Login

russian armor

Pathfinders need a nerf don't they?

29 Jan 2019, 16:33 PM

But they get even more sight than pios at vet 1. And pios are hardly capable fighting units. Avoiding mgs and being able to fight at long range reduces bleed which offsets high reinforcement. I don't think I'd change any raw stats but the extra sight at vet 1 should be moved to vet 2, or grant a larger sight boost at vet 3.

Then build something other than mgs. Mgs and mortar spam should not be able to beat everything usf has.
29 Jan 2019, 16:49 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Pathfinders are mediocre. They need a rework like JLI without making them bonkers OP.
ddd
29 Jan 2019, 17:38 PM

Its funny that back when PF were 1cp nobody would ever suggest that they are overperforming or even performing good at all. Last patch they were dropped to 0cp because literally nobody was building them and now we hear stories about maphacking Pathfinder blobs that obliterate everything in their way. After i saw some high level players use this strategy and fail miserably (vonivan, luvnest for example) i think the only eplanation as to why some people are struggling against pathfinders spam is because they are being outplayed by their opponent. And comparinig pathfinders to jaegers is just comical, its hard to not take it as trolling.
29 Jan 2019, 17:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2019, 17:38 PMddd
Its funny that back when PF were 1cp nobody would ever suggest that they are overperforming or even performing good at all. Last patch they were dropped to 0cp because literally nobody was building them and now we hear stories about maphacking Pathfinder blobs that obliterate everything in their way. After i saw some high level players use this strategy and fail miserably (vonivan, luvnest for example) i think the only eplanation as to why some people are struggling against pathfinders spam is because they are being outplayed by their opponent. And comparinig pathfinders to jaegers is just comical, its hard to not take it as trolling.

Pure axis bias
29 Jan 2019, 18:03 PM

i have no problem with those units per se, but i think double bar on them is a bad design, since it kind of negates their CQC weakness. The only problem i see with going double bar is the insane drop chance.
They might need a reduction to 1 weapon slot, and a light vet buff to compensate
29 Jan 2019, 20:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2019, 16:49 PMTobis
Pathfinders are mediocre. They need a rework like JLI without making them bonkers OP.
just give them the 0.9 accuracy in cover too so they can snipe
29 Jan 2019, 20:47 PM

But they get even more sight than pios at vet 1. And pios are hardly capable fighting units. Avoiding mgs and being able to fight at long range reduces bleed which offsets high reinforcement. I don't think I'd change any raw stats but the extra sight at vet 1 should be moved to vet 2, or grant a larger sight boost at vet 3.

You do realize recrewed weapons do not inherit vet of a squad that captured them?

And out of 4 engineer units, 2 can fight and pios are one of them(excluding sturmpios and assault engies as they are their own tier).
29 Jan 2019, 21:41 PM

I think they are fine, maybe it's a little bit difficult with early whermacht game cause they can see from beginning your mg positioning.
29 Jan 2019, 21:58 PM

Pathfinders are fine IMO and not OP at all. The only thing which is debatable is the insane sight range so they can spot HMGs long before entering the MG's arc of fire... but that would have to be addressed on JLI's and Pyrotechnical Inf sections as well.

Whenever I saw someone crying about Pathfinder spam being a broken strat on stream, it was someone who tried to counter them with HMGs. If you just get a good amount of inf yourself and use cover with them, the Pathfinders can't do jackshit.

The scoped M1 Garand Rifle has a terrible performance vs any sort of cover.
29 Jan 2019, 22:01 PM

You guys the sighting is definitely out of proportion being able to unravel units through the fog of war is extremely op at this stage.
Remember how the usf mortar had a unit spotting bug? It's the same now.

I know it's a scouting unit! so is the sniper, scout car or t70 and they don't just "spot" units at miles distance, the maximum sight increase you get is 25% from a vet 3 T70?
29 Jan 2019, 22:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2019, 22:01 PMCresc
I know it's a scouting unit! so is the sniper, scout car or t70 and they don't just "spot" units at miles distance

Pathfinders have the same default 50 view range that all scout units have. Like the M3 Scout Car, JLI, M20, Puma or the 222. Snipers have 45 default sight range because otherwise they'd be able to self spot at max distance from the get go.
29 Jan 2019, 22:44 PM

Pathfinders are fine IMO and not OP at all. The only thing which is debatable is the insane sight range so they can spot HMGs long before entering the MG's arc of fire... but that would have to be addressed on JLI's and Pyrotechnical Inf sections as well.

Whenever I saw someone crying about Pathfinder spam being a broken strat on stream, it was someone who tried to counter them with HMGs. If you just get a good amount of inf yourself and use cover with them, the Pathfinders can't do jackshit.

The scoped M1 Garand Rifle has a terrible performance vs any sort of cover.

290 manpower spotter is expensive, and I don't think they are op when used like this.
29 Jan 2019, 22:50 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I hear BARs on them are quite good, even potentially requiring a nerf, but I use them without the BARs and the damage they deal is largely mediocre. I think it'd be good if we had some tests done with paths both with and without BARs to see if that needs changing as well.
30 Jan 2019, 00:46 AM

Pathfinders have the same default 50 view range that all scout units have. Like the M3 Scout Car, JLI, M20, Puma or the 222. Snipers have 45 default sight range because otherwise they'd be able to self spot at max distance from the get go.

Then this is definitely a bug.
Try this out.
On vilshanka, have an hmg cover the south cutoff, and get a pathfinder in green cover on near the church.

You will spot that hmg through the fog, this is intended?
30 Jan 2019, 00:56 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2019, 00:46 AMCresc

Then this is definitely a bug.
Try this out.
On vilshanka, have an hmg cover the south cutoff, and get a pathfinder in green cover on near the church.

You will spot that hmg through the fog, this is intended?

Can you take some screenshots so people know exactly what you mean?
30 Jan 2019, 01:02 AM

Can you take some screenshots so people know exactly what you mean?

I will if I get a player like this, not many seem to be using airborn.
Or better yet, I'll try it in cheat mode.
30 Jan 2019, 03:11 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I hear BARs on them are quite good, even potentially requiring a nerf, but I use them without the BARs and the damage they deal is largely mediocre. I think it'd be good if we had some tests done with paths both with and without BARs to see if that needs changing as well.

Rather mediocre, in my experience. Pathfinder carbines are pretty much just better garands, adding a bar to them gives them about 2 more dps at all ranges, with more a more significant boost in 5-10m. I prefer and save the munitions to put a bar on another squad where the dps boost is more significant.
30 Jan 2019, 06:30 AM

I think I was talking about Barfinders with someone else in an older thread, but basically, they synergize with bars better when they are on other squads rather than on the pathfinder themselves. The drop chance is also high since the sniper takes priority.
30 Jan 2019, 08:17 AM

Just imagine new commander with pathfinders and browning 1919
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight