Login

russian armor

USF Jeep

5 Mar 2019, 01:25 AM

Can we fix the USF Jeep yet?

8 Fausts fired at it and no hits because its bugged and targeting the squad inside. Literally game breaking since it just allowed it to run down 4 squads and a sniper. The damn thing was even stationary for 2 of the fausts.
5 Mar 2019, 01:41 AM

Oh, I see. That's why my faust missed Jeep...

I have encountered this problems several times.
5 Mar 2019, 02:23 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Just win the early game and get a p4 4Head
5 Mar 2019, 06:43 AM

Invised a post

Don't disrespect devs please :)
5 Mar 2019, 07:29 AM

Imo the problem goes beyond the Faust issue.

The unit is simply OP. For 200 manpower you get both the vehicle and the crew.

That can be used in a number of way for:
Caping
attack any HMG not in garrison
Defend any point from a lone caping squad since one disembark and have 2 squad
moveable fast repair
a satchel transport
and on top of that a kamikaze mark target/barrage unit.

In addition the unit has more around x1.30 armor than Kubel.

I would suggest that the crew would become unable to disembark and that the armor is reduced even if mean increasing the HP.

The mark target and barrage should also be removed.

5 Mar 2019, 08:21 AM

IMO Jeep is fine.

Not sure but weren´t the Faust issues fixed in the last update? If not then they definitly do need to be fixed asap though.
5 Mar 2019, 09:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2019, 07:29 AMVipper
Imo the problem goes beyond the Faust issue.

The unit is simply OP. For 200 manpower you get both the vehicle and the crew.

That can be used in a number of way for:
Caping
attack any HMG not in garrison
Defend any point from a lone caping squad since one disembark and have 2 squad
moveable fast repair
a satchel transport
and on top of that a kamikaze mark target/barrage unit.

In addition the unit has more around x1.30 armor than Kubel.

I would suggest that the crew would become unable to disembark and that the armor is reduced even if mean increasing the HP.

The mark target and barrage should also be removed and usf as a whole faction.

Why u so hate it. Its cool commander but not really op as u think. No one use it in teamgames so i think this means commander its not op. Shermans are ok but nothing special, for late game jackson and scott are better combo. Wc51 dont save it and u if u want know barrage is bugged because if u kill truck after red flares barrage dont land and u lost 180 ammo and truck this happend to me almost three times so i give up with this commander. Imo the best part of this commander is mortar halftruck and cavalry rifleman.
5 Mar 2019, 13:55 PM

Why u so hate it.

I don't hate it. It simply OP

Its cool commander but not really op as u think. No one use it in teamgames so i think this means commander its not op. Shermans are ok but nothing special, for late game jackson and scott are better combo. Wc51 dont save it and u if u want know barrage is bugged because if u kill truck after red flares barrage dont land and u lost 180 ammo and truck this happend to me almost three times so i give up with this commander. Imo the best part of this commander is mortar halftruck and cavalry rifleman.

WC51 was buffed to justify taking up 1 commander slot, now it has been merged with m3 so it does not have to be so cost efficient.

Even more so after the changes to USF tech.
5 Mar 2019, 14:11 PM

the question is that nerf is really necessary ? because people seems dont complain and its just fragile truck with great utilty only strong in first 2min. Seriously think about it. Personally i dont care even dont like it much but why nerf things just because on paper looks op. Its like someone said mechanized is op because have sooo many units but u cant have them all together because they are situational like wc51. I can agree for that price this unit is great but its not game breaker especially in teamgames.
5 Mar 2019, 15:05 PM

the question is that nerf is really necessary ? because people seems dont complain and its just fragile truck with great utilty only strong in first 2min. Seriously think about it. Personally i dont care even dont like it much but why nerf things just because on paper looks op. Its like someone said mechanized is op because have sooo many units but u cant have them all together because they are situational like wc51. I can agree for that price this unit is great but its not game breaker especially in teamgames.

Let me reverse the question, is that all utility really necessary?
Unit should be balanced regardless of faction and commander. Being a bit more cost effective for particular reason is ok, but being silly cost efficient is not.

The unit become extremely effective cost to make the commander more attractive during the first ravmp and these it little to justify is current state after the second.

Especially since the combination with cav riflemen make more op. One can easily get a squad wipe with which is many cases cost more than the WC51 itself.
5 Mar 2019, 15:36 PM

IDK, It's more OP vs. Volks spam early game and that's about the extent of it. I find that OST doesn't have have much of an issue with it between threatening it with Fausts and rushing a 222. Even then if you play conservatively with an early Raketen and mine baiting you can usually survive as OKW as long as you don't send off lone Volks to cap early game. Even Sturms have enough penetration that they can force off a poorly microed WC51. I've rarely seen WC51 used in late game because they almost never get rebuilt so I don't see the point in removing something that rarely gets used. I'd be hesitant to maybe nerf a unit into useless just because some OKW players don't #adapt to it - though I could see maybe reducing it's armor a tad just so that you can force it away with sustained small arms fire.
5 Mar 2019, 15:40 PM

How about adding Willys to the Soviet Paratroopers Commander? I saw a gif on the forum about how Willys parachuted.
5 Mar 2019, 15:59 PM

.. I've rarely seen WC51 used in late game because they almost never get rebuilt so I don't see the point in removing something that rarely gets used...

How many kubels to you see rebuilt? (or even built...)

When the unit occupied a commander slot one could try to justify it because of it.

Since then it was buffer further and merge with m3:
• WC51: 4 to 3 (pop)

WC-51

-Can now be built from the Rifle Command with a build time of 22.
-MG cooldown duration from 1.25/2 to 1.25/1.5
-MG Rate of fire multiplier from 1/0.8333/0.6667 to 1/1/1
-HMG upgrade cost from 60 to 45
-Veterancy requirement from 360/720/1440 to 300/600/1200
-Can now capture territory; Capture and decapture rate of 1.
-Mark Target and 155mm Artillery barrage range from 50 to 60.

The unit is currently simply OP.
5 Mar 2019, 16:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2019, 15:59 PMVipper

The unit is currently simply OP.

+1
5 Mar 2019, 16:47 PM

The 155 arty is cost inefficient for what it does and the mark target is only an accuracy buff + loiter.

Both of them have very little use early game but allow the unit to offer a supporting role late game.

The kubel should be given something more, rather than stripping away from the Jeep. The new axis halftrack is similar - it gets to be a reinorce point, bunker down, move mortars in the late game to stay relevent.

Of course the Kubel compares poorly, but the average kubel survives ten seconds and desperately needs some late game utility if it ever wants to see the light of day late game.

CoH2 is all about squad preservation. Units that sharply depreciate in value aren't condusive to that. The Jeep is - early game, but needs MU to upgrade (no gun until a few minutes in) and retains some usefullness late game rather than being a worthless popcap sink.

Unsure why it's 0 fuel, though. Surely it should be 5 or 10.
5 Mar 2019, 16:54 PM

The 155 arty is cost inefficient for what it does and the mark target is only an accuracy buff + loiter.

The commander ability now provides the WC51 (crew, cap, drive-by, HMG ), the M3 (reinforce, heal), mark target and off map barrage. It simply too much.

Both of them have very little use early game but allow the unit to offer a supporting role late game.

The kubel should be given something more, rather than stripping away from the Jeep. The new axis halftrack is similar - it gets to be a reinorce point, bunker down, move mortars in the late game to stay relevent.

Of course the Kubel compares poorly, but the average kubel survives ten seconds and desperately needs some late game utility if it ever wants to see the light of day late game.

CoH2 is all about squad preservation. Units that sharply depreciate in value aren't condusive to that. The Jeep is - early game, but needs MU to upgrade (no gun until a few minutes in) and retains some usefullness late game rather than being a worthless popcap sink.

Unsure why it's 0 fuel, though. Surely it should be 5 or 10.

The WC51 combined with car riflemen can easily wipe units even without the HMG.

It can also be used to kill steal any hmg not is garrison or being baby-sited by grenadier forcing even more defensive play from the opponent.

Once more in its current state the unit is simply OP.
5 Mar 2019, 16:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2019, 16:54 PMVipper

The WC51 combined with car riflemen can easily wipe units even without the HMG.

Which is why Cav Rifles are 1cp and they need another 70mu to get their Thompsons. Both upgrades take time.

By the time its all in place you should have fausts in place. But people also need to learn to defend their weapon teams and hammer retreat promptly if units are caught out of poaition by 470mp and 115mu on wheels.

That said, if you went for a 4th or 5th volk squad asap, perhaps you don't. You traded more early presence for less upgrades and a WC will punish that.

Still can't drive into OKW bases, though. Something the brits are hideously jealous of.

The Axis half track (either of them) can also be used to ambush HMGs and pop out to nick it. At vet 1 they can even use the open topped one to reinforce. This is not unique to the WC51.
5 Mar 2019, 17:08 PM

Just so everyone is clear here, this the bug section. Specficially the faust bug not connecting with the WC51.
5 Mar 2019, 17:13 PM

Just so everyone is clear here, this the bug section. Specficially the faust bug not connecting with the WC51.

We are easily distracted.

Does this happen to any other troop carrying halftracks, or is it unique to the WC?

I know it can hit models both inside the transport and, if times right, ones that have already got out. Which is hilarious to watch, may I add.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 28
Germany 744
unknown 19
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L