Login

russian armor

Discuss for the votes

PAGES (11)down
27 Feb 2019, 20:23 PM

I voted but want to make sure assault grenadiers are looked at/improved either way
27 Feb 2019, 20:50 PM

The names aren't final, right? they don't match the naming conventions very well.

I'd also like to point out that the Soviets don't have any commanders that add units at minute 0. My suggestion for that, a lend-lease Universal Carrier, gives that option. It can fill in (to a minor extent) for a scout car or maxim. Anything would be interesting to see, though.

Overall, I think adding a Soviet commander with no new abilities would be a mistake, since half of their commanders don't have any unique abilities already.

Agreed altho the Airborne Guards would technically be something new and unique for the Soviets like already mentioned but I'm not sure how they would go to combine it with a UC but in general I would like to see both yes.

Also maybe an MG nest.
27 Feb 2019, 21:06 PM

Permanently Banned
Screw new commanders. Just look at all the cheese the revamp just created. Balance is always very hard to balance. Adding more shit into the game doesn't exactly make things easier for the balance team.
27 Feb 2019, 21:15 PM

Here's my version for an OKW anti-tank commander with Panzerfüsiliers and a Tiger I.

Mechanized Offensive

Sd.Kfz. 250/1 Half-track (0 CP)
- Build at HQ for 200 manpower and 20 fuel after first truck is set up.
- Can dig in to reinforce infantry.
- Can be garrisoned, but has no MG or veterancy.
- Can sidegrade to a mortar halftrack for 60 manpower and 10 fuel, losing the ability to reinforce.

Panzer IV Ausf. F (0 CP)
- Build at Schwerer for 300 manpower and 100 fuel.
- Can switch between Stug-E shells and Command P4 shells.

Panzerfüsiliers (2 CP)
- Can be upgraded to exclusive anti-tank and anti-infantry paths.
- Can get access to shrecks and schu-mines.

Smoke Dispensers (2 CP)
- Tanks can fire their smoke dispensers for 30 munitions (same as Sherman and Valentine).

Tiger I Command Tank (14 CP)
- Based on Smartie's suggestion: https://www.coh2.org/topic/85211/new-commander-submission-wehrmacht/page/1#post_id719682
- Would affect Elite Troops's Tiger Ace.
27 Feb 2019, 21:57 PM

I can't believe so many people think command Tiger is a good idea. For balance reason this unit should take 26~30 pop cap. And player need at least 20 pop cap units (one ATG, one for snare and one for sight maybe?) to support command Tiger. As a result, a command Tiger will make player's troops extremely immobile.

No one will use command Tiger in 1V1, but it will be extremely popular in 3V3 or 4V4.
27 Feb 2019, 22:09 PM

Panther is 18 pop.
Command Panther is 19 pop.
Tiger is 21 pop.
Tiger ace is 26 pop.

The Tiger command tank pop would be between Tiger and Tiger Ace, considering the command Tiger wouldn't be the self-spotting, mega health, super speed, instareload beast that the Tiger Ace is.
27 Feb 2019, 22:16 PM

I dont know if this suggestion has been made already, but my idea to revamp assault grenadiers is:

Once battlephase 1 is researched, assault grenadiers have access to a 60mun upgrade which replaces all 5 MP40s with the Sturmpioneer version of the Stg44.

Thoughts?
27 Feb 2019, 23:22 PM

I dont know if this suggestion has been made already, but my idea to revamp assault grenadiers is:

Once battlephase 1 is researched, assault grenadiers have access to a 60mun upgrade which replaces all 5 MP40s with the Sturmpioneer version of the Stg44.

Thoughts?

Imo giving QCQ units more DPS (which is the current trend) is the wrong way going about it. These units should be given tools that reduce the bleed from using them. One could have them become more durable/have the cost less to reinforce or use (which already test and worked) active abilities like the "Diversion" in artillery officer.

These tools would allow these unit to be balanced better.
27 Feb 2019, 23:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2019, 23:22 PMVipper

Giving QCQ units more DPS (which is the current trend) is the wrong way going about it. These units should be given tools that reduce the bleed from using them. One could have them become more durable/have the cost less to reinforce or use (which already test and worked) active abilities like the "Diversion" in artillery officer.

These tools would allow these unit to be balanced better.

Good point, that might actually be true
28 Feb 2019, 00:45 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Stuff I've tossed around with Mp 40s in general for the artillery officer, Volks, and Assault Grenadiers are:

-Better on the move capabilities than other SMGs
-Bumping up only their mid-range DPS rather than short-range as currently Grease Guns blow them away so you can have somewhere to fight other SMGs to compensate for having the worst near DPS outside builder SMGs and Conscript PPsH.

On Assault Grenadiers themselves, there was one idea of a six man squad after BP 2/3 who might make them stronger like Veteran Squad Leaders from Infantry.

Other upgrades could just be raw stat boosts in the late game rather than weapon upgrades. I doubt their veterancy itself needs a massive rework as they would still get clubbed if you needed to bring new squads onto the field.

I also had the dumb idea of Bundle Grenade Assault :P.

Also no more StGs, we got enough of those.
28 Feb 2019, 01:07 AM

What are new commanders going to fix?

Other than the problem that X amount of time has passed since the last commander fix/release/revamp?
28 Feb 2019, 01:29 AM

Stuff I've tossed around with Mp 40s in general for the artillery officer, Volks, and Assault Grenadiers are:

-Better on the move capabilities than other SMGs
-Bumping up only their mid-range DPS rather than short-range as currently Grease Guns blow them away so you can have somewhere to fight other SMGs to compensate for having the worst near DPS outside builder SMGs and Conscript PPsH.

On Assault Grenadiers themselves, there was one idea of a six man squad after BP 2/3 who might make them stronger like Veteran Squad Leaders from Infantry.

Other upgrades could just be raw stat boosts in the late game rather than weapon upgrades. I doubt their veterancy itself needs a massive rework as they would still get clubbed if you needed to bring new squads onto the field.

I also had the dumb idea of Bundle Grenade Assault :P.

Also no more StGs, we got enough of those.

Imo increasing the mid DPS of smgs a step in the wrong direction. The problem is not their damage out put but their bleed.

One should make the DPS of other weapon flat (or even reverse in some cases) bellow 15-5 range (depending on the type) while make the DPS curve of SMG linear increasing bellow 10. That would make the weapons trade better at point blank giving these unit a clear advantage when they achieve point blank.

Imo active abilities increasing durability that scale with veterancy is one of the best tools to allow this to close the distance. It will make the better without being OP due to time restriction of the ability.
28 Feb 2019, 03:55 AM

USF rifle company
1 slot for Flare and 1 slot for Fire up

and OKW user want mp40 package blitzkreig skill same slot

hmm, interesting.
28 Feb 2019, 05:23 AM

About Assault Grenadiers:
I think we have to discuss first the arrival time of the unit Before getting too specific into the different upgrade options.
I personally would prefer that the unit comes a little bit later (1CP) but is on the same level like Cavalry riflemen[/b.]
28 Feb 2019, 05:54 AM

Permanently Banned
I'd like to see pgrens have their pop cap reduced to 8, or at least have that as a vet bonus ie. at vet 2 or 3, pop cap 9 -> 8. Many ost players just get a lot of grens. It's disheartening seeing double bar rifles (7 pop) regularly beat a 9 pop unit after range 20. 5man bren sections which are only 8 pop are also mostly superior to pgrens. The pop cap efficiency is nowhere near what it should be for pgrens.
28 Feb 2019, 07:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2019, 03:55 AMPapier
USF rifle company

hmm, interesting.

The feature creep in general in the proposals was seriously out of hand.

I just have to hope the team that builds the actual commanders takes those powerhouse wet dreams and makes then something more measured.

And that the 'command' Tigers we no doubt see have the UKF approach. Combat potential severely reduced to allow for bonuses. Even if I hate the blob-encouraging commanders to begin with. Did CoH1 teach us nothing.
28 Feb 2019, 08:16 AM

Tiger commander tank is insane

that is so greedy

choose one between tiger tank and command pz4

or....

just dont delete resource penalty

i always thinking Tiger ace resource penalty is too heavy but tiger tank with commander buff is not the same thing

that will be quite OP
28 Feb 2019, 08:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2019, 03:55 AMPapier
USF rifle company

hmm, interesting.

+1
28 Feb 2019, 08:35 AM

What are new commanders going to fix?

Other than the problem that X amount of time has passed since the last commander fix/release/revamp?

They aren't supposed to fix anything, but to provide another viable playstyle.
28 Feb 2019, 08:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2019, 08:35 AMKatitof
They aren't supposed to fix anything, but to provide another viable playstyle.

And with some creativity, they might be able to revive some of the old under/unused commanders by changing some overlapping units/abilities. Such as Assault Grenadiers.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS