Login

russian armor

Soviet - Airbourne feedback

PAGES (13)down
29 Mar 2019, 14:03 PM

If replace the IL-2 strafe with the ability of the Pathfinder reconnaissance group: artillery strike. This would really make sense for the "parachuting" of the Soviet Airborne Forces, it is possible to destroy the Howitzer or the infantry near the medical HQ in the rear of the enemy and it will not be OP:
- high cost: 360 personnel + 140 ammunition per strike
- risk: howitzers are usually built near the main HQ where machine-gun bunkers or anti-aircraft guns or near the AA headquarters
29 Mar 2019, 14:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2019, 13:58 PMKatitof

But he just explained to you how that kind of abilities already exist in game and are more powerful...
Plus, there is quite a few units already existing with that mechanic.

USF major, IR pathfinders.
Ost arty officer.
OKW sturm officer(with his personal propaganda arty).
Soviet commissar(I think he also has prop arty?)
Command panther with mark target.
UKF arty flares of sniper and pyrotechnic section, valentine victor target.

And I probably forgot about a couple.

Pin on demand isn't really that strong, its the same power level as forced retreat we already have in game as units ability.

Then fix these useless skills first

I dont understand why USF strafing run is more expensive(125muni)

More expensive, can be use later(6cp, airborn guard is 3cp)

Is USF strafing run more strong than other faction's strafing run? No

Is CAS strafing run more strong than IL-2 strafing run? No

strafing run has no benefit when it is commander skill

29 Mar 2019, 14:40 PM

Have you even compared them in game?
Ease of use?
Damage?

And yes, it does have a benefit when its a lone commander skill.
1) You do NOT need any specific vetted unit around to use it.
2) Its a commander ability, you literally have no alternative if you don't pick it.
29 Mar 2019, 14:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2019, 14:15 PMblancat

Then fix these useless skills first

I dont understand why USF strafing run is more expensive(125muni)

More expensive, can be use later(6cp, airborn guard is 3cp)

Is USF strafing run more strong than other faction's strafing run? No

Is CAS strafing run more strong than IL-2 strafing run? No

strafing run has no benefit when it is commander skill

You are discussing bullshit, you do not need to discuss why the IL-2 strafe is cheaper, you need to discuss the fact that the IL-2 completely mismatches the role of infantrymen spawn in the rear of the enemy.
29 Mar 2019, 14:55 PM

You are discussing bullshit, you do not need to discuss why the IL-2 strafe is cheaper, you need to discuss the fact that the IL-2 completely mismatches the role of infantrymen spawn in the rear of the enemy.

How? Its a vet ability.

You'll be after a couple skirmishes before getting it and deploying behind that MG or in front of it does not change the fact that you will have no access to the ability for some time.
29 Mar 2019, 14:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2019, 14:55 PMKatitof

How? Its a vet ability.

You'll be after a couple skirmishes before getting it and deploying behind that MG or in front of it does not change the fact that you will have no access to the ability for some time.

He believes the sole purpose of paratrooper units in CoH2 is to get dropped next to enemy howitzers and blow them up.
29 Mar 2019, 14:59 PM

He believes the sole purpose of Paratrooper units in CoH2 is to get dropped next to enemy howitzers and blow them up.

Well, we have a unit that a spawn in the enemy's rear without a single ability for something to do in the rear. Now, answer one simple question: for what the hell do I need a spawn behind enemy lines? If you think that howitzer spam in every round is garbage that can be ignored, just rename the Airborne Troops as the Guard and let them spawn like ordinary elite infantry.
29 Mar 2019, 15:05 PM

Well, we have a unit that a spawn in the enemy's rear without a single ability for something to do in the rear. Now, answer one simple question: for what the hell do I need a spawn behind enemy lines? If you think that howitzer spam in every round is garbage that can be ignored, just rename the Airborne Troops as the Guard and let them spawn like ordinary elite infantry.

Reason 1
-to get rid of that support weapon line without any flanking effort
Reason 2
-to kill a sniper/squishy unit
Reason 3
-to back cap/cut off when things aren't going exactly well for you

Don't only 1 unit deployed on field out of all of them has actually anything that can kill a bunker at most?
29 Mar 2019, 15:31 PM

IL-2 Rocket strafe is horrible after patch, that thing does like maybe 30% hp damage to stationary P4 even if it hits it perfectly, it dont think it can even kill a flak halftruck with its rockets, the only use of these rockets before was killing of support weapons and dealing with blobs

Right now its more like - you deal a 30% damage of IL-2 PTAB run to vehicles for 60% of the cost and it does next to nothing against infantry. It was okay-ish pre-nerf (assuming you DONT actually use it against tanks), but after it's became a joke.
I'd rather get bomb run or PTAB instead of it, it utterly fails against tanks despite being only usable against them
29 Mar 2019, 15:33 PM

Insatead of making the ability another useless meme, just use current PTAB, +1 to that.
29 Mar 2019, 15:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2019, 15:31 PMKirrik
IL-2 Rocket strafe is horrible after patch, that thing does like maybe 30% hp damage to stationary P4 even if it hits it perfectly, it dont think it can even kill a flak halftruck with its rockets, the only use of these rockets before was killing of support weapons and dealing with blobs

Right now its more like - you deal a 30% damage of IL-2 PTAB run to vehicles for 60% of the cost and it does next to nothing against infantry. It was okay-ish pre-nerf (assuming you DONT actually use it against tanks), but after it's became a joke.
I'd rather get bomb run or PTAB instead of it, it utterly fails against tanks despite being only usable against them

He was terrible and before the patch - a direct hit by a rocket caused damage 1/4 of completely healthy Kübelwagen. For God's sake, just replace with PTAB
29 Mar 2019, 15:43 PM

Tbh after Guards got pinning strafe it was destined to become deprecated anyway, since it mostly was used against infantry before. PTAB is probably most useful Soviet offmap ability in game but it stuck on most useless and memey commander and sees no play because of that.

#PTAB4Airborne2019
29 Mar 2019, 21:58 PM

Anti tank Molotov ability for airborne guards AT snare ability anyone?

I like the idea of them having a dual purpose Molotov ability that can either blind and slow a vehicle temporarily or act like a conscript Molotov. It would provide interesting mind games to players who don’t know if it’s being thrown at their tank or the team weapon set up next to it for example.

Plus it’s different! Lol
30 Mar 2019, 13:20 PM

Version 2.

SVT Drop.
Continues to be can or worms.

Apart from balance issues, are there SVT model for all infatry that can pick these weapons including axis infatry or are these units going to hold invisible weapons?

Airborne Guards
Ability provides simply too much, for 360 manpower one get a smoke screen, infield deployment a unit with ourah and grenades that can call off map at vet 1.

Compared to unit like PG with nearly the same cost that is simply too much.

Weapon upgrade take too long time can be sorter.
Why does the unit start with SVT if it can get PPsh for free?
Have the unit start PPsh make the upgrade a long range one giving 3 SVT+3 DP.

SVT Air.G.
:
Ourah, smoke grenade, grenade is simply an OP combo. Ourah can be the vet 1 ability.

DP Air.G.:
All 3 abilities of the unit are badly designed.

The unit is designed to fight long range thus according "relative positioning" it should be weak to QCQ that manage to close the distance. Yet the unit has all the tool it needs to avoid that:
1) ourah to keep enemy at distance and kite them
2) fire superiority to slow down any enemy unit trying to close in
3) Strafe to suppress many enemy units closing in
4) and frag grenade to finish off any enemy unit that manages to close in.

It my opinion that abilities like the strafe should be limited to command unit like the Ostheer officer.

Airborne Rally Point

The ability is simply dirty cheap.
I would suggest that one could have it cost the same as Ostheer command bunker and have any added utility provided as an upgrade similar to UKF FRP. That would allow to better balance the structure.

DsHK Paradrop
I will repeat that 6 men crew with 5 SVT is a problem, that sprint should be removed and that almost 60 close DPS +5 SVT is simply OP at vet 3.

CP 10 IL-2 Rocket Strafe

Instead of straight line maybe change so that the ability target vehicles within the strafe area?
I was not able to test yet but it might too much damage vs OKW trucks. (does the damage reduction apply to trucks?)
30 Mar 2019, 14:20 PM
Patrion 26

Even in this version the rocket attack still seems to be more useful vs bunched up inf than it is against tanks.
31 Mar 2019, 08:01 AM

About Airborne Guards:

Unit has way too many abilities, IL-2 Strafe really needs to go. Doctrine itself is fun to play, gives you a lot of flexibility.
31 Mar 2019, 08:33 AM

With the current state of cons, it would be smart to replace svt drop with the il-2 strafe (remove it from ultra bundled airborne guards).

Cons would benefit getting a NON DOC mid range upgrade, and it could be stv that upgrade.
31 Mar 2019, 12:28 PM

SVT drop should probably be replaced/reworked. It's slightly useful for a just few units but making it a pickup for all units can potentially make it very problematic. (I support giving SVTs as a non doc late-game upgrade for Cons)

Rocket Strike could be made to require a vehicle target, like Mark Vehicle, so it would chase the target and guarantee at least some damage.

Not a fan of the IL-2 call in on the Guards.
31 Mar 2019, 12:31 PM

I would also like to see SVT as T3 or T4 stock con upgrade and doctrinal ability replaced with either dank hunters PTRS or regular PPSH.
31 Mar 2019, 12:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2019, 12:31 PMKatitof
I would also like to see SVT as T3 or T4 stock con upgrade and doctrinal ability replaced with regular PPSH.

Agreed, SVT for Cons should be a stock upgrade.
Looking at the big picture its getting more and more clear that we should get an additional balance patch in the summer after the new commanders are released. Cons,IS2, Pzgrens and Ostwind are units that deserve some attention.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS