Login

russian armor

New Commander patchnotes discussion thread

PAGES (15)down
JB.
23 Mar 2019, 23:12 PM

Most of the changes seem pretty good.

With Ostheer I'd like to see the P4 replaced by the Luchs, buildable from T2 after battle phase 2. Ost already has plenty of tank options, the P4 doesn't seem to offer any additional strategic dimension. Moreover, their largest gap is in aggressive light vehicle play. Perhaps it might even be an idea of bundling radio silence into radio intercept. Together these would present a commander with a strong aggressive playstyle in mind.
24 Mar 2019, 02:38 AM

Is it good idea to give the elite Airborne Guard camoflage right of the bat or vet 1, and as Crecer metion why elite airborne did not have any heavy explosive stuff I wonder ?
24 Mar 2019, 12:36 PM

Since I see allot of posts about bundling thing up, I would like to point out that the objective of the new commander should not be to get the strongest abilities possible.

Having new commander dominating the meta would be a step in the wrong directions. Commander should be balanced with an average power according to each factions and allowing new strategies.
25 Mar 2019, 07:11 AM

There are so many ways to prevent schreck blobbs:

- make schreck in line with all other hand AT
Or
- give a maximal aviable per player: maybe 3 or 4 schrecks can given..after that the schreck will blocked to upgrade
Or
- give pfussis AT rifles copys from PTRS AND pfausts/satchels (like tommys, pio, Penals, rilfes, cavalarys etc etc)

but no...some here thinks its a very good idea to give axis no acces to prober handheld AT except on elite high pricy infantry.
In most cases allies armor can run away with a maximal damaged engine...and chase them is very risk due all this allies AT, snares and so on

25 Mar 2019, 07:37 AM

but no...some here thinks its a very good idea to give axis no acces to prober handheld AT except on elite high pricy infantry.

Works for soviets.
+OKW already has T0 invisible AT gun, they do not NEED any "proper" handheld AT, they need a small support for that ATG.
25 Mar 2019, 08:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2019, 07:37 AMKatitof

Works for soviets.
+OKW already has T0 invisible AT gun, they do not NEED any "proper" handheld AT, they need a small support for that ATG.

i can show you thousands of exmaples where you can see: ptrs works good /better than 1 single schreck and denying AT satchels while it is very good useable is a joke ...

there was yesterday some fights from ivan vs luvnest...ptrs did their work very well...while OKW AT was limitet by püppchen (often stolen) and pumas...

i cant count how often allies tanks can easily retreat with dmg engine..because thats all what axis infantry can do: use fausts...after that you must be braindead to chase with püppchen or own tanks into stachels penals, at gun and armor...
25 Mar 2019, 14:51 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Suggestions:
ukfukfBRIT. Replace M3 HTAA by AVRE. Axis has heavy tanks in the NewCom. How are you going to counterpart? therefore it is better a AVRE that allows the strategies in the matches

usfusfUSF. Replace Dozer Blades by Dodge WC51. Making barriers to cover is not very useful. is better a Dodge, which would introduce many initial strategies.

sovietssovietsSOV. Replace Airborne Rally Point by Designate Command Vehicle. Axis has heavy tanks in the NewCom. How are you going to counterpart? therefore it is better a Command Vehicle that allows the strategies in the matches
25 Mar 2019, 15:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2019, 14:51 PMcapiqua

Suggestions:
ukfukfBRIT. Replace M3 HTAA by AVRE. Axis has heavy tanks in the NewCom. How are you going to counterpart? therefore it is better a AVRE that allows the strategies in the matches

usfusfUSF. Replace Dozer Blades by Dodge WC51. Making barriers to cover is not very useful. is better a Dodge, which would introduce many initial strategies.

sovietssovietsSOV. Replace Airborne Rally Point by Designate Command Vehicle. Axis has heavy tanks in the NewCom. How are you going to counterpart? therefore it is better a Command Vehicle that allows the strategies in the matches

I really like the idea of AVRE in this commander it fits with that "urban" assault theme but it will be a bit OP with Thompson Tommy (complete shut down of Axis infantry).

USF - I say no - this doctrine is lacking that "punch" and jeep is mainly a "hit & run" tactic.

Soviet - LOVE the idea but will this fit the theme?
25 Mar 2019, 15:17 PM

I really like the idea of AVRE in this commander it fits with that "urban" assault theme but it will be a bit OP with Thompson Tommy (complete shut down of Axis infantry).

USF - I say no - this doctrine is lacking that "punch" and jeep is mainly a "hit & run" tactic.

Soviet - LOVE the idea but will this fit the theme?

The Soviet Airborne Forces had separate tank battalions (consisting of 50 tanks) armed with amphibious T-37/38 and T-40 tanks. Of course, some of these tanks will be commanders to control the battalion. Could be T-70 or Valentine commander tank will be more useful.

25 Mar 2019, 15:19 PM

Maybe it is too late and arrogant. I still think that my proposal is more relevant, flexible, viable and historical.
25 Mar 2019, 15:27 PM

The Bofors could be interesting, but I think it'd have to be reworked as a unit.

The upshot to that is you also rework the Bofors for all of UKF.
25 Mar 2019, 15:31 PM

Bofors for Soviets sounds like a nice idea since their only AA option is the Quad HT and they lack a stationary MG emplacement but with the amount of hate the unit gets on the Brits I doubt it.

As far as the Churchill AVRE goes for the Brits it doesn't fit the "lend-lease" theme of the commander sadly.

25 Mar 2019, 15:35 PM

Bofors for Soviets sounds like a nice idea since their only AA option is the Quad HT and they lack a stationary MG emplacement but with the amount of hate the unit gets on the Brits I doubt it.

As far as the Churchill AVRE goes for the Brits it doesn't fit the "lend-lease" theme of the commander sadly.

The fact is that Soviet engineers worse repair then British and there is no such synergy as with other British structures and commanders.
Plus, this commander was push finally buff IS-2.
25 Mar 2019, 15:44 PM

I don't think the commander needs to be 100% lend lease - I mean the Soviet one had DSHK machine guns.
25 Mar 2019, 15:46 PM

I don't think the commander needs to be 100% lend lease - I mean the Soviet one had DSHK machine guns.

That was made by Relic a long time ago however, these ones are being made by the community team so I'm not sure how strict they want to go with the themes. Just putting out observations is all.
25 Mar 2019, 16:19 PM

Has Bofors been fixed to function as AA yet?
25 Mar 2019, 17:46 PM

Has Bofors been fixed to function as AA yet?

it have enough AA power for its low pricetag..while fighting armys with no problems. show me a other unit which cost so less and can do nearly the same
25 Mar 2019, 19:56 PM

No, I mean, does it actually shoot up in the air to hit planes?

Because it used to be bugged.
ddd
25 Mar 2019, 20:00 PM

No, I mean, does it actually shoot up in the air to hit planes?

Because it used to be bugged.

Its shooting at planes but deals 0 damage. Cant shoot down planes. From what i heard it was done on purpose by relic.
25 Mar 2019, 21:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2019, 20:00 PMddd

Its shooting at planes but deals 0 damage. Cant shoot down planes. From what i heard it was done on purpose by relic.

Thx for the info m80.

This game is weird.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment