Login

russian armor

USF Urban Assault -Feedback

PAGES (17)down
23 Mar 2019, 02:23 AM

Just looking at this commander, it seems really meh. The riflenades are interesting but not significantly better than flamers or anything (I like the concept a lot though). Calliope is still garbage since it only got a small buff, and smoke is nice but I wouldn't pick a doctrine for it, same with dozer blades. The only really good thing is rangers and I'd rather back them up with a pershing than calliopes lol. It doesn't really offer anything stand-out or new (other than the riflenades) to me IMO.
23 Mar 2019, 02:41 AM

how about command E8 from LimaOscarMike's company lel
23 Mar 2019, 02:42 AM

how about command E8 from LimaOscarMike's company lel

I'd rather have that than dozer blades for sure.
23 Mar 2019, 03:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2019, 12:19 PMnigo
Another commander with Calliope ? Nobody will choose again the USF Tatical Commander after Calliope + Rangers.

And the last one: Looks like this is the last chance to OKW and USF receive a sniper.

So lets change this?

=================

USF - Urban Assault by nigo

* 0 CP - Sniper (use a Pathfinder model with the Assassinate ability from AA) / buildable from T0 or T1.

*Rear Echelon Rifle Grenades

*Forward Observers - +25% sight for Riflemen only when in cover or garrison.

*Rangers

*Sherman 105mm or Sherman Crocodile (if possible to use a Sherman model + Churchill Croco fire animation) - call in

If possible copy and past Sherman Croco from CoH1 - https://companyofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/M4_Crocodile_Sherman

Now we have somekind of real URBAN ASSAULT theme in USF. Snipers is perfect for the urban warfare.

Snipers suck in CQC situations and sight blockers. Urban assault means you get into a city or a town. You dont use snipers at all. Also sniper garrison is but the worst mechanic ingame.
More vision to riflemen, is this a joke? Again more vision to be blocked by obstacles.
Sherman crocodile, sounds interesting but pretty boring also. There is already KV8 and crocchurchills. It doesnt fit the call in mechanic neither, unless you want it behind some 15CP requeriment.

I have to disagree.
23 Mar 2019, 03:34 AM

I would suggest the SpecOps for OKM grenade assault ability to be available to USF in a Urban assault theme. The riflenade for RE sounds nice, but maybe flamethrowers should be added to the mix too. Purchasing both should be quite expensive but doable.
Lots of smoke are but the most important aspect of urban assault strategies
Finally a good squad able to soak up damage and dish out in the same amount is the last ingredient, hence rangers could fit the bill. A breakthrough unit is needed since urban escenarios often show HMGs sat up and narrow corridors.
23 Mar 2019, 23:37 PM

Not Dozer Blades!
24 Mar 2019, 03:01 AM
Patrion 26

If Dozer Blades are replaced by either Reserve Armour or Easy8 it will be a really decent commander.
Which is what the USF really need.
24 Mar 2019, 08:16 AM

If Dozer Blades are replaced by either Reserve Armour or Easy8 it will be a really decent commander.
Which is what the USF really need.

USF got very good commanders through the revamp: Mechanize, Recon and Armor Company are all very good. Combine that with the tech changes and you know why USF are really strong now.
Doesnt mean "Urban Assault" shouln't be strong but elite Inf, Rocket Arty and better tanks are too much imo.
I would like to see a heavy munition ability replacing Dozer blades, US versions of "Strategic bombing" or the "IL-2 bombing" run would be cool and helpful. I mean the USA had the strongest air might in the whole war but atm USF have only one good plane ability (p-47 rocket).
24 Mar 2019, 09:13 AM

What about wolverine ? E8 is maybe too much but if we replace dozer blades with wolverine its gonna be really good commander but not op.
Or dozer blades give u access to fosfor shell like in comet. Fosfor is excellent for urban maps.
24 Mar 2019, 11:49 AM

What about wolverine ? E8 is maybe too much but if we replace dozer blades with wolverine its gonna be really good commander but not op.
Or dozer blades give u access to fosfor shell like in comet. Fosfor is excellent for urban maps.

I like your last idea!
24 Mar 2019, 13:31 PM

From a design point of view

Rifle grenades Upgrade
Imo this ability can easily prove problematic.

The weapon upgrade being available from CP 0 and with no tech cost is inconstant with other weapon upgrades. It would probably be better to have some tech requirements.

The ability to fire 2 rifle grenades from a mortar pit is excessive and can easily lead to squad wipes.

The combination of smoke grenades and rifle-grenades allows the unit deal with HMG too easily.

The ability to equip rifle-grenades BAR and minesweepers is excessive the upgrade should at least take all weapon slots.

From the little testing I did the unit has a big advantage when is garrison while the combination of volley fire suppress and rifle-grenades can also prove problematic. One might have to remove volley fire from the unit once upgraded.

Generally speaking the grenades forces enemy units to move allot reducing their DPS.

I personally would suggest moving the ability to riflemen taking all weapon slot and swapping with flamer from rifle company.

Off map smoke barrage
The ability should not be available to e used inside enemy bases.

Dozer blades
I find the ability good since for 70 munition you get a tank that is better than the Ostheer PzIV. On the other hand I see little reason to be bundle with Sherman 76mm so the Sherman 76mm could become a separate ability. (I would suggest that Sherman 76mm becomes identical with normal Sherman with only difference having AP round instead HE)

This ability could be replaced with a timed ability giving better bonuses to units fighting from or against garrison.

Rangers
The unit is simply OP and way more cost efficient than PGs for almost the same price. I would rather have the unit's damage toned down and have lower CP than making it cheaper.

M4 Sherman Calliope

The unit does need fit the commander since it is not actually a good unit to use in a urban environment. Reducing the price is not really a good solution since the unit is very hard to kill. I would suggest increasing minimum range so it can not be used aggressively and adjusting damage if needed.

A units better suited fro the commander would be the dozer (one could then remove the dozer blades). The dozer could also be redesigned to work more like a mini KV-2 and maybe have a limited to 1 or 2. Or mini priest weapon with significant less range but providing some sort of indirect fire support suited for urban environment. Or a very durable tanks with good frontal amour and less wipe potential.

That could also allow the easy8 to be moved to elite armor.
24 Mar 2019, 13:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2019, 13:31 PMVipper

A units better suited fro the commander would be the dozer (one could then remove the dozer blades). The dozer could also be redesigned to work more like a mini KV-2 and maybe have a limited to 1 or 2. That could also allow the easy8 to be moved to elite armor.

Like your idea, Dozer from Armor Company would fit a lot better than 76mm Shermans or E8.
24 Mar 2019, 14:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2019, 13:50 PMSmartie

Like your idea, Dozer from Armor Company would fit a lot better than 76mm Shermans or E8.

I think a Sherman Crocodile would be best to fit in the commander if they can somehow go around the limitations of the mod tools.
24 Mar 2019, 14:39 PM

dont need wolverin or 105mm sherman

just give E8 or Pershing

and delete fookin useless Caliope

24 Mar 2019, 14:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2019, 13:50 PMSmartie

I agree with you both. The 105mm Sherman fits way better is this urban assault doctrine then any other Sherman. I also agree with replacing the one in the armor doctrine with the E8.

I don't like the rifle grenades on the rear echelons. I tried it against a friend with a 4 rear echelon opening. The wipe potential is too good and they snowball too hard. I would rather have it be replaced with the flamer, it makes more sense within the doctrine theme as well.
24 Mar 2019, 18:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2019, 13:31 PMVipper

Rifle grenades Upgrade
Imo this ability can easily prove problematic.

The weapon upgrade being available from CP 0 and with no tech cost is inconstant with other weapon upgrades. It would probably be better to have some tech requirements.

Actually its quite consistent with the other anti-garrison engineer upgrade, the flamethrower.
25 Mar 2019, 00:08 AM
Patrion 26

The Reserve Armour package would be fine. The 76mm sherman isn't a beast. It's a slightly above average medium tank.
With it the commander becomes really solid, without it it's just a slightly different and equally weak Calliope commander, that will probably only get used in 4v4.
ddd
25 Mar 2019, 00:12 AM

The Reserve Armour package would be fine. The 76mm sherman isn't a beast. It's a slightly above average medium tank.
With it the commander becomes really solid, without it it's just a slightly different and equally weak Calliope commander, that will probably only get used in 4v4.

Its not even above average its quite trash. Did you see todays tournament? All usf players went mechanized company but not a single 76mm sherman purchased.
25 Mar 2019, 00:31 AM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2019, 00:12 AMddd

Its not even above average its quite trash. Did you see todays tournament? All usf players went mechanized company but not a single 76mm sherman purchased.

Then there is no harm in adding it, for the people who will use it.
25 Mar 2019, 03:33 AM

I don't know, I don't really want a million armor units in this commander when you are never going to have enough fuel to have both Dozer Shermans, Calliope, AND another doctrinal armor unit. I think this commander would be a lot more attractive if you tweaked the Dozer Blade upgrade to make it more attractive, slightly buffed Calliope more, and maybe replaced smoke with something more sexy. Personally I'd like to see Riflemen Flares (possibly bundled with something else) make it's way into the commander as a munitions based way to spot for Calliope.
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS