Login

russian armor

Usf Rifle Company

14 Jan 2019, 21:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2019, 17:24 PMEsxile

As far as I see Pioneer with flamer running around doesn't seem to bother you. Why would RE?

Do pioneers get another man and can equip minesweepers and flamethrowers?
14 Jan 2019, 22:22 PM

Do pioneers get another man and can equip minesweepers and flamethrowers?
I would be more scarred of BARs than mine sweepers. I mean u are basically giving them the better volks STG upgrade + flamer
14 Jan 2019, 22:24 PM

I would be more scarred of BARs than mine sweepers. I mean u are basically giving them the better volks STG upgrade + flamer

You could do that too. My point is that you can in theory give them a flamethrower, a Bar and a minesweeper.

Pioneers dont get that versatility.
14 Jan 2019, 22:24 PM

Perhaps this doctrine should include LMG upgrade for Riflemen.
15 Jan 2019, 08:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2019, 21:18 PMVipper

I am not complaining about anything I am just explaining my point of view about a change suggested by you.

Lets go back to the start, you suggested that "fire up" should be replaced with "tactical movement" and I pointed out that that could causes all of sort of problem. Since it has not happen I can not provide such a replay.

Now if you still having trouble understating why a USF blob running around the map (with RE with flamer on top of everything else) would be problematic, I could probably create a MOD for you to test.

Do we have problem with blobs of Gren+G43+Pioneer+flamer running all over the map? nop. Sometimes it happens but it doesn't break the game.
Do we have problem with Valiant assault and volks+STG+falls+sturmpio running all over the map as that speed + buff? nop, Somtimes it happnes but it doesn't break the game
Do we have problem with For the Motherland and Penal+conscript doing the same shit? nop. Sometimes it happens but it doesn't break the game.
15 Jan 2019, 08:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2019, 08:13 AMEsxile

Do we have problem with blobs of Gren+G43+Pioneer+flamer running all over the map? nop. Sometimes it happens but it doesn't break the game.
Do we have problem with Valiant assault and volks+STG+falls+sturmpio running all over the map as that speed + buff? nop, Somtimes it happnes but it doesn't break the game
Do we have problem with For the Motherland and Penal+conscript doing the same shit? nop. Sometimes it happens but it doesn't break the game.

The same argument was used when the USF mortar was introduced and has been proven that even when it almost identical to Ostheer mortars it was broken (after the bugs where fixed).

For the mother land is starting to look problematic.

Riflemen with bars and R.E. with flamer and smoke grenades are far more effective than Grenadiers even with g43, while facing less lethal opposition.

USF blob are very effective there no reason to make more effective by allowing them to run around.
15 Jan 2019, 08:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2019, 08:35 AMVipper

The same argument was used when the USF mortar was introduced and has been proven that even when it almost identical to Ostheer mortars it was broken (after the bugs where fixed).

Riflemen with bars and R.E. with flamer and smoke grenades are far more effective than Grenadiers even with g43, while facing less lethal opposition.

USF blob are very effective there no reason to make more effective by allowing them to run around.

So, are u play USF with rifle company?

u are saying "USF blob is strong, so there no reason to make more effective by allowing them to run around"

why dont u use "sprint with blobing?"

or just your "not play but thinking?"

Nobody use sprint. it is fact

15 Jan 2019, 08:40 AM

dbuff blobs. even hears of iron does it with combat width. i said it before, as soon as there are x amount of units in x amount of space = debuff
15 Jan 2019, 09:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2019, 08:39 AMblancat

So, are u play USF with rifle company?
u are saying "USF blob is strong, so there no reason to make more effective by allowing them to run around"
why dont u use "sprint with blobing?"
or just your "not play but thinking?"
Nobody use sprint. it is fact

PLS try to read has been said before you jump in a debate.

PLS do not turn this into a personal issue, what I companies I use is irrelevant to this topic.

USF does not have "sprint" they have "fire up", and "fire up" is weaker than other similar abilities by design. Now it has been suggested that "fire up" should be replaced by "tactical movement". I am simply saying that imo that would be a bad idea and explaining why.

15 Jan 2019, 09:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2019, 08:40 AMBaba
dbuff blobs. even hears of iron does it with combat width. i said it before, as soon as there are x amount of units in x amount of space = debuff

The problem with that is the performance hit on the game. A friend of mine implemented a sort of anti-blob debuff system like the one you're suggesting but in CoH for a mod. He put an aura around each infantry model that detected if there are any other friendly infantry models in an aura, 1 or 2 models might be an exception because of the squad's members, however if there were 5 models all in the same place it the debuff started to go into effect.

Sure it got the job done but the strain on the CPU was massive for some people since the aura sent a report to the game if there were any models in the auras every second or so, that might not sound like much for the newer CPUs nowadays but the older ones will suffer, plus the game engine is old and even if you put it on a NASA computer it will still lag.
15 Jan 2019, 10:42 AM

Rifle Company, IMO, needs just a few adjustments. Combine the flares with fire up in a single ability, remove the winddown after fire up and give riflemen defenses. There u go, no need for new units.
15 Jan 2019, 10:53 AM

The problem with that is the performance hit on the game.
[…]
Sure it got the job done but the strain on the CPU was massive

That just sounds like poor optimization/implementation, as CoH1 had the exact same opposite system for Panzer Elite (it gave a minor buff for every model in proximity the one model) without any problems. And I'd make such a system squad based anyway, so it's still effective to fight with 2 squads (this happens a lot) but using 3-4 or even more squads in a blob gets heavily punished.
15 Jan 2019, 17:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2019, 08:35 AMVipper

Flamer echelons cannot use smoke
15 Jan 2019, 17:42 PM

Flamer echelons cannot use smoke

No they can not a blob thou can. There is little reason for USF to have access to a tactical movement ability.

The restrictions on "fire up" are there by design and not by accident.
15 Jan 2019, 18:23 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2019, 17:42 PMVipper

The restrictions on "fire up" are there by design and not by accident.

Rifle Company changes were also band-aid fixes more than anything. Ostheer units have the potent sprint, even before it was introduced into camouflage via Encirclement. Veteran Riflemen never got a rework and was outright removed which would have been a perfect squad leader upgrade like we have for Grenadiers at the cost of a weapon slot.

As for what could be done off-the-bat, 'Flares' should be merged with 'Fired-Up' which should no longer have a de-buff.
15 Jan 2019, 18:35 PM

Rifle Company changes was also band-aid fixed more than anything. Ostheer units have the potent sprint, even before it was introduced into camouflage. Veteran Riflemen never got a rework and was outright removed which would have been a perfect squad leader upgrade like we have for Grenadiers at the cost of a weapon slot.

As for what could be done off-the-bat, 'Flares' should be merged with 'Fired-Up' which should no longer have a de-buff.

Flares and "fire Up" are weak abilities and could use a some tweaks, the the rest of the ability are very good.

I would be careful on changing things in the commander since,imo good abilities should be combined with weak abilities so that the all commanders have about the same power level.

My comment thou are a response to a suggestion to replace "fire up" with the Oshteer "tactical movement" ability which imo will prove problematic.
16 Jan 2019, 00:19 AM

Rifle Company changes were also band-aid fixes more than anything. Ostheer units have the potent sprint, even before it was introduced into camouflage via Encirclement. Veteran Riflemen never got a rework and was outright removed which would have been a perfect squad leader upgrade like we have for Grenadiers at the cost of a weapon slot.

Speaking of changers for Rifle Company, I am guessing that the free slot opened up by the merge of the 2 abilities would be taken up by Riflemen Defenses?

If so I have a question of whether or not it's possible to also somehow include the M1919A6s in the commander instead of the RE flames for example or if they were merged as well? The simple reason being is that, well, it's an ability for another unit which are not riflemen and frankly, the commander is meant to be focused around them lol.

Apart from those things and a rework of the E8 tho I think it would be once again a solid commander choice.
16 Jan 2019, 00:45 AM

+1

A German infantry doctrine-esque veteran squad leader upgrade for rifles would be great for rifle company too IMO.
16 Jan 2019, 01:21 AM

Merging flares with Sprint (removing the debuff) would be great.

So that adds an additional slot which could be replaced with...

1. Rifleman field defences

2. Veteran squad leader upgrade ( takes one weapon slot).

Iver one would vastly improve the commander.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★