Login

russian armor

CP 0 call in infantry

15 Jan 2019, 14:21 PM

The CP 0 call in infantry allow players to gain numerical superiority while the time they hit the field is very much depended on the map.

Imo this units should should be changed to be built from HQ. That will solve a number of issues like spam-ability and map dependence.
15 Jan 2019, 14:32 PM

Unless those units are cannon-fodder, IMO. Or do not act well in later stages of game, where they can be easly overrun by vetted infantry on any mechanised(yes-yes, ASS grens, im talking about u)
15 Jan 2019, 14:44 PM

I think it's fine, as it is a strategic choice to go for map control early on and then risk getting overrun by lights later because there are no snares on the field.

The exception are Osstruppen, but they start on a cooldown and are significantly weaker in combat.
15 Jan 2019, 15:45 PM

Permanently Banned
Talking about snares, I think the USF assault engis shouldn't have a snare. And how do they compare with assault grens with the flamer?
15 Jan 2019, 15:51 PM

You are bringing out fake problems which is totally and utterly unnecessary.
15 Jan 2019, 16:26 PM

I'd be in favor of this change. The early game and first engagements are heavily based around timings, much like CSGO maps. The ability to jam out a unit straight off the cuff disrupts these timings that map makers carefully setup so that neither side can gain too strong early map control or race to favorable positions.

Some of the other posters mention strategic diversity, which CP 0 call ins do theoretically offer, but I think early infantry timings should be kept sacred. It's easily remedied by by starting them on CD or requiring them to be built.
15 Jan 2019, 16:55 PM

Talking about snares, I think the USF assault engis shouldn't have a snare. And how do they compare with assault grens with the flamer?

Assault Engineers do not have snares, which makes opening with them pretty vulnerable to 221 or 222/251 rushes.
15 Jan 2019, 17:06 PM

"like spam-ability and map dependence."

please specify which unit you are talking about. I can't think of any that can cause this in the early game.

15 Jan 2019, 17:40 PM

"like spam-ability and map dependence."

please specify which unit you are talking about. I can't think of any that can cause this in the early game.

call-in unit come from the edge of the map which makes map dependent.
17 Jan 2019, 09:23 AM

It's a good question. Most of the call-ins in this game have gradually been changed to being built at various buildings, or at least put on a cool-down timer.

Personally I didn't like this much, because the call-in gives flavour and the whole point of a commander ability is that it actually does give you a bonus, that is to say, it performs something better than you would be able to do so without the commander.

On the other hand it seems weird to have a few things remaining as call-ins while almost everything else is base-built.
17 Jan 2019, 09:37 AM

Unless those units are cannon-fodder, IMO. Or do not act well in later stages of game, where they can be easly overrun by vetted infantry on any mechanised(yes-yes, ASS grens, im talking about u)

Make Conscripts non-doc 0 cp call in infantry Kappa
17 Jan 2019, 10:50 AM

P.s. I'm strongly in favour of 0 CP commander infantry in general. It's been argued about for a long time, but it has to be 0 CP if you want to increase the variety of play styles available :D

1 CP is just too late for standard infantry, though 3 CP is a good timing for elite infantry...
17 Jan 2019, 20:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2019, 10:50 AMEuan
P.s. I'm strongly in favour of 0 CP commander infantry in general. It's been argued about for a long time, but it has to be 0 CP if you want to increase the variety of play styles available :D

1 CP is just too late for standard infantry, though 3 CP is a good timing for elite infantry...

+1

I feel kind of ambivalent about whether they should be buildable from the hq instead of callin but I definitely see the rationale behind it too/
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★