replace starting unit from strumpio to volk

assault engineer cp 0 -> cp 1

FAIR
31 Dec 2018, 18:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2018, 18:36 PMblancat

replace starting unit from strumpio to volk

assault engineer cp 0 -> cp 1

FAIR

Probably both, AEs and JLI could use a bump by 1 cp.
31 Dec 2018, 19:07 PM

wow you just turned my argument in a idiotic speech... was that neccessary?

But no, i dont agree with you in this. ST is a doctrinal, quite expensive, assault gun, a single shot, rather slow to shoot, not to mention way too obvious where its aimed to. We all know that already.
If you stack up a single TD and a snare, you need to call 911 to rescue it from certain death. Yet a single TD poses 75% of the threat already, you cant kill it with ST and they will bring it down if you dont fall back immediatly. I use it everytime with vision blockers and its quite micro intensive to use it, just because it cant use its frontal armor as a proper shield.

My point is, as an assault gun it does its job quite underwhelmingly.

edit: Considering its cost vs a Pz4 or Panther it should give some benefit rather than being a "blob killer"

Sure, you're not wrong either. I was just pointing out the fact that one Td isn't going to be enough to kill it and you really shouldn't be letting him snare it either though. Combined arms on his end necessitates combined arms on your end too at that point, where you should have infantry or mgs supporting/screening for his infantry.
31 Dec 2018, 19:29 PM

I think Assault Engineers should stay 0CP and 5 men so USF can keep a healthy alternative (aggressive) opening, as diversity = fun. 4 men was too ineffective to be viable.

Locking flamer behind tech and moving 0.9 RA into vet1 should make them manageable enough early game if Axis can set up some favorable engagements, while still being very strong in ambushes (just like Sturmpioneers).

Whats your opinion on making their reinforcement cost a bit cheaper? 30 Feels a bit much for a 5 man squad.

Hey,

When I look at your numbers, I can't see that pathfinder are worser than grens. You think they are UP?
I agree pathfinder spam vs okw JLI is not gonna work. BUT when you play vs wehrmacht, they are very good.
Reason:
- Cloak in cover ( vs sniper)
- Giving long LoS ( spot mg42)
- Don't underestimate the crits "headshots" from them.
- They earn very fast vet imo
- Don't forget to build this thing with them. You can build 3 of them and they are useful.

I personal think the problem is: vs OKW they are UP - fine; but vs Wehrmacht they are fine - OP.

If you buff pathfinders than they probably deserve a vet nerf. They vet ridiculously quick imo.
31 Dec 2018, 19:30 PM

We both agree now
31 Dec 2018, 19:38 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Whats your opinion on making their reinforcement cost a bit cheaper? 30 Feels a bit much for a 5 man squad.

Refer to:

Yeah fair enough.
31 Dec 2018, 19:43 PM

Refer to:

Yeah I read it after I posted, my bad
31 Dec 2018, 20:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2018, 10:34 AMVipper

Units available before minute 1 should be balanced around mainline infantry (grenadiers optimally), most mainline infantry have access to weapon upgrades.

That creates the issues that CP 0 call in units are either too strong when they arrive are to weak in mid game. By allowing weapons upgrades also one can adjust their power level according to the time frame. This does not have to be side tech.

In the cases of assault engineers having many flamers units burning everything is problematic.

how much munitions does it cost to get it?

What's really wrong with it? It's a good way to be able to balance early units by delaying their weapon upgrades without having to make said upgrades more expensive. More expensive upgrades would create disbalance between costs across factions (why should Assault Engineers have to pay more for their flamethrower than other factions while it does the same) and they would be a nerf the unit in all stages of the game (as replacing a unit becomes more expensive) rather than just delaying their early game power spike. Tying upgrades to tech has several major advantages.

yeah, and Ost's Ostruppen are numerous and ruin your game plan as they outnumber USF's squads, but they are crap in combat. And for comparison, Assault engineers are an OKW ripoff. They get a flamethrower but it's not compared to the 4 ARs Stumpioneers have. Assault engineers will still drop like flies.
31 Dec 2018, 20:46 PM

And for comparison, Assault engineers are an OKW ripoff. They get a flamethrower but it's not compared to the 4 ARs Stumpioneers have. Assault engineers will still drop like flies.

They have practically the same RA (SP 0,87; AE 0,9), but 5 models and higher near range DPS (SP 64, AE 67) as well as longer range for near DPS (SP 3; AE 10). They have higher on-the-move accuracy/DPS (SP ~50%, AE ~66%). They cost 280MP as opposed to 300MP. They get the flamethrower as a stock upgrade. They have better combat veterancy and lower requirements. They face Kar 98K mainline infantry as opposed to M1 Garands.

How exactly are they worse than Sturmpioneers?
31 Dec 2018, 21:01 PM

They have practically the same RA (SP 0,87; AE 0,9), but 5 models and higher near range DPS (SP 64, AE 67) as well as longer range for near DPS (SP 3; AE 10). They have higher on-the-move accuracy/DPS (SP ~50%, AE ~66%). They cost 280MP as opposed to 300MP. They get the flamethrower as a stock upgrade. They have better combat veterancy and lower requirements. They face Kar 98K mainline infantry as opposed to M1 Garands.

How exactly are they worse than Sturmpioneers?

+1
31 Dec 2018, 21:37 PM

One thing the poll didn't ask about is the 45mm AT gun for soviets.

TBH I am somewhat confused about this, as despite trying to use it, it doesn't seem to do a whole lot. It's incredibly cheap and doesn't require specific teching, so it's understandable that it's not great, but I think the only real use for it now is to panic call it in if you get rushed with a flamer or a luchs. The Canister shot idea is a good concept, tho I'm not sure if it does any real work. I would like to ask others who have used it to share their experience regarding it's role in:

A) fighting off vehicles and

B) supporting anti-infantry (it obviously doesn't kill for squat, but it softens I guess).
31 Dec 2018, 22:07 PM

The stug E on defensive doctrine, which also includes ostruppen, makes it a super deadly weapon. you guys need to really reconsider not mixing a tank call in and ostruppen in one doctrine.
1 Jan 2019, 00:13 AM

I wonder where people get this idea from that the KT with panzer commander is a good unit. I tested it and it doesn´t help in any significant way. The weaknesses of the KT are scatter, high penetration and range TDs and bad turret rotation. Giving it slightly more sight doesn´t fix that. And the 10% accuracy don´t matter in infantry combat because in order to kill infantry, scatter and AOE are what matters. The arty is decent to deny an area (for example to cap a VP while KT sits behind it) but that´s not enough to make the KT viabe.

Never said it made the kt good. I'm pointing out that between the sturmtiger and the kt, the kt in this case is a better option.

I understand if you havnt unlocked the kt yet you would get the sturm but besides that.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS