06:27 AM

Unless you want to give T34s blitzkrieg, I'll be fine with that too.

Ram maneuver its like a blitz, but only straigth into another tank :sibPheasant:.

To OP:
SU mortar is a utility one, flares are needed to give them tools against OST HMG, they are fine. OST mortars are much more efficient vs SU ones.
2 Apr 2019, 07:07 AM

reason to build 82mm mortar :
- smoke
- flare
2 Apr 2019, 09:04 AM

Ram maneuver its like a blitz, but only straigth into another tank :sibPheasant:.

but only availible when tageting a tank and has an engine debuff if it misses. also will disable itself if it hits. and also cant kill a kuble. and statistically will do more damage to itslef (full disable of all functions) than it will do to even a lowly kuble

tbh its nearly as hilariously silly as a mortar pit, unbraced, being able to tank an entire sturmtiger rocket
2 Apr 2019, 13:29 PM
Patrion 310

Ost mortar > Soviet (even with flares).

In addition ost mortar doesn't require specific tech (19/20 you are building t1), is supported by the best mg in the game rather than the worst, has a decent core infantry squad that doesn't require another tech building to get etc etc.

Additionally suggesting "asymmetric balance" as a reason to nerf Soviet mortar with no intention of applying that to cons maxim etc is simply wrong (and biased).

Edit: I'm glad you decided to include the fact it requires constant muni investment to be somewhat useful and that flare can be quite buggy - oh no wait you didn't :)
2 Apr 2019, 14:06 PM

In addition ost mortar doesn't require specific tech (19/20 you are building t1), is supported by the best mg in the game rather than the worst, has a decent core infantry squad that doesn't require another tech building to get etc etc.

Additionally suggesting "asymmetric balance" as a reason to nerf Soviet mortar with no intention of applying that to cons maxim etc is simply wrong (and biased).

Edit: I'm glad you decided to include the fact it requires constant muni investment to be somewhat useful and that flare can be quite buggy - oh no wait you didn't :)

This ^^
2 Apr 2019, 14:43 PM

Well maybe im just insanely unlucky, but my Ost mortars are never as accurate/effective as the SU ones. Especially since they're fighting vs 6-man squads.
2 Apr 2019, 14:48 PM

no firing without line of sight gives a huge scatter penalty so the su mortar wins if it uses flare

but there is no reason to nerf it, just make the counter barrage give 15-20 extra range for ost mortar as right now it's useless
2 Apr 2019, 14:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2019, 14:43 PMCorsin
Well maybe im just insanely unlucky, but my Ost mortars are never as accurate/effective as the SU ones. Especially since they're fighting vs 6-man squads.

Please share your metodics of effectiveness measurement.
Each mortar do kill some models. Or do some health damage. It depends on how you use it. Maybe if you try to play some switch-side matches with same player as ost and red army, you can find out where is the problem.
2 Apr 2019, 15:28 PM

Well in the lethality department, the SU mortar actually sucks hard so it should at least be somewhat useful
3 Apr 2019, 22:18 PM

Permanently Banned
Are u sure mortars get a penalty when firing into the fog of war. I'm pretty sure that's only for static howis like LeFH, ML 20, B4
4 Apr 2019, 12:45 PM

It performs alike the Wehrmacht mortar. I think it is fine personally. It only has slightly more scatter due to the fact it has 6 man squad.

The reason no one takes it usually is because of the fact that everyone is attracted to the 120mm mortar (doctrine unit). Nothing wrong in that but everyones picks that over the default. That explains maybe why nobody likes it that much I suppose.

It has flare, which is nice. It is good overall.
4 Apr 2019, 16:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2019, 03:23 AMCorsin
So... This mortar flare... why is it not locked behind T1 at least? And why is it a thing? Its insanely more useful than the ost mortar ability, and better than the US one.

Are you equally upset about how much more useful mg42 AP rounds are than the Maxim's sustained fire?
4 Apr 2019, 19:36 PM

Uhm, mortars got normalised in range. Soviet mortars still fires with pinpoint accuracy.

What does the ostheer got over the soviet mortar?
4 Apr 2019, 19:45 PM

Are u sure mortars get a penalty when firing into the fog of war. I'm pretty sure that's only for static howis like LeFH, ML 20, B4
yes all art unit get penality
4 Apr 2019, 22:31 PM

Uhm, mortars got normalised in range. Soviet mortars still fires with pinpoint accuracy.

What does the ostheer got over the soviet mortar?

Both the normal and smoke barrage are a lot better. Its more accurate. And i believe even now it fires slightly faster.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★