Login

russian armor

Thoughts on Panzergrenadiers

PAGES (21)down
13 Apr 2019, 09:59 AM

What ever changes PGs get they should have reinforcement (and maybe built time) reduced.
13 Apr 2019, 10:29 AM

Is that ability even useful? Because as far as I remember it trashes your cav rifles damage and speed too, even more so than the other squad.

In a 1v1, no, it's not. The idea is you have a second squad with the Cav Rifles to put the damage out.

In practice, USF doesn't have many targets for it: I can't think of many infantry matchups where Cavs aren't more effective pumping damage out.

Put it on an Ost unit and you can use it on Shocks, Rangers and Thompson Paratroopers though.
14 Apr 2019, 03:45 AM

But people itt said pgren rush never works and grens are mandatory...

Erm you can build them as your fourth unit. Considering they utterly demolish cons etc I think timing is fine

https://youtu.be/8EqdhgfMXSg
14 Apr 2019, 03:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2019, 09:59 AMVipper
What ever changes PGs get they should have reinforcement (and maybe built time) reduced.

Why should they come any earlier? Watch the timing in the vid I just posted
14 Apr 2019, 04:30 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

But people said pgren rush never works and grens are mandatory...

Erm you can build them as your fourth unit. Considering they utterly demolish cons etc I think timing is fine

4 min 18 sec is crazy fast, and it usually doesn't happen that way. 5-6 min is the more usual timing.

As a person who almost exclusively plays T2 rush as WM, Cons are not the issue. The issue is when they are matched up against Riflemen with weapon upgrades, IS with weapon upgrades (bolstered sections alone are difficult to beat), and any of the elite infantry the allies can field.

I would say that timing might be helpful, as it closes the gap between when you can field PGrens (which are supposed to match up against somewhat vetted stock infantry). However, I would say that the main issue is not timing.
14 Apr 2019, 05:20 AM

Because getting a 4th squad only to trash cons is super useful as OH after min 5.
Yeah, sure.
14 Apr 2019, 07:53 AM

Why should they come any earlier? Watch the timing in the vid I just posted

Their timing and the time to reinforce and to built are completely different issues.
14 Apr 2019, 08:02 AM

And now the Soviet shock troops is the only
Soviet actual unit: For the OKW with their STG-44 volkss and sturm pioneers you should have it, and with the early panzer grenadiers the Soviets have no alternative as soon as the shock troops.
14 Apr 2019, 08:20 AM

If soviet went T1 instead of con memes, the game wouldn't even last 5 minutes as M3 would dominate ost so hard, he'd just be reinfrocing everything at HQ being dried out of resources and cut of off whole map.
14 Apr 2019, 12:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2019, 08:20 AMKatitof

If soviet went T1 instead of con memes, the game wouldn't even last 5 minutes as M3 would dominate ost so hard, he'd just be reinfrocing everything at HQ being dried out of resources and cut of off whole map.

Isn't that the risk of any strategy? Pick Soviet Soviet sniper and Ost player build ostruppen and dominates the map...

Fact is you can rush them pretty damn early when some posters in this thread say they come out the same time as T-70 or vet double BAR rifles
14 Apr 2019, 12:41 PM

4 min 18 sec is crazy fast, and it usually doesn't happen that way. 5-6 min is the more usual timing.

As a person who almost exclusively plays T2 rush as WM, Cons are not the issue. The issue is when they are matched up against Riflemen with weapon upgrades, IS with weapon upgrades (bolstered sections alone are difficult to beat), and any of the elite infantry the allies can field.

I would say that timing might be helpful, as it closes the gap between when you can field PGrens (which are supposed to match up against somewhat vetted stock infantry). However, I would say that the main issue is not timing.

If you watch the video you'll see vet 3 pgrens wiping plenty of vet shocks. Which some people on this forum argue are the most OP allied elites.

If they can tear through shocks why can't they deal with commandos or Tommies?

Double BAR vet rifles can fight 1vs1 but why shouldn't they be able to with the muni and upgrade investment? Even then I would argue pgrens are better due to having the commando nuke grenade.

Really why I am posting what I am because I fear you guys will unleash another Jaeger situation on us. And before you know it it's going to be pgren rush and nothing else but this time they will be non doc.
14 Apr 2019, 12:52 PM

Because getting a 4th squad only to trash cons is super useful as OH after min 5.
Yeah, sure.

The one squad carried him despite him doing a dumb play and falling for a barbed wire house losing his second pgren almost instantly after he built it.

But hey let's put them in tier 1 what could go wrong
14 Apr 2019, 13:29 PM

If you watch the video you'll see vet 3 pgrens wiping plenty of vet shocks. Which some people on this forum argue are the most OP allied elites.

I did. The Shocks clumped up on a bundle grenade.
14 Apr 2019, 14:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2019, 13:29 PMLago

I did. The Shocks clumped up on a bundle grenade.

We all know that it wasn't because Geballte is so strong, it ws simply bad played by soviet player.
14 Apr 2019, 19:13 PM

They were two vet 1 shocks vs two vet 3 pgrens. The soviet made the mistake of moving one of the shock squads out of green cover when the grenade was thrown, but he was way too late with retreating anyway.

The soviet would've been much better off going guards and bleeding the pgrens n' pio army from a distance. Pgrens are quite good against an overly agressive shock player.
14 Apr 2019, 19:13 PM

Really why I am posting what I am because I fear you guys will unleash another Jaeger situation on us. And before you know it it's going to be pgren rush and nothing else but this time they will be non doc.

Speaking based on feelings its a bad idea to begin with, add on top of that the bias and voila!
Complete unconstructive comment
14 Apr 2019, 22:13 PM

Permanently Banned
OMG I did NOT see these pgren changes coming. These changes are even better than what most people asked for. Stug changes are just what the doctor ordered. Like I've been preaching, smaller target size, and slightly faster speed, NOT more armor, RoF or pen. These changes are just perfect. Hope the Ostwind buffs are for real this time. Assuming that these buffs work as intended, I have to thank the balance team for finally acknowledging that something needed to be done with several important units for Ostheer. I've been probably the most critical of their neglect of Ost for a very long time.
15 Apr 2019, 01:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2019, 10:29 AMLago

In a 1v1, no, it's not. The idea is you have a second squad with the Cav Rifles to put the damage out.

In practice, USF doesn't have many targets for it: I can't think of many infantry matchups where Cavs aren't more effective pumping damage out.

Put it on an Ost unit and you can use it on Shocks, Rangers and Thompson Paratroopers though.

I'm all for combined arms and stuff but if you're 2v1 then you might as well just facerush them with thompsons anyway.

That's an interesting point actually. It'd be a pretty potent counter to allied cqb infantry.
15 Apr 2019, 06:04 AM

They already have good AI. armour and to the last man relies too much on RNG and that's not what they need they need reliability. A damage reduction would give a straight reliable durability buff without loops and hoops and the possibility that they do nothing entirely. Armour adds another dice to them that can still say fuck you if it wants to. Damage reduction is guaranteed.

I dont like dmg reduction on rangers.
I'd rather less units have it, not more.
15 Apr 2019, 06:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2019, 07:35 AMKatitof

I was ranked 47 in axis and 64 in allies in 2s, when my 2v2 mate was still alive, but suit yourself.

your last game was in this game status:
blobb sov mgs and you autowin.
play with THE pro mg-spammer and you dont even need clue from this game.
PAGES (21)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 61
Germany 22
unknown 19

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %