Login

russian armor

Upcoming CoH3 installment (Poll)

What would you prefer for the upcoming COH3?
Option Distribution Votes
43%
17%
11%
16%
9%
4%
Total votes: 75
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
18 Feb 2019, 20:22 PM

Just curious what most of the community might want or expect for the scenario and era of the next Company of Heroes game. This might also give us a clearer look on the results of the polls Relic sent some time ago.

Feel free to share your thoughts, if I missed something pls let me know.
18 Feb 2019, 21:02 PM

18 Feb 2019, 21:21 PM

how many of these threads do we have already ?

Not enough

BTW I voted Africa-Italy and I also wouldnt mind a Pacific DLC later on
18 Feb 2019, 21:30 PM
Donator 11

both the community and the engine itself needs to get better in terms of graphical capability before I'd argue for a Pacific Theater.

The foliage would be pretty burdensome on many computers that haven't changed specs since 2011~. Less we mention the engine itself isn't rly all that well optimized in the particle department and still could look better in many cases.

My money is on later African Tunisia with Sicily and mainland Italy being the campaign and focus. Mixed elements from AA expansion will mix into the main campaign with possibility of planes and boat implementation as tile units. What would be interesting would be to have brits be starting faction but IMO US would be the first followed by brits (as per usual).
18 Feb 2019, 21:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2019, 21:30 PMMittens
both the community and the engine itself needs to get better in terms of graphical capability before I'd argue for a Pacific Theater.

The foliage would be pretty burdensome on many computers that haven't changed specs since 2011~. Less we mention the engine itself isn't rly all that well optimized in the particle department and still could look better in many cases.

My money is on later African Tunisia with Sicily and mainland Italy being the campaign and focus. Mixed elements from AA expansion will mix into the main campaign with possibility of planes and boat implementation as tile units. What would be interesting would be to have brits be starting faction but IMO US would be the first followed by brits (as per usual).

Good point
Gettin a new engine is quite a no-brainer, this inflexible, unoptimized piece of crap will sure not be missed, even though the graphics are impressive
18 Feb 2019, 21:40 PM
Donator 11

Good point
Gettin a new engine is quite a no-brainer, this inflexible, unoptimized piece of crap will sure not be missed, even though the graphics are impressive

They don't need a new engine per say as many engines are 5~10 years+ old (hell COD 4 ran on quake 2 if I recall right)
Better engineering is required and a requirement for 64bit should be met to prevent most of the crashing people are getting now. Memory dumps and buffer overflows are a large issue along with an in-effective garbage collector.

I still think coh could look better than it does right now especially in their world props and buildings. Their foliage is also static making everything feel ridged.
18 Feb 2019, 23:06 PM

I think the most exciting part of an upcoming CoH game would be new Army designs. I love the vCoH US vs Wehr matchup as much as anyone, but CoH2 followed that design pretty closely with Soviets vs Wehr. I'd like to see some more ideas on how to make armies work without gimmicks.
21 Feb 2019, 06:18 AM

early war europe and pacific war will be a boring game

Do you want to see the final tech is medium tank? no fun and it is difficult to make a difference compared to coh2

fictional 50~60's extended WW2 will be better

it will also can make fictional korean war and vietnam war dlc

Imagine the fictional war machine of the Axis in the 50s and 60s fighting the advanced war machines of the Allies

What a new fresh game!
21 Feb 2019, 08:09 AM

I think the most exciting part of an upcoming CoH game would be new Army designs. I love the vCoH US vs Wehr matchup as much as anyone, but CoH2 followed that design pretty closely with Soviets vs Wehr. I'd like to see some more ideas on how to make armies work without gimmicks.

I don't know why they decided to solely, or at least for the most part, rely on gimmicks for all of the other armies besides those that you just mentioned.

Which brings me to the thought that much won't change for the next Armies either sadly.
21 Feb 2019, 08:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2019, 06:18 AMblancat
Do you want to see the final tech is medium tank? no fun and it is difficult to make a difference compared to coh2

Yes.
Do you know why?
Because it allows other factions to compete, allows a WHOLE FUCKING LOT of early war vehicles to be used and plenty of them were interesting.
It would also be pretty damn refreshing to see allies having superior tanks while axis having superior infantry(unless Italy is included, then superior memes guaranteed).

Also, heavy tanks DID EXIST in early war, they were simply NOT german heavy tanks.
British, French, Soviets all had heavy armor. I would LOVE to see and play with heavy B-1.
21 Feb 2019, 08:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2019, 08:29 AMKatitof

Yes.
Do you know why?
Because it allows other factions to compete, allows a WHOLE FUCKING LOT of early war vehicles to be used and plenty of them were interesting.
It would also be pretty damn refreshing to see allies having superior tanks while axis having superior infantry(unless Italy is included, then superior memes guaranteed).

Also, heavy tanks DID EXIST in early war, they were simply NOT german heavy tanks.
British, French, Soviets all had heavy armor. I would LOVE to see and play with heavy B-1.

coh1 far east mod is very similar to your idea(no heavy tank)

But I can not say that mode is fun

i dont know what is B-1...is it more fun than playing the Tiger?
21 Feb 2019, 09:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2019, 08:37 AMblancat

i dont know what is B-1...is it more fun than playing the Tiger?

Oui
21 Feb 2019, 09:57 AM

21 Feb 2019, 11:17 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Coh3 with anime and ships :lol:
21 Feb 2019, 12:16 PM

Well Africa/Italy theatre is very rich histroy and battle wise, so would make a good setting and campaign.
21 Feb 2019, 12:32 PM

What I would like to see would be a year by year mod where the units available at time are used.
21 Feb 2019, 12:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2019, 12:32 PMVipper
What I would like to see would be a year by year mod where the units available at time are used.

Then play age of empires :P:P just kidding
9 Mar 2019, 20:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2019, 06:18 AMblancat
early war europe and pacific war will be a boring game

fictional 50~60's extended WW2 will be better

it will also can make fictional korean war and vietnam war dlc

Imagine the fictional war machine of the Axis in the 50s and 60s fighting the advanced war machines of the Allies

What a new fresh game!

Both the US army and the Japanese army at the Pacific were very diverse, so much that you could make two or more different factions out of each without repeating many units.

I dont think there is a need for a call in heavy tank in order for a faction to be interesting, in fact, in CoH2 I barely use heavy armour commanders.
9 Mar 2019, 20:40 PM

Both the US army and the Japanese army at the Pacific were very diverse, so much that you could make two or more different factions out of each without repeating many units.

I dont think there is a need for a call in heavy tank in order for a faction to be interesting, in fact, in CoH2 I barely use heavy armour commanders.

Japanese:
-infantry
-cars
-trucks
-small caliber ordnance

USF:
-pretty much the same as we have now in game + more flamethrowers and Stuarts and other light armor suitable for landings.

Ground forces of Japan(especially Japan) and USF were not that diverse, the air force and navy were.
9 Mar 2019, 21:33 PM

Japanese:
-infantry
-cars
-trucks
-small caliber ordnance

USF:
-pretty much the same as we have now in game + more flamethrowers and Stuarts and other light armor suitable for landings.

Ground forces of Japan(especially Japan) and USF were not that diverse, the air force and navy were.

Not really, you are oversimplifying and leaving out a lot, you basically described every army with that list.

So a better list might be a bit more like this

Japan:

-Large variety of infantry (rifles, smgs, hmgs, combat engineers, bridge/pontoon engineers, demolition squads, paratroopers, specialized commandos, snipers, AT infantry, etc.)
-Trucks and armoured cars why not
-Light and medium tanks (including flame tanks, infantry support gunned tanks, AT gunned tanks)
-Medium and large calliber SPGs
-A few support heavy tanks actually used in combat
-Large calliber rocket artillery
-Naval landing vehicles and equipment
-Defensive AA and artillery emplacements, bunkers, etc.
-Non combat logistical and other support vehicles to spice things up (troop and gun transports, ammo and resource carriers, multiporpouse engineering vehicles, radar vehicles, command vehicles, etc.)
-Different types of air support (supplies, light and medium bombings, fragmentation bombs, ground attackers with large calliber guns, etc.)
-basically all type of ordenance

US:

-Infantry (pretty much the same)
-scout vehicles such as the Greyhound
-light vehicles such as AA halftracks and gun carriers (.50cal halftracks, 40mm boffors halftraks, mortar carriers, etc.)
-light and medium tanks (Stuarts, 75mm and 105mm Shermans, flame tanks)
-Amphibous landing vehicles and amphibous upgrades for these tanks
-M18 Hellcat
-Rocket artillery trucks
-Large gunned SPGs
-Large calliber arty emplacements
-Non combat logistical and other support vehicles (pretty much the same)
-Air support (supplies, standard and napalm bombings, planes with HV rockets, etc)
-All types of ordenance

This obviously without going into much detail and leaving out more.

Here both the US and Japan could have support from their respective IJN and USMC branches, or these could even be factions of their own too (at least with the SNLF a lot more could still be added).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★