Login

russian armor

Nerf the DAMN SECTOR ASSAULT

22 Feb 2019, 13:40 PM

I don't think I have to explain a lot here.
It's extremely op, big diameter of effect, instapins every unit, does about half(or more) damage to tanks (I thought removing bombs was supposed to make it less powerful?).

If that's not enough, it lasts forever.
Every single game, they keep spamming that shit although it costs 200 muni, all you do, is back off from the whole map and wait, wait, and wait...until it's over... and when you think it's over... IT'S NOT! there is a 4th plane still flying around for a few seconds after and will shoot all your unit still.

This thing is broken, braindead, and gets on my nerves, because from way before the last nerf I had not many problems with jaegers but sector assault more than anything.

The last nerf is not good, it's not even a nerf you made it much better than it was by adding a 4th plane, for fuck sake, nerf this thing for good.
22 Feb 2019, 13:52 PM

200mu? You can get a single, non tracking bombing run if you're Soviet.

180mu gets you a single USF artillery barrage.

250mu nets you a few scatteted but big railway arty shells for OST or USF

250mu* gets you an absolute murder den of anti-everything #JustOKWThings

Only Air Supremacy comes anywhere close, and that doesn't chase, it just picks a random line and nukes it after 30 seconds.
ddd
22 Feb 2019, 14:06 PM

It costs 250 muni tho, no?
22 Feb 2019, 14:13 PM

yes 250mu, but the ability to be at the same time AT and AI is bullshit.
22 Feb 2019, 14:14 PM

From what I can see, the direction they're taking with Sector Assault is trying to make it an aircraft-based Zeroing Arty: that sort of firepower, but you can shoot down the planes.

The first revamped Sector Assault was definitely that, but had problems where the bomber could end up tracking retreating units and targeting your base.

This change maintains the firepower but resolves that problem.

That, and all the planes actually have models now.
22 Feb 2019, 14:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2019, 13:40 PMCresc
(I thought removing bombs was supposed to make it less powerful?)

Don't know why you'd think that, as the patch notes do not state that.

Sector Assault
This ability has received changes to make it perform more consistently and predictably, while removing its ability to obliterate entire armies in some instances.

Also it's 250 munitions (might need to be bumped to 300). If you want anyone to take you serious I'd advice to do some research before posting and to actually make some decent and well presented arguments instead of randomly swearing and rambling.
22 Feb 2019, 14:29 PM

If they are going to keep it as it is currently it should probably at least be 275 - when you consider that your got the AI Strafe for just an extra 50 Munitions over OST Stuka CAS it's an incredible value. Nevermind all the synergy you got with Jaeger LOS and Flares to spot for it.

I'd also like to see the AI strafe to be reworked to be gradual suppression if possible... Mass Instant Pin that you don't have to even aim is pretty stronk.
22 Feb 2019, 14:30 PM

If I knew that staying outside the circle means I will be safe, the ability would be fine imo.

BUT the annoying thing is that the planes track inside the circle and also start bombing the shit out of tanks that drive outside once tracked.
22 Feb 2019, 14:33 PM

Yes it is 250 muni.
Not much difference either, assumig YOU LOSE ALL YOU MOMENTUM.

The mere use of this ability gives you instant control over the whole mal, since the radius is huge and you will absolutely have to hide in your base and even there you're not safe...

It's seriously pissing me off how I dominate the whole map, and they just click on button to remove all of my units, so balanced, seems legit.

It didn't take them long to render antitank overwatch useless though.
22 Feb 2019, 15:03 PM

So where is my commander for usf with thunderbolt and priest
22 Feb 2019, 15:29 PM

Don't know why you'd think that, as the patch notes do not state that.

Also it's 250 munitions (might need to be bumped to 300). If you want anyone to take you serious I'd advice to do some research before posting and to actually make some decent and well presented arguments instead of randomly swearing and rambling.

Doesn't need to be bumped to 300mu, remember Brit at release, OP stuff remains OP even at high cost. Just removing the AI strafe so you can at least keep infantry presence to hold your line. Actually dual OKW can make you unable to walk on the battlefield for 2 minutes.

Oh and even in 1vs1 I like how they nerf Reco commander for the strong synergy the AT gun and M8 had together, Sector Assault + Lefh + JLI doesn't have synergy at all... Force your opponent to retreat to his base with sector assault, helped by a JLI to gives vision and then just barrage the base with your Lefh, JLI here again provides good vision.

22 Feb 2019, 15:36 PM

You have plenty of time to build an AA unit to completely counter the current Sector Assault iteration.
22 Feb 2019, 16:42 PM

Why are people talking about bombing, it was changed to just AI/AT plane loiter with autocannon fire, right?

I'll take the current version well over the previous one any day of the week (both to use and to have it used on me).

(though I still think loiters as a whole need a rework, but that won't happen in coh2).
22 Feb 2019, 16:52 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Although it doesn't instagib with bombs anymore, I find that 4 planes, even with something which is generally good against aircraft like the centaur is just too much. I think what's most frustrating is having an AA piece and then it targets the AI strafe aircraft and then AT aircraft come and ruin it. And it's not like you can just back out instantly, the radius of the ability is massive. Plus shooting at the aircraft reveals your tank to be shot at.
22 Feb 2019, 17:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2019, 15:36 PMSully
You have plenty of time to build an AA unit to completely counter the current Sector Assault iteration.

In team games maybe but having a dedicated AA unit in 1v1 can be a tall order. UKF probably has the easiest time even though Centaur isn't super meta anymore. USF requires specific tech and a not insignificant fuel investment and the Soviet M5 is a big munitions investment and is hot garbage for anything else but AA.
22 Feb 2019, 17:14 PM

In team games maybe but having a dedicated AA unit in 1v1 can be a tall order. UKF probably has the easiest time even though Centaur isn't super meta anymore. USF requires specific tech and a not insignificant fuel investment and the Soviet M5 is a big munitions investment and is hot garbage for anything else but AA.

I'd argue that choosing to not dedicate resources to counter an expensive ability you know is coming late game is your own fault and should be punished accordingly. I don't know why anyone would think any of the Allied AA options are not useful outside of their AA role either, any light vehicle play works well vs JLI.

Don't want to be denied an area of the map for the entire ability duration? Invest in a counter.
22 Feb 2019, 17:28 PM

200mu? You can get a single, non tracking bombing run if you're Soviet.

180mu gets you a single USF artillery barrage.

250mu nets you a few scatteted but big railway arty shells for OST or USF

250mu* gets you an absolute murder den of anti-everything #JustOKWThings

Only Air Supremacy comes anywhere close, and that doesn't chase, it just picks a random line and nukes it after 30 seconds.

DIdnt you said:
If you want something better, then PAY for it?

250 muni is pretty much expensive

Just that #justalliescries
22 Feb 2019, 17:39 PM

The real problem is adding AT power to Overwatch. So now the doctrine doesn´t only counter infantry anymore like before but also vehicles. Why would you ever not go Overwatch at the moment? You can counter static play (LEFH), you get premium infantry to win infantry engagements (Jägers), you get recon and then you also get Sector Assault to bail you out against tanks. Just way too much IMO.
22 Feb 2019, 17:44 PM

No, the real problem is that you lose the whole map at the push of a single button.

It doesn't matter what this skill plane does, the fact it covers a whole portion of the map and you lose all your control is what makes it broken.

Seriously guys, how many times did you have to struggle against an OKW, until he had just thrown a skill plane in your face and you lose all the map? you had to move all your static unit, retreat your infantry and tanks, wait in your base for 2 minutes (while he may even drop Lefh artillery on your ass), meanwhile he is taking back all the map and resources you struggled to get?
22 Feb 2019, 18:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2019, 17:44 PMCresc
No, the real problem is that you lose the whole map at the push of a single button.

It doesn't matter what this skill plane does, the fact it covers a whole portion of the map and you lose all your control is what makes it broken.

The whole map? Do you actually have stats to back this claim up or are you just posting random stuff again?

Last time I checked the Sector Assault radius is about 1/4th of the smaller 1v1 maps. That leaves plenty of room to go somewhere else.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★