Login

russian armor

UKF needs real buff , MAKE UKF GREAT AGAIN

25 Jan 2019, 07:53 AM

is this a joke ?

1 it's one of the most powerful upgrade there is, it does not increase cost of the unit, u don't pay munitions on each squad (like weapons) and reinforce cost stays the same

2 no at nades are good on RE if u want at nades on IS just pick the tank hunter doc

3 gamon bomb can be used by every IS, penal have to buy the upgrade each time

4 the MG does it's job, the main canon is AT only

5 cromwell is fine for his price, it has more pen than p4 and is super fast

1 ==> it costs fuel (35) and it means this upgrade puts you 1 step back from bringing armor while enemy OST/OKW already has his armor out.

2 ==> you said doctorine while it shall be no doctorinal .

3 ==> everyone knows gammon bomb is shit but you LOL . just pay a bit attention to its time! ; its late game upgrade and it shall be useful and valuable.

4 ==> i think you haven't played UKF for even 1 time recently after patch. go test it and then write something.

5 ==> an other joke :))
25 Jan 2019, 07:57 AM

The problem with UKF is that they are still OP in early to mid-game against OKW on open maps while being complete shit against Ost. So how are you going to "balance" the faction? One of the few things that could be done is to give them a few more doctrines with early USF mortars so they can easier counter MGs.

Edit: I forgot to mention that J-Light spam completly reks UKF and there is very little that can be done against it because J-Lights counter sniper MG and infantry sections. Thank god the nerf for J-Lights is coming so this wont go on forever.

well not now anymore ; OKW is not weak vs UKF, because as you said Jagers are too good nowadays in long range and open maps. even if there was no jager, OKW has 5-man squad volks while UKF needs to spend manpower and fuel for having 5-man squads.
25 Jan 2019, 08:00 AM

as conclusion ; UKF needs real balance . we shall argue about which unit needs balance and which unit doesn't need balance but i think there is no argue in the thing that UKF is a real weak team and needs a real buff.
25 Jan 2019, 08:05 AM

okay then lets say for now :

1- AEC,Cromwell,Gammon Bomb need buff
2- UKF needs a commander with early mortars.

lets find new necessary balances together guys add more things.
25 Jan 2019, 08:12 AM

Point 2) Agree 1000%.

Every other faction has it, why not UKF. No, they are not so different from the other factions to justify this.
25 Jan 2019, 08:18 AM

Point 2) Agree 1000%.

Every other faction has it, why not UKF. No, they are not so different from the other factions to justify this.

Still each mainline inf has AT nades behind a requirement.

Sovs pay fuel and manpower without getting a reward besides the nades
Ostheer pays fuel and manpower and gets T2 (but pays more than UKF for T2)
OKW needs a Truck
USF needs Vet 1

I don't see the point why Sappers are not suitable for the AT nades. UKF is usually the first army to tech to T2 (mostly on par with Ost skipping T1) and at this time, there is no need for AT nades. The only German vehicle at that moment of time is a Kübelwagen that can be taken out by small arms fire.

25 Jan 2019, 09:02 AM

but did u not just say "Factions are not mirrored, you need to take the context of what units shoots at."

And you took that completely out of context and attempted... I don't even know what.
So let me put an example here for you:

What is more durable?

4 man squad or 6 man squad?
4 man squad has 60 DPS and 6 man squad has 20, they are fighting each other.
Alternatively, they have equal DPS, but 4 man squad has 0.8 received accuracy, but 6 man squad has 1.1 received accuracy, still fighting each other.
So again, what is more durable here?

And now mortars are shooting at both.
Which one is more durable now?

See, that is the context I meant.
25 Jan 2019, 09:59 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2019, 15:54 PMSigilli
I'm not great or good at this game, but I feel like the UKF needs:

Start the game with Royal Engineers;
AT Nades moved to the IS;
Sniper shorter time to shoot infantry;
Mortar unit on T1;

You could even move RE to tier 0 and get the AT nades behind T1 tech, I'd say.

"I'm not great or good at this game." I appreciate the honesty which is quite rare in these forums. What "not great" players need to do is stay off the balance section of this forum and head to the tutorial section instead. There u can ask the pro your questions to get good at the game.

If people heeded this advice (including the original poster) there would be a lot less shitposts in the balance section.
25 Jan 2019, 10:00 AM

1 ==> it costs fuel (35) and it means this upgrade puts you 1 step back from bringing armor while enemy OST/OKW already has his armor out.

Almost as if there has to be some sort of risk to the reward of getting an additional man. Weird!
25 Jan 2019, 10:48 AM

not really dude, test it you will see . maybe its only on table but in-game not really idk maybe its a bug . anyway it shouldn't be like that and needs fix/balance.
there is no need for test, u can read the stats here https://coh2db.com/stats/#56
25 Jan 2019, 10:59 AM

2 ==> you said doctorine while it shall be no doctorinal .

3 ==> everyone knows gammon bomb is shit but you LOL . just pay a bit attention to its time! ; its late game upgrade and it shall be useful and valuable.

4 ==> i think you haven't played UKF for even 1 time recently after patch. go test it and then write something.

5 ==> an other joke :))

1 it cost 35 fu because its that strong, u dont understand what 80 more hp and 1 more rifle means ?

2 it works well on RE already, hell u can even put piat on them for cheap tank hunter squad, u are just over encumbering IS role

3 it's a satchel it comes free with tech , it's not penal lvl but it's still good, and do i have to tell u what happen if u give IS both at sacthel and at nade as u suggest ?

4 i play ukf, the main gun has no aoe and misses inf most of the time but the mg make up for it by having same dps as an IS squad

5 u are a jk :))
check stats before u talk even katitof had to agree to this but deflected the argument saying that axis has more armor , this is not counting how fast is the Cromwell

25 Jan 2019, 11:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2019, 09:02 AMKatitof

And you took that completely out of context and attempted... I don't even know what.
So let me put an example here for you:

What is more durable?

4 man squad or 6 man squad?
4 man squad has 60 DPS and 6 man squad has 20, they are fighting each other.
Alternatively, they have equal DPS, but 4 man squad has 0.8 received accuracy, but 6 man squad has 1.1 received accuracy, still fighting each other.
So again, what is more durable here?

And now mortars are shooting at both.
Which one is more durable now?

See, that is the context I meant.
the argument was that the Cromwell 75 cannon is not powerfull, stats show it is,u said we need to look at the traget they shoot, so they shoot at higher armor target and lower size squad that are more easy to wipe, so i said the truth as u said the truth no need to spin it as u like, the 75 mm is good, and for oce give ur opinion don't play the passive aggressive card
25 Jan 2019, 12:42 PM

5 man upgrade is not that powerful with the pop cap changes that basically nerfed it.

Now you pay 150mp (+ reinforce cost for five or so extra models) 35f mid game to give an extra man... but the issue is your Tommies are now the same popcap as jaegers. Volks while they will lose a 1vs1 vs bren 5man Tommies will cost less, have less pop cap and have utility of building clearance. Then there's the factor of not having to pay like 450mp 50f (?) in upgrades

Not that I'm saying Tommies are bad or volks OP. But five man upgrade could use a fuel decrease by 10. These are the small changes with mobile mortar, comet buff etc that Brits need to make them picked in tournaments. AEC is fine and light vehicle meta is too prominent if anything.
25 Jan 2019, 13:00 PM

Still each mainline inf has AT nades behind a requirement.

Sovs pay fuel and manpower without getting a reward besides the nades
Ostheer pays fuel and manpower and gets T2 (but pays more than UKF for T2)
OKW needs a Truck
USF needs Vet 1

I don't see the point why Sappers are not suitable for the AT nades. UKF is usually the first army to tech to T2 (mostly on par with Ost skipping T1) and at this time, there is no need for AT nades. The only German vehicle at that moment of time is a Kübelwagen that can be taken out by small arms fire.

Ostheer has practically no requirement, even if you go for Osttruppen you gonna build ether T1 or T2 and you get the Faust with no cost.

As for IS getting the snare, they can have it also at Vet1 even Vet2 (like USF) or after you tech T2-3 (like Ostheer as you said).
You can find good solutions, its not that hard.
I want my RE doing what they suppose to do and not chasing after light Vehicles or Tanks.
Anyway, i have said enough about this topic (made a thread 2 weeks ago).
25 Jan 2019, 13:04 PM

If you make Bolster cheaper, it'll always get teched right off the bat and it'll be an essentially pointless upgrade.

Bolster isn't an "if" upgrade, it's a "when." It's a hefty boost to UKF's field power. However, if you go Bolster straight away, you delay your teching by 35 FU.

That sounds like a well-designed sidegrade to me: there are benefits to getting it early and to getting it late.

If you cut its fuel cost too much, it'll almost always be advantageous to tech it early and it'll become a non-decision.

Contrast that with, say, Conscript sidegrades, which just serve as a further punishment to T2 and a deterrent to mixing Conscripts and Penals together.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★