Login

russian armor

OKW against Brit emplacements

21 Jan 2019, 10:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2019, 10:04 AMLoxley

This is a possiblity, but don't forget, it are already 3 units vs 1, the brit player will have other units too, to drive out the 2 puppchens. In worst case U lose 1 puppchen and he goes brace and repairs the bofors.

Unless the brit has that other units sitting right next to the bofors(which is completely against the only singular reason to ever build it, you know, so your units can be somewhere else), you should be fine.

Alternatively, without investing into LEIG, you can just take a pair of volks and "feed" them to bofors once puppchens are in place, it'll be down before you'll lose more then a couple of models, unless for whatever reason you have chosen to approach it on red cover(this is how I did it).
21 Jan 2019, 11:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2019, 09:23 AMKatitof
Smoke it with LEIG then nuke it with double puppchen, if it goes into brace, you've already won.

If brit player isn't a newbie he will use attack ground through smoke.
21 Jan 2019, 11:11 AM

Sector Assault
21 Jan 2019, 12:42 PM

a bit old but it does his job

21 Jan 2019, 13:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2019, 10:12 AMKatitof

Unless the brit has that other units sitting right next to the bofors(which is completely against the only singular reason to ever build it, you know, so your units can be somewhere else), you should be fine.

Alternatively, without investing into LEIG, you can just take a pair of volks and "feed" them to bofors once puppchens are in place, it'll be down before you'll lose more then a couple of models, unless for whatever reason you have chosen to approach it on red cover(this is how I did it).

So you mean u have your whole army at the bofors, while the brit sit there and drink his tea and look how u bring down his emplacement? Long time ago that u play this game, right?

Its almost this real situation:

brit build a bofors, sit his army in the near from it...and can expand from this point, whenn u try to deny this..he can backpaddle behind is Atlantic-wall and is safe. even p4 and panthers struggle, while at this point there are handheld AT, AT guns and tanks on the field from the brit player.

so there is not this moment, you can: Oh i smoke this shit and kick it away
21 Jan 2019, 17:00 PM

So you mean u have your whole army at the bofors, while the brit sit there and drink his tea and look how u bring down his emplacement? Long time ago that u play this game, right?

Its almost this real situation:

brit build a bofors, sit his army in the near from it...and can expand from this point, whenn u try to deny this..he can backpaddle behind is Atlantic-wall and is safe. even p4 and panthers struggle, while at this point there are handheld AT, AT guns and tanks on the field from the brit player.

so there is not this moment, you can: Oh i smoke this shit and kick it away

there are "common" points where it is realy annoying to deal with...

1. Be aggresive, so dont let him build it anyway. Try to snipe his pios so he is force to cancel it.

2. if u have a leig, just constant attack it. make sure that u aim slight in the area where his pios may come to repair it.

3. force him to brace with flamenades. So normaly u have 3 volks so let one take the punch and there will be at least one nade to hit it.

4. some cheese with raketen...

5. Stuka

6. play 2vs2 and get a teammate with the mortar halftrack:megusta:

7. leFH. i think even in 1vs1 one arty is ok
21 Jan 2019, 18:59 PM
Donator 11

One flame nade does only about 40-50% damage to a Bofors. You need at least two flame nades to kill a Bofors (sometimes even three, depending on how much damage the Volks small arms do while throwing the nade).

And you can't throw multiple simultaneously either because their damage will overlap.

The damage does overlap, but only very slightly. Two nades thrown in succession will do around 80% hp damage to bofors, two thrown at the same exact moment will deal around 70%. These are without firing a single small arms shot.

The point is though, that you rarely need more than one and pretty much never more than two, as it takes damage all the time when braced. Not much damage, but enough to seal a deal. For example raketen shooting at it all the time when it is braced will reduce its health by 20% on its own, and it will still be able to do one more shot when the brace finishes.
22 Jan 2019, 00:13 AM

After playing some ost games today i realised that handling emplacements is only really a task when you play as okw, ost have no problem. But i have no idea what could be done to make it so that it wasn't such a pain in the ass for them to deal with emplacements. The only unit im yet to try with okw really is the hetzer, but being forced into a doc choice just for one building seems pretty strong regardless.
22 Jan 2019, 00:50 AM

As OKW against advanced emplacements:

- Get Jaegers (opieOP) to scout for raketens and have a way to trade efficiently with trenches.

- Avoid mechanized. Save healing muni by going med truck.

- Get 1 leig. Put it on hold fire and use barrages to hit trenches and the forward assembly. Shift-move afterwards to avoid counterbarrage. The forward assembly is easily killed, causing a great drop in repair efficiency for the enemy, while also stopping the enemy from being able to reinforce on the field.

- Get atleast 2 raketens. Place them manually when attacking emplacements or they will move in firing range of the Bofors. Reposition if you hear the Bofors doing a suppression barrage. Keep Volks nearby for recrewing.

- Upgrade your storms with a shreck to save some manpower instead of making another raketen. You often don't need a sweeper against Sim City, unless you're flanking. Try to move the Shrecked Storms in a trench or nearby garrison when attacking the emplacements.

- If enemy braces, move up some Volks to throw incendiary nades (wait until brace has almost ended).

- Get either a JP4 or Panther, depending on if you're gonna assault head-on or flank. JP4 is pretty good against emplacement play, cause of low pop and long range.

- Avoid reckless pushes. Move up slow and steady. The Bofors punishes overextension hard.

Just a few ideas
22 Jan 2019, 01:26 AM

You could just not go tier 2. Go battlegroup and get 1-2 leigs and you can just barrage it to death or smoke and push with infantry and raks.
22 Jan 2019, 02:39 AM

Without going tier 2 it can be pretty rough dealing with valentine spam against a good player, otherwise i always would go tier one. But i suppose that is preferable to dying haha!
22 Jan 2019, 07:20 AM

All this advices...where u need servaral (mostly 4-6 units) to haandle one 30fuel unit?? Sound a bit overdosed.

Show me other 30fuel units which require such micro to deal with it.

Even a t4 schwere isnt this effective and fearful with its low dmg
22 Jan 2019, 08:47 AM

All this advices...where u need servaral (mostly 4-6 units) to haandle one 30fuel unit?? Sound a bit overdosed.

Show me other 30fuel units which require such micro to deal with it.

Even a t4 schwere isnt this effective and fearful with its low dmg

I will show you a zero fuel unit that require similar effort if user isn't braindead.
Ost sniper.

22 Jan 2019, 09:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2019, 08:47 AMKatitof

I will show you a zero fuel unit that require similar effort if user isn't braindead.
Ost sniper.

ok u got a sniper and show me how u nearly instawipe alll stuff except above mediums tanks.
u show me how u hold a area vs scoutcars, light armor and kill retreating squads with 3models left...and this with no micro on the sniper. only on auto.

if u managed this i praise you as coh god and will delete my coh2 game (like u a year ago) and will delete my coh2.org account.

22 Jan 2019, 09:58 AM

jey, i always wanted to see katitof actually playing the game instead of just shitposting about it
22 Jan 2019, 10:22 AM

ok u got a sniper and show me how u nearly instawipe alll stuff except above mediums tanks.
u show me how u hold a area vs scoutcars, light armor and kill retreating squads with 3models left...and this with no micro on the sniper. only on auto.

if u managed this i praise you as coh god and will delete my coh2 game (like u a year ago) and will delete my coh2.org account.

The very moment you'll show me these instawipes.
Pair of volks can tank it for pair of puppchens to kill it.

If it doesn't work for you, you might want to start using the puppchens to damage instead of attempting to throw flame nade when approaching on red cover.

Also, how terribly bad are you if you feed kills to bofors all the game? Is it chasing you around the map and scoring 50+ kills?

If you have lost more then 3 models or anything more then a Kubel to bofors, its L2P issue.
22 Jan 2019, 10:25 AM

katitof, stop calling out other people for being bad. Play and show us how you make do of what you preach
22 Jan 2019, 10:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2019, 10:22 AMKatitof

If it doesn't work for you, you might want to start using the puppchens to damage instead of attempting to throw flame nade when approaching on red cover.

Also, how terribly bad are you if you feed kills to bofors all the game? Is it chasing you around the map and scoring 50+ kills?

If you have lost more then 3 models or anything more then a Kubel to bofors, its L2P issue.

again. U write things here you cant prove as a real play-able solutions. YOu wrote that a sniper is on the same lvl cancer like a bofors...but in real life a sniper is dead when u dont babysit it 24/7 in a blink of a eye.
it can mostly only kill infantery in a slow action. a bofors can kill your 3model squad in a blink of a eye...even on retreat.

a sniper is only cancer in mp-bleeding...it will never wipe anything in sec. and never kill your light armor in a time when you cant even give the command to drive backwards.

one base rush with any light armor/ cars will kill the sniper in most cases.
22 Jan 2019, 10:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2019, 10:25 AMBaba
katitof, stop calling out other people for being bad. Play and show us how you make do of what you preach

When an immobile, stationary platform of very limited range is wiping half of your army in moments, you are bad and are doing something horrendously wrong, regardless what you say, post a replay asap and beg for help.

No one with even a small embers of skill complains about bofors and recognizes uncontested superiority of AEC.

again. U write things here you cant prove as a real play-able solutions. YOu wrote that a sniper is on the same lvl cancer like a bofors...but in real life a sniper is dead when u dont babysit it 24/7 in a blink of a eye.
it can mostly only kill infantery in a slow action. a bofors can kill your 3model squad in a blink of a eye...even on retreat.

a sniper is only cancer in mp-bleeding...it will never wipe anything in sec. and never kill your light armor in a time when you cant even give the command to drive backwards.

And guess what?
A long emplacement is DEAD if you don't baby sit it.
If you've lost more then 3 models to bofors, maybe you should consider to stop running into it and actually counter it from afar? ONE puppchen is enough for that. If you try to excuse yourself with "but brit armyyyyyyyy" well, that's baby sitting too, that's how the game works.

See difference is, bofors will bleed you around 75 to 100 mp ONCE, anything more is your fault, while sniper can easily bleed you 500-1000mp on 25-50 kills and you will get these kills, you will also be unable to counter well microed sniper before med armor arrives and if the player is cautios enough, only lucky rocket arty hit might do it.

We have seen a whole fucking LOT of 50-100 kill snipers over the time, I have yet to see ONE bofors with more then 20 and these 20 were against bads who just threw infantry at it because reasons.

one base rush with any light armor/ cars will kill the sniper in most cases.

Assuming you somehow managed to push it off the field first, which means assuming you got around all the infantry around protecting it with fausts/at nades and assuming it isn't late enough for opponent to have armor of its own to contest your LV dive.

Meanwhile, you need 1 puppchen attacking ground to completely shut down bofors and that puppchen is much safer as you can just retreat when it gets hot, cap the rest of the map brit isn't in with his very limited presence due to that bofors taking AEC place and REs having to sit there to repair it and allowing your 222/luchs to push of all brit infantry without even trying.
22 Jan 2019, 11:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2019, 10:22 AMKatitof

LUL

Pls give a replay "how to deal with the Bofors" against a not brainaftk player.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 36
France 25

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment