Login

russian armor

USF got too many buffs

• This thread is locked
PAGES (10)down
11 Mar 2019, 20:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2019, 13:18 PMVipper

No you are playing 4vs4 which is an arty fest and I am playing 2vs2.

They are pretty good in 4v4 in my experience now, their infantry excels with the extra munitions you get for bars and while Airborne or Infantry company are kinda needed for 4v4 both of those doctrines are super dominant. Also while having the best scaling infantry they have arguably the best support weapons on the allied side. 50 Cal, 57 mm and pak howi are all incredibly good.

Also the USF at gun is amazing against LVs which helps a lot in team games.
11 Mar 2019, 20:48 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Are you telling me #USFOP? no way dude. #USFNEVEROP

Kappa

On an actual serious note though, if you abuse every factions cheese, the game is just an incomplete fuck load of making you want to throw your keyboards through your monitors. If you don't abuse all the cheesey crap, yeah USF is probably a bit too good.
Point is, All factions have hilariously over the top crap currently which is zero fun to play against (and some with cough* raketens). So long as cheesey crap exists though, can't really start nerfing major unit composition contributors.
11 Mar 2019, 23:54 PM

I guess USF being finally functional and able to put a good fight a bit too much.
12 Mar 2019, 00:44 AM

Probably the main issue right now with USF is the amount of units that they can deploy in very little time with teching, removing free officers probably would be the easiest fix, make them purchasable units and give them some abilities to compensate like at grenade. Also give usf normal mines already lol
12 Mar 2019, 02:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2019, 00:44 AMLuciano
Probably the main issue right now with USF is the amount of units that they can deploy in very little time with teching, removing free officers probably would be the easiest fix, make them purchasable units and give them some abilities to compensate like at grenade. Also give usf normal mines already lol

Volks will still outfield a USF player, having faster buildtimes and whatnot.
Free officers aren't free tho. You have to pay the tech cost for them (i.e Major 120 FU 200MP) and take a pretty long time to build.
Given, if you lose them they only cost MP to replace, but build time is still the same.
Removing officers will seriously hurt, tbh.
12 Mar 2019, 02:54 AM

Free officers aren't free tho. You have to pay the tech cost for them (i.e Major 120 FU 200MP) and take a pretty long time to build.
Given, if you lose them they only cost MP to replace, but build time is still the same.

Allied unit comes with tech up -> it's not free.
Axis units get the option to snare and upgrade with tech up -> it's free.
Okay then. As on topic, USF does feel pretty op but that's mostly because of doctrines imo, free officers should stay. Riflemen might struggle a bit against Volks in the early game but buffing Riflemen or making them cheaper will just cause more problems, Volks should be changed instead and OKW possibly reworked.
12 Mar 2019, 02:55 AM

You are taking only okw to the equation, while usf outfields ostheer too. It doesnt matter too much if you outfield the enemy if everyone rushes 50 cals. The only problem I find with USF vs OKW matchup is the disparity between the sturmpioneers and the enemy squads, which is not that big compared to the one with soviets and combat engineers. All other factions have to pay for tech but they dont get a squad with it, hence, its free. If officers stop being free probably sturmpioneers should get some nerfs too.
12 Mar 2019, 03:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2019, 02:54 AMFarlon

Allied unit comes with tech up -> it's not free.
Axis units get the option to snare and upgrade with tech up -> it's free.
Okay then. As on topic, USF does feel pretty op but that's mostly because of doctrines imo, free officers should stay. Riflemen might struggle a bit against Volks in the early game but buffing Riflemen or making them cheaper will just cause more problems, Volks should be changed instead and OKW possibly reworked.

the officers can be seen as a burden is why i think people see it that way. they take up pop and bleed for what? a rifle squad who trades their snare for smoke. if they were halfway unique people might view it differntly.

its like guards coming with PTRS before they buffed them to be not shit against infantry- sure pgrens pay for their AT but i dont WANT the damn thing.

its all perspective

id much rather the officers be something the USF player wants to build and actually have to build them than be something they are forced to use.
12 Mar 2019, 03:16 AM

LT with the Free BAR was an Officer worth (re)Purchasing.
12 Mar 2019, 07:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2019, 00:44 AMLuciano
Probably the main issue right now with USF is the amount of units that they can deploy in very little time with teching

Yeah that´s what I mean.
12 Mar 2019, 08:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2019, 19:29 PMGiaA
. Airborne weapon Drops are vastly overrated. If you take reinforcement cost for initial crewing into account you get close to the normal price.

You forget that airborne weapon drops can be crewed by Pathfinders for extra vision. On open maps like Crossing for example that´s insanely good.
12 Mar 2019, 08:31 AM

wasnt USF the most picked faction in the last tournement?
12 Mar 2019, 08:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2019, 02:55 AMLuciano

You are taking only okw to the equation, while usf outfields ostheer too. It doesnt matter too much if you outfield the enemy if everyone rushes 50 cals. The only problem I find with USF vs OKW matchup is the disparity between the sturmpioneers and the enemy squads, which is not that big compared to the one with soviets and combat engineers. All other factions have to pay for tech but they dont get a squad with it, hence, its free. If officers stop being free probably sturmpioneers should get some nerfs too.

Relic didn't removed them when they refreshed USF tech, can't see any new opportunity to do it now. You also have to take in account smoke nade that have been given to officers to mitigate riflesquad powerness, having smoke nade only on RE or units you need to purchase is quite a huge additional side nerf.
Supervision becomes also quite useless if you need to purchase the captain to use it.

Y don't see USF outfielding Ostheer when Gren cost 40mp less than rifles, usual Ostheer strat is going 1xHmG + 4xGren early game, vs 3xRM + 1 officer and then .50. Now, removing the free officer will upset even more the OKW's manpower advantage they get early game over USF.

I've always been in favor of removing free officer but that's should be part of a biggest design overall that just "let's remove them and see"
12 Mar 2019, 10:26 AM

Fact: scotts are op, there is a whole thread for that.
Another fact: USF has everything to counter OKM aswell.
Final fact: u mad bro?

Fact: It's easy to beat USF as Wehrmacht this patch.
Another fact: US is extremely vulnerable vs an aggressive OKW early game.
Final Fact: L2P
12 Mar 2019, 10:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2019, 10:26 AMGiaA

Fact: It's easy to beat USF as Wehrmacht this patch.
Another fact: US is extremely vulnerable vs an aggressive OKW early game.
Final Fact: L2P

Fact: "It´s easy to beat USF as Wehrmacht this patch." :huhsign:

Other than on some super open maps like Crossing or narrow 2v2 maps like Rails, Ost is awful vs USF this patch. That´s why Ost doesn´t even get used anymore in high level 1v1 as was apparent by the last tournaments. Not sure how you can seriously say it´s a fact that Ost easily beats USF in this patch.
12 Mar 2019, 10:47 AM

Fact: "It´s easy to beat USF as Wehrmacht this patch." :huhsign:

Other than on some super open maps like Crossing or narrow 2v2 maps like Rails, Ost is awful vs USF this patch. That´s why Ost doesn´t even get used anymore in high level 1v1 as was apparent by the last tournaments. Not sure how you can seriously say it´s a fact that Ost easily beats USF in this patch.

Well it is map dependant thats true.
But a lot of the most played 1v1 maps like Crossing, Crossroads, Langres all clearly favor wehr.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS