Login

russian armor

Soviet - Airbourne feedback

PAGES (13)down
24 Mar 2019, 15:43 PM

Ok then, lets try again:

What's stronger?

151% of 2 or 170% of 1?

Larger increase to very low value is still much lower then smaller increase to much higher value.

Lets not pretend the "upgrade" adds meaningful values when translating the % to actual DPS says a different story.

G43s on grens add almost TWICE the DPS of SVTs at the same price point on top of grens already having greater DPS to begin with.

Trying to portray that in any other way then actual DPS numbers is nothing more then a number manipulation.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2019, 15:22 PMVipper

In addition when I tested the weapons I was able to give 6 SVT to conscripts.

Cons have 1 weapon slot, SVTs are supposed to take 1 weapon slot.
I was not able to give them more then 1 box yesterday evening, there was no update since.

Also, it took some time but I have found the ULTIMATE way to use SVT upgrade!
Rain it all over the place vs ost opponent! If grens will pick it, it will SIGNIFICANTLY LOWER THEIR DPS AT ALL RANGES AND block them from using LMG42!
24 Mar 2019, 16:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2019, 15:29 PMKatitof
Oh, an extremely biased attempt at using % values that say absolutely nothing then to give actual numbers!

Lets try that without accurate, but misleading %, shall we?

What's stronger?

151% of 2 or 170% of 1?

Larger increase to very low value is still much lower then smaller increase to much higher value.

Lets not pretend the "upgrade" adds meaningful values, ok Vipper?

I am not sure why you keep trying to prove others to be biased, since you yourself have admitted to be biased.

Now calling % values as biased is the simply moronic, number are numbers and you can not twisted them.

The buff a unit get as a pure number mean very little because it depends on what the original number of the unit is.

Increasing the DPS of Ober by 2 might a have a small impact while increasing the DPS of conscripts by 2 might have a huge.
24 Mar 2019, 16:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2019, 15:43 PMKatitof

Cons have 1 weapon slot, SVTs are supposed to take 1 weapon slot.
I was not able to give them more then 1 box yesterday evening, there was no update since.

Yes Cons have 1 weapon snot and I never claimed otherwise.

Now count the number of SVT this conscript squad has:

https://www.coh2.org/file/17762/svt.jpg

Also, it took some time but I have found the ULTIMATE way to use SVT upgrade!
Rain it all over the place vs ost opponent! If grens will pick it, it will SIGNIFICANTLY LOWER THEIR DPS AT ALL RANGES AND block them from using LMG42!

There are some flaws in that thoery

The SVT has better DPS at range 6, while the difference in DPS is not that significant.
The SVt has better PDS on the move

Grenadier should should be able to have both and LMG or G43s.

Pios can pick them and pio/flamer combo is actually strong...
24 Mar 2019, 17:16 PM

Ok then, lets try again:

What's stronger?

151% of 2 or 170% of 1?

You do know that X% increase of cons dps is actually much more than X% increase of grens dps, right ?

That's how percentages work...
24 Mar 2019, 17:18 PM

You do know that X% increase of cons dps is actually much more than X% increase of grens dps, right ?

That's how percentages work...

You do know that for 95% of infantry units in game that "weapon upgrade" actually LOWERS stock rifle DPS?

That's not how weapon upgrades work, even weak ones like DP-28.
24 Mar 2019, 17:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2019, 17:18 PMKatitof

You do know that for 95% of infantry units in game that "weapon upgrade" actually LOWERS stock rifle DPS?

Which favors 6 models over 4 men squads with better bolt action rifles, amiright ?

The ending difference is 2 dps at 15 range (the middle betwween long and close range) between the two stock rifle dps drop, and one of the squads here trade durability for better dps...

But hey, volks stg package cuts 2 bolt action rifles for a worse upgrade than a single bar that only cuts one garand... i guess it is just a worse upgrade by the same logic uh ?
24 Mar 2019, 17:33 PM

This is going way too technical.
Can someone just explainn with a dmg curve of the paradropped svt, post a cons.grens.ce.rifles same curve and let data speak for itself?

Its not that hard to understand that a weapon upgrade can be in the end a weapon downgrade, at best a dps curve change.

Maybe the point is showing how drastycal the change is, in wich direction and if it is contained or not exploitable in ridiculous ways.

Edit: @vipper i counted 5 svts and 1 mosin. The mosin is harder to see but you can idetify it by the nozzle and the cleaning stick
24 Mar 2019, 17:43 PM

This is going way too technical.
Can someone just explainn with a dmg curve of the paradropped svt, post a cons.grens.ce.rifles same curve and let data speak for itself?

Its not that hard to understand that a weapon upgrade can be in the end a weapon downgrade, at best a dps curve change.

Maybe the point is showing how drastycal the change is, in wich direction and if it is contained or not exploitable in ridiculous ways.

Edit: @vipper i counted 5 svts and 1 mosin. The mosin is harder to see but you can idetify it by the nozzle and the cleaning stick

Dunno how to post graphs but you can easily check it in coh2db.com.

I can only assume they use penals STV (the only one i think, shared for other units already) and used that as reference.

STV is an upgrade at all ranges over cons mosin.

24 Mar 2019, 17:46 PM

I don't know if it has been posted yet, but as asked by distrofio

https://coh2db.com/stats/#97

There should be a graph with both dps curves to compare.

If it doesn't work

https://imgur.com/a/GekOTUr
24 Mar 2019, 18:02 PM

You are correct.

The SVT is superior to Conscripts, CE, R.E. Ro.E and the many SMG and work great with flamers since the squad will A move to good a distance.

Imo the ability is bound to create problems with engineer type units spam.

On the other hand for many units the ability will be a down grade.

Unless relic decided to create a single solution for weapon that can be picked up (either other weapon for each squad or modifiers) the abilities should not be part of the game.

If the aim is to give SVT to conscripts/CE simply give them an SVT upgrade. (Actually it would be a better option than the current 3ppsh especially since conscripts can with implementation get 3SVT+3PPsh getting Assault Guards DPS.)
24 Mar 2019, 18:22 PM

I don't know if it has been posted yet, but as asked by distrofio

Thank you. Ill check those up real quick
24 Mar 2019, 18:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2019, 18:02 PMVipper

Imo the ability is bound to create problems with engineer type units spam.

How?

Engineer units do not have combat scaling, the ones who did, got that gutted and non soviet engineers have access to much better, stock weapon upgrades in form of bren, vickers and BAR.

If RETs with dual BARs and REs with vickers are non viable options, much weaker SVTs will most certainly not change that.

SVT flamer CEs will be only marginally better then current flamer CEs, sweeper CEs and raw CEs will benefit the most as it'll be actually possible for them to vet up.
24 Mar 2019, 18:47 PM

Well, with the data provided i got this
Penals SVT vs Cons Mosin

Penals SVT vs Riflemen M1

Penals SVT vs RET carbines on the move and standing dps

Penals SVT vs Royal engineers sten gun

Edit: fixed upgrade %, sry my bad. Added RE sten gun vs svt
I am now going to take into account the 3 svts to each squad
24 Mar 2019, 19:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2019, 18:37 PMKatitof

How?

Engineer units do not have combat scaling,

CE have a 20% and 15% accuracy bonus

An SVT fired from vet 3 combat engineers has a mid range accuracy that is only 0.2 less than VET 3 penals, and that's for the cheapest unit in game that happens to carry 2 rifles of those and a flamethrower on top of that.

It will be absolutely broken, no different from rear flamer with bar
24 Mar 2019, 19:08 PM

CE have a 20% and 15% accuracy bonus

An SVT fired from vet 3 combat engineers has a mid range accuracy that is only 0.2 less than VET 3 penals, and that's for the cheapest unit in game that happens to carry 2 rifles of those and a flamethrower on top of that.

It will be absolutely broken.

SVT give 3 SVT riflers so you can have:
RE x3SVT +1 flamer +1 M1 carbine at vet 3
or
RE x3SVT +rifle grenade+1 M1 carbine at vet 3
or
Sapper 2 vickers K+3 SVT
Or
Sapper 1 Flamer +3 SVT+ Bren
or
C.E. Flamer +3 SVT
or
Commando 1 bren+3SVT+1 sten

and so on...
24 Mar 2019, 19:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2019, 19:08 PMVipper

SVT give 3 SVT riflers so you can have:
RE x3SVT +1 flamer +1 M1 carbine at vet 3
or
RE x3SVT +rifle grenade+1 M1 carbine at vet 3
or
Sapper 2 vickers K+3 SVT
Or
Sapper 1 Flamer +3 SVT+ Bren
or
C.E. Flamer +3 SVT
or
Commando 1 bren+3SVT+1 sten

and so on...

Even more broken is that's the case.

Why are they scared of just saying they want to give cons stv and cut this Bull*# lmao

Add a direct upgrade and be done with it.
24 Mar 2019, 19:13 PM

Even more broken is that's the case.

Why are they scared of just saying they want to give cons stv and cut this Bull*# lmao

Add a direct upgrade and be done with it.

Replacing the PPsh upgrade with SVT upgrade might actually work, but beign able to get 3 ppsh and 3 SVT is not a good idea...

This mechanic of dropping weapon should be avoid unless a system of different weapon performance in different units is implemented.
24 Mar 2019, 19:15 PM

guys take a moment i fixed both images and numbers, check Royal engies DPS with SVTs...
24 Mar 2019, 19:19 PM

guys take a moment i fixed both images and numbers, check Royal engies DPS with SVTs...

Yep, just one of the reasons why airdrop weapons doesn't work.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS