Login

russian armor

Partisans

15 Mar 2019, 14:23 PM

They are bad unit atm. 4 man squads (in faction with 6 man per squad formation), hard to vet and hard to preserve. Reinforcement cost also overpriced. AT-partisans overpriced themselves due to the fact that panzerschreck cost MP (affecting cost of the unit and cost of their reinforcement) and they take to much popcap for such unit. Good utility and quite good vet (on AT-partisans), but that's, pretty much, all.

I think that partisans should be 5 man squad, which would have 5 Mosins after spawn, can be upgraded with 4 PPSh or 1 panzerschreck for muni. AT-partisans removed (Partisan Tactics gains new ability instead) or replaced with new partisans (in Reserve Army). Cost, vet, pop - all adjusted.

Other idea is to turn partisans into pathfinder/JLI analogue with mosins and 1-2 scoped G43 (possibly an upgrade). And some improvements for AT-partisans, not sure which. Maybe they should get 1 penals' profile PTRS rifle (in addition to panzerschreck) for free.

Finally, their muni upgrade for RA could make a comeback. But I am not sure if it make them even slightly better.

Your thoughts about partisans?
15 Mar 2019, 14:29 PM

They are fair, but they need to have the option to get merged by cons, so they can reduce their reinforce cost indirectly
15 Mar 2019, 15:45 PM

i tend to think partisans are pretty much just offmap strikes you control and cost mp. enemy has mg conviniently next to a building+ pop partisans out, kill it and steal it. enemy has light vehicle trimping away? spawn tank hunters and turn it into a toast.

But i agree i think they could use some buffs to be used more reasonably as proper ambush unit.
15 Mar 2019, 16:25 PM

i tend to think partisans are pretty much just offmap strikes you control and cost mp. enemy has mg conviniently next to a building+ pop partisans out, kill it and steal it. enemy has light vehicle trimping away? spawn tank hunters and turn it into a toast.

The thing is that they still take pop (6 MP per minute for normal full partisan squad and 12 for AT-partisans) and cost too much MP to reinforce. And you're getting it on the unit, which can't fight properly. So your either lose them (which turns them in to MP sink and can gift your opponent with a schreck) or keep them as quite useless pop.

Yeah, they can ambush, but they are neither SMG stormtroopers nor commandos, so their efficienty in that role is not really impressive.
15 Mar 2019, 16:26 PM

Partisans cost more to reinforce than conscripts from what I remember. I don't know if its an oversight since the unit has seen many iterations throughout coh2 history. I'd be nice to have be able to merge with conscripts .
15 Mar 2019, 16:50 PM

Doctrinal unit changes only come with commander reworks *unless they are nerfs*, unfortunately "community" voted for boring NKVD doctrine because of "muh commisar" instead of changing far more interesting (but underpowered) Partysan commander, which means no reworks for them
15 Mar 2019, 17:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2019, 16:50 PMKirrik
Doctrinal unit changes only come with commander reworks

Not sure if that's really true. Lets wait for another two-three relatively big patches.

I personally think they should make "Stock" patch at certain point. Ostwind, Comet, Kubel and other stuff.
jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2019, 16:50 PMKirrik
boring NKVD doctrine

Well, it wasn't really bad doctrine and it wasn't really useless. I would say in 2v2-4v4 it was quite solid choice. But current NKVD is also interesting and quite unique.

And it's not like Partisan Tactics is useless. It's quite powerful. But one of the main reasons to choose the doctrine, partisans, is on the level where using him will cripple you worser, than those can cripple your opponent.
15 Mar 2019, 17:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2019, 16:25 PMQeit

The thing is that they still take pop (6 MP per minute for normal full partisan squad and 12 for AT-partisans) and cost too much MP to reinforce. And you're getting it on the unit, which can't fight properly. So your either lose them (which turns them in to MP sink and can gift your opponent with a schreck) or keep them as quite useless pop.

Yeah, they can ambush, but they are neither SMG stormtroopers nor commandos, so their efficienty in that role is not really impressive.

Then just throw a moltov on them if you don't want tgem
15 Mar 2019, 17:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2019, 16:25 PMQeit

well they cost much less what did u expect ? they have a similar dps curve to the assault green but have camo i say it's fair, just let them merge so u can fix the high reinforce cost but only spamming them does not work
15 Mar 2019, 17:31 PM

Then just throw a moltov on them if you don't want tgem

MP sink? They not choosen in the first place.
well they cost much less what did u expect ? they have a similar dps curve to the assault green but have camo i say it's fair, just let them merge so u can fix the high reinforce cost but only spamming them does not work

I never had said they should perform on the same level. And even with camo they not that good.
The thing is even not spamming them works bad.
16 Mar 2019, 01:33 AM

Partisans are quite good for their cost / role. The problem is that they are bad after their initial infiltration spawn. After a while the player becomes stuck with a bunch of squads that do not scale well and can't be used as regular infantry.

What might work is them getting access to Merge.

They would spawn, do their one job, maybe a second ambush somewhere, and after they become a burden they can be used to reinforce other squads so the by now useless Partisan squad can be gotten rid of while getting some of their manpower cost back.
16 Mar 2019, 08:44 AM

Maybe lower their vet bonuses as much as needed and give them 5th man at vet3 or even just leave current bonuses and vet3 5th man.

They won't suddently become shocks or storms and they'll have at least something to say in late game.

If 5th man is bad idea, reduce reinforce cost at vet3.
16 Mar 2019, 18:18 PM

What might work is them getting access to Merge.

They would spawn, do their one job, maybe a second ambush somewhere, and after they become a burden they can be used to reinforce other squads so the by now useless Partisan squad can be gotten rid of while getting some of their manpower cost back.

That's interesting idea, but it kinda goes away from "preserve your units" philosophy. And that kind of merge would be really costly.

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2019, 08:44 AMKatitof
Maybe lower their vet bonuses as much as needed and give them 5th man at vet3 or even just leave current bonuses and vet3 5th man.

They won't suddently become shocks or storms and they'll have at least something to say in late game.

If 5th man is bad idea, reduce reinforce cost at vet3.

They hard to vet, so vet 3 most likely don't do it. Maybe vet 2 or even vet 1.
16 Mar 2019, 18:45 PM
Patrion 310

How about spawn at 3 models, can be reinforced to 5 and possibly a reinforcement cost adjustment?
16 Mar 2019, 20:58 PM

How about spawn at 3 models, can be reinforced to 5 and possibly a reinforcement cost adjustment?

I also had thought of this, but not sure how they will perform at their infiltration role. But it had worked for commandos.
17 Mar 2019, 11:49 AM

Why would they spawn at 3?

They already got all and any of their shock value removed by ppsh nerf and nades on cd.
17 Mar 2019, 12:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2019, 11:49 AMKatitof

Why would they spawn at 3?

They already got all and any of their shock value removed by ppsh nerf and nades on cd.

What PPsh nerfs would that be that affected Partisan?

Cd on grenades is global change for all infiltration units and does not only effect Partisans.
17 Mar 2019, 12:59 PM

Partisans are in a weird place where any small buffs would transform them into monsters like before even though I do think they are weak now.
17 Mar 2019, 13:47 PM

A reinforce cost and/or upkeep reduction would be great for sure

17 Mar 2019, 19:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2019, 12:57 PMVipper

What PPsh nerfs would that be that affected Partisan?

Cd on grenades is global change for all infiltration units and does not only effect Partisans.

The ones which were made after partisan buff.
I'm 100% positive you know how to read patch notes yourself.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★