is the Churchill OP?

is the Churchill OP?
Option Distribution Votes
33%
67%
Total votes: 58
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
2 Feb 2019, 07:59 AM

what do you guys think of the Churchill tank?
2 Feb 2019, 10:06 AM

Depends. Ostheer has the StuG and Pak. Thus it is okay.

Against OKW it is downright OP. Even when setting up traps, it can easily escape. Panzer IV bounces, Panther and JP IV shoot too slowly. Raketenwerfer is abysmal and will get easily decrewed.
2 Feb 2019, 10:13 AM

I don't think the unit itself is OP, though it takes specific counters (mostly Panther). Jagdpanzer with HEAT shells absolutely demolishes Churchills. King Tiger with HEAT shells could work too as it deals 312 damage per shot. They can be very hard to beat in team games when they are tanking damage for the TD wall behind them. Especially because they can use the smoke to escape.

What I really despise though is that grenade ability which allows it to simply drive up to an ATG (as it can easily tank a few hits with its 1400HP) and just wipe it out with ease. And the fact that their smoke can make the tank disappear from view making attack ground to finish it off almost impossible.
2 Feb 2019, 10:37 AM

There is no such thing as "op" without giving the scenario for it, so no, it is not according to op's description.
2 Feb 2019, 11:24 AM

Not really
Its got quite a bit of health and the smoke for survival-ability
In return, it is a vet piňata, and before getting vet, it has average to weak DPS and is slow

Paks, stugs and panthers are great for keeping it back and holding him in defense
2 Feb 2019, 11:51 AM

tank is fine, its just axis dont have 60 range, high damage, high pen tank destroyers which is why they struggle vs tanks with decent armour and high health pool.
2 Feb 2019, 12:23 PM

tank is fine, its just axis dont have 60 range, high damage, high pen tank destroyers which is why they struggle vs tanks with decent armour and high health pool.

A pair of StuGs do the job well.

You won't be able to push away a damage sponge tank with just a single unit as its designed to, well, tank.
2 Feb 2019, 17:09 PM

I think it's manageable. The problem is when you face multiple like in team games or long matches when you don't manage to kill the first one,this is why I think it would be better off if churchills and comets were limited to 1 each, especially in the case of the comet who will remain slightly underwhelming as long as they can become a swarm.
2 Feb 2019, 17:45 PM

Yeah lets limit Comets to 1 because if enemy gets 2+ it´s already auto-win anyways and no one wants to get free wins right?

2 Feb 2019, 17:48 PM

I think it's manageable. The problem is when you face multiple like in team games or long matches when you don't manage to kill the first one,this is why I think it would be better off if churchills and comets were limited to 1 each, especially in the case of the comet who will remain slightly underwhelming as long as they can become a swarm.

No.
Should panthers be limited to one too?
2 Feb 2019, 17:58 PM

Slow heavy tank that has main gun equal to Cromwell (which is notorious for being on the meh side of tanks). It's fine when you consider you have to dump 160 fuel plus anvil cost in order to get it. The only thing it has going for it is it's high HP pool which is it's whole scktick - it's hard to finish off but it won't ever completely roll over you by itself.
2 Feb 2019, 18:29 PM

Permanently Banned
The real unit that is op is the KV1 which basically serves as a Churchill tank with a shot of less health but more armor, for cheaper unit and tech costs. Plus the extra perks of veterancy denial and magically faster repair speeds. I recall that the KV is slightly faster than the Churchill, too.
2 Feb 2019, 18:40 PM
2 Feb 2019, 18:49 PM

No.
Should panthers be limited to one too?

remember that time when a swarms of panthers came up, WPd your AT guns then grenaded your mgs so their grens could move up while they dominated all your armour, bouncing shots left and right because of their hight armour value and pen? yea me neither because panthers are good at shooting an not at supporting.

if the comet was limited to 1 it could arguably go back to closer to its original state because the comet wants to be the best generalist medium combing raw stats and utility. as long as its capable of being massed it will remain underwhelming because the INSTANT its cost effective thats all you will see, just like last time.

limiting powerful tanks has done nothing but good both for the units and balance because swarms of powerful units in cancer, one needs to either make them not worth swarming or not capable.
2 Feb 2019, 19:12 PM

The real unit that is op is the KV1 which basically serves as a Churchill tank with a shot of less health but more armor, for cheaper unit and tech costs. Plus the extra perks of veterancy denial and magically faster repair speeds. I recall that the KV is slightly faster than the Churchill, too.
yep thats true especially kw1 and b4 combo is op and brits are op too as a whole faction
3 Feb 2019, 10:24 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

They are almost impossible to kill in 1v1
3 Feb 2019, 10:38 AM
Senior Caster Badge

There is no such thing as "op" without giving the scenario for it, so no, it is not according to op's description.

Using OP in two meanings. LUL
3 Feb 2019, 10:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2019, 10:38 AMd0ggY

Using OP in two meanings. LUL

1000 iq forum meta
3 Feb 2019, 10:50 AM

yep thats true especially kw1 and b4 combo is op and brits are op too as a whole faction

I no longer have an idea of what is satire and what isn't on this forum anymore.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight