Login

russian armor

OKW against Brit emplacements

21 Jan 2019, 00:47 AM

So this is a l2p issue so ima ask how to play, if i go tier 2 and they go for a bofors what can i possibly do against it? Puma can fire out its range but one brit at gun stops that idea, any tips for how to deal with the emplacements anyways? Thanks in advance.
21 Jan 2019, 01:01 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

You can try to rape their base with your luchs, they will have no aec. Force a retreat and chase squads down while avoiding obvious mine spots. If you get him to pull his at guns away from the bofors and split his forces you will have an easier time taking it out.
21 Jan 2019, 01:04 AM

Base was mined which nearly cost me my luch anyways, was crossroads so base entrance is pretty slim. I honestly dont understand why people think emplacements are okay, you just click build and there ya go a bofors that annihilates anything it sees. Not so bad against ost as paks can deal with it and they always have access to mortars, but okw are basically screwed against it.
21 Jan 2019, 01:09 AM
Donator 11

People don't really think emplacements are ok. They think emplacements are useless. And they are quite right.

If I had to fight emplacements as okw mech, I would do it like that:
1. If there is only one bofors, just play around it till flakhq and kill it with a tank.
2. If he builds more, either back tech to medhq and get yourself a leig and proper healing,
3. Or get yourself a stuka and force it to brace, then just rush in with volks and throw a flame nade just before the end of brace, so you get both maximum damage and a chance to retreat. If you time the nade well, it is toast for 30 muni.
21 Jan 2019, 01:14 AM

This would work if it was the only thing on the field but it never is so getting close to it isn't as easy as that. My issues with it is you click build and thats a huge issue for an okw player that will take a tonne of resource and micro to deal with. On the other hand the brit player doesn't have to micro anything, just dig in and sit on it. It's a terrible form of gameplay.

Back teching would be nice if okw wasn't fuel dependant, if you back tech it's basically GG, as you'll have rakettens to deal with his Churchill.

Its just an annoying addition to the game, i wish i could veto playing brits, this game would always be fun.
21 Jan 2019, 01:20 AM
Donator 11

I think you are missing the huge disadvantage that emplacements have. By definition, they don't move. Which means that they are easily countered by artillery, but even if you don't have artillery, it is still an issue. You can't retreat them when they are attacked, so they have to die sooner or later, so they are in fact usually waste of resources. What is more, you can't move them to support your troops like you would with AT guns or mgs, so if opposing player chooses fights that are out of range of your emplacement, you have your manpower, fuel and population spend on a unit you can not use, which leads to numerical disadvantage. In effect you, as an axis player, should be easily able to keep hold of more of the map than your opponent and so either tech up faster or back tech without disadvantage of being behind.

So it is just one click. But it is one click in the advantage of axis player, not the brit one. That is why literally no good players ever use emplacements.
21 Jan 2019, 01:26 AM

In this situation it was just on the road nearly covering my cutoff, the cutoff was covered by mg's that i couldnt flank because of the bofors. However its normally always situated on a VP. Its a garunteed vp until okw get armour unless they went tier one. It's just frustrating, i'm just gonna ignore axis because i honestly can't be bothered to deal with something like that.

Just saying ignore it just allows whereever they built it to always be theirs, if thats in a strong position its an easy free win off the snowball, whereas the axis player has to use about 5 units at once to try and deal with it. Just silly from a design perspective imo since it counters the best thing okw have, infantry.
21 Jan 2019, 01:30 AM
Donator 11

I tell you what, if you give up on axis, try playing brits. And try to win a match using bofors. I think it might be hard. It is also a quick way to get a lesson on countering it, right from your opponents.
21 Jan 2019, 01:30 AM

I generally deal with it with a mix of Leig and rakt, then send lv/infantry when he brace, u can also use leig smoke to get close and tried flame nade
21 Jan 2019, 01:33 AM

I tell you what, if you give up on axis, try playing brits. And try to win a match using bofors. I think it might be hard. It is also a quick way to get a lesson on countering it, right from your opponents.

I'll give it a go, thats a good suggestion. However it doesn't detract from the point that it ruins the pacing and fun in a match imo. I just have never understood why there is a need for them to be in the game.
21 Jan 2019, 01:34 AM

I generally deal with it with a mix of Leig and rakt, then send lv/infantry when he brace, u can also use leig smoke to get close and tried flame nade

Don't have access to leig if i go tier 2, and rakt gets outranged so after one shot it gets insta wiped. Might have to always go tier one against brits.
21 Jan 2019, 01:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2019, 01:34 AMKeano

Don't have access to leig if i go tier 2, and rakt gets outranged so after one shot it gets insta wiped. Might have to always go tier one against brits.
nah u can play aggressively and never let them set up with tier 2, and 2 rakt while stealthed will deal some damage just make sure to retreat them afterwards
21 Jan 2019, 01:42 AM

nah u can play aggressively and never let them set up with tier 2, and 2 rakt while stealthed will deal some damage just make sure to retreat them afterwards

I always do, can't have vision everywhere at once though. All im getting from this though is that there is no counter to them. Raks die before they retreat lol, and they're only gonna rep that dmg before you bring them back out again. Everything in this game has a direct counter, everything except brit emplacments.
21 Jan 2019, 01:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2019, 01:42 AMKeano

I always do, can't have vision everywhere at once though. All im getting from this though is that there is no counter to them. Raks die before they retreat lol, and they're only gonna rep that dmg before you bring them back out again. Everything in this game has a direct counter, everything except brit emplacments.
bofors has 45 range while rakt has 55, how does it get hit ?
21 Jan 2019, 01:55 AM

You sure? everytime i fire at max range they get wiped, could be an attack ground order on them with long scatter shots, but the dps is too consistent for that.
21 Jan 2019, 01:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2019, 01:55 AMKeano

You sure? everytime i fire at max range they get wiped, could be an attack ground order on them with long scatter shots, but the dps is too consistent for that.
do u use attack ground ? The range is 45 for sure the only way he hits u with the main canon fire is with some weird elevation bug
21 Jan 2019, 01:58 AM

do u use attack ground ? The range is 45 for sure the only way he hits u with the main canon fire is with some weird elevation bug

Yeah of course i do, after a few attempts at this they always got wrecked so i never bothered again, will try again tomorrow and reply with the results.
21 Jan 2019, 08:28 AM

3. Or get yourself a stuka and force it to brace, then just rush in with volks and throw a flame nade just before the end of brace, so you get both maximum damage and a chance to retreat. If you time the nade well, it is toast for 30 muni.

One flame nade does only about 40-50% damage to a Bofors. You need at least two flame nades to kill a Bofors (sometimes even three, depending on how much damage the Volks small arms do while throwing the nade).

And you can't throw multiple simultaneously either because their damage will overlap.

The Raketten has 50 range. So unless you position it perfectly at 50 range it's going to be within range (~45-48) of Bofors' attack ground scatter. It can work theoretically but in the chaos of a real game it can be very tricky to pull off.

21 Jan 2019, 09:23 AM

Smoke it with LEIG then nuke it with double puppchen, if it goes into brace, you've already won.
21 Jan 2019, 10:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2019, 09:23 AMKatitof
Smoke it with LEIG then nuke it with double puppchen, if it goes into brace, you've already won.

This is a possiblity, but don't forget, it are already 3 units vs 1, the brit player will have other units too, to drive out the 2 puppchens. In worst case U lose 1 puppchen and he goes brace and repairs the bofors.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★