Login

russian armor

Major Unbalancing

21 Dec 2018, 20:57 PM

Hey all, first post i've done here, ever.

So for clarification i have around 300 hours on COH2, i normally play for a few weeks and then quit for a while. Recently i really got into the game. And boy has things changed.

My issues with the major unbalancing is the constant German Bias within this game.

This can be seen in multiple points such as:

OKW's MG that has the wing span of a hawk and major phantom range. For example i was about 5/10m away from the arc of the MG and it was still suppressing the life out of me

The Fact OKW Get AT capibilities early on in the game. Oh you have a scout car? A univarsal Carrier? Well tough, because OKW get panzerfausts so early on in the game that it renders most light vehicles useless. And i know what some people will say "Keep your distance". That's good advice, The only issue is by the time the click their ability and you have moved your vehicle away, tough crap. The Phantom range will hit you and make sure the panzerfaust never misses.

Final point: Feuersturm Doctrinal Commander. So not only do we have everything listed above, but now we have cheap infantry (Volks Gren) that now get amazingly good SMG/CQC abilities.

So within the first 5 minutes of the game you are fighting against cheap infantry with great CQC abilities with Anti Tank capibilties with MG's that can hit you from every angel.

Sure this is not balanced? The whole point of the game is Quality over Quantity. For example the Soviets have bad infantry, but they are cheap and plentyful.

OKW is a soviet union with everything cheaper and better than what the soviets actually get.

But maybe i am wrong, maybe i am not following the new up to date meta. I mean after all i still use Soviet Penal/Maxim builds.

Can someone either 1. Clarify what i am seeing is normal or 2. Give me advice to combat this? Becuase it is really killing my experinces at this game.
21 Dec 2018, 21:01 PM

okw has at soo early cause the pazer faust comes after u set up a truck that cost 40 at minimum but the u add that okw start with 5 fuel instead of 20 so its 55 fuel, while other can get it at max 30 fuel (apart from usf that gets at nades from vet)

i don't understand why u say panzer faust comes early maybe u meant rakt ?
21 Dec 2018, 23:01 PM
Donator 11

I would agree that the rakt does come to early as the changes to include it into t0 was before the addition of snares.

I would like to test to see if it would be feasible to plop it behind a t1 (or 2) unlock.
21 Dec 2018, 23:14 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Use Soviet T1 against OKW, not T0. Cons lose consistantly vs volks at all stages of the game. Penals crush volks early game and hold their own late. Supplement lategame with guard squads, or the new shock troops.
22 Dec 2018, 00:21 AM

I've noticed a lot of sketchy stuff recently. For example a few games ago i took and held all the enemy fuel points for 10 minutes, and all of a sudden he spammed 13 Stug 3s
22 Dec 2018, 02:40 AM

I've noticed a lot of sketchy stuff recently. For example a few games ago i took and held all the enemy fuel points for 10 minutes, and all of a sudden he spammed 13 Stug 3s

The replay feature can help you find out what's going on there.
22 Dec 2018, 03:34 AM

the only real problem i see with soviet T1 play vs OKW is JLI and the 221... jager light infantry snipe penal models like crazy when having a few volks to screen for them... and the 221 is strong enough to deny most of the aggression from the M3A1 negating much of the advantage of sov T1 play... other than that sov T1 can win over okw if played well..
22 Dec 2018, 04:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2018, 03:34 AMgbem
the only real problem i see with soviet T1 play vs OKW is JLI and the 221... jager light infantry snipe penal models like crazy when having a few volks to screen for them... and the 221 is strong enough to deny most of the aggression from the M3A1 negating much of the advantage of sov T1 play... other than that sov T1 can win over okw if played well..

M3 (which cost 5 fuel) is stronger than 221 (which cost 20 fuel).
22 Dec 2018, 05:44 AM

the M3A1 costs 15 fuel

also
conducted the test in a sample size of 5 instead of the original 3
long range... 221 won 2 times m3a1 3 times
short range 221 won 1 times M3A1 4 times

heres the interesting part...
the M3A1 actually loses to the 221 initially at long range battles... the problem is the m3a1 gains veterancy halfway through the battle while the 221 doesnt... 221 then proceeds to lose vs a vet 1 M3A1...

solution = reduce the exp needed for the 221 to reach vet 1

also note that the 221 can circle strafe and chase the m3a1 relatively easily as its turreted...

lastly it also stomps out the early aggression of the M3A1 of sov... delaying the game long enough for okw to throw out obers and wipe sov from the face of the earth...

as for UKF i dont know... i barely played the faction since IS were nerfed to near irrelevance...
22 Dec 2018, 05:46 AM

lastly note that okw can rely on rakaten x 221 combo at this point... guards still dont come out and putting a PTRS on a penal is shooting yourself...
22 Dec 2018, 05:51 AM

ohh and the 221 also gets smoke and healing to compensate for the inability to garrison infantry...
22 Dec 2018, 16:10 PM

Hey all, first post i've done here, ever.

So for clarification i have around 300 hours on COH2, i normally play for a few weeks and then quit for a while. Recently i really got into the game. And boy has things changed.

My issues with the major unbalancing is the constant German Bias within this game.

This can be seen in multiple points such as:

OKW's MG that has the wing span of a hawk and major phantom range. For example i was about 5/10m away from the arc of the MG and it was still suppressing the life out of me

The Fact OKW Get AT capibilities early on in the game. Oh you have a scout car? A univarsal Carrier? Well tough, because OKW get panzerfausts so early on in the game that it renders most light vehicles useless. And i know what some people will say "Keep your distance". That's good advice, The only issue is by the time the click their ability and you have moved your vehicle away, tough crap. The Phantom range will hit you and make sure the panzerfaust never misses.

Final point: Feuersturm Doctrinal Commander. So not only do we have everything listed above, but now we have cheap infantry (Volks Gren) that now get amazingly good SMG/CQC abilities.

So within the first 5 minutes of the game you are fighting against cheap infantry with great CQC abilities with Anti Tank capibilties with MG's that can hit you from every angel.

Sure this is not balanced? The whole point of the game is Quality over Quantity. For example the Soviets have bad infantry, but they are cheap and plentyful.

OKW is a soviet union with everything cheaper and better than what the soviets actually get.

But maybe i am wrong, maybe i am not following the new up to date meta. I mean after all i still use Soviet Penal/Maxim builds.

Can someone either 1. Clarify what i am seeing is normal or 2. Give me advice to combat this? Becuase it is really killing my experinces at this game.

This has to be a troll post right?

1) MG34 is too good??!!! Did you confuse it with the MG42?
2) OKW actually has AT so it doesn't auto-lose vs light vehicles, so OP
3) Fuhrerstorm LUL. Basically a meme doctrine.

In case you haven't realised after 300 hours in the game, all infantry snares work the same way. Range is only relevant for activating the ability. Once activated, the snare tracks (unless it gets messed up by terrain/something else). I've seen Rifleman AT Nade fly a full screen chasing after a Luchs. It works the same way for Conscript and Brit Sapper AT nades. If anything Axis probably has it worse, since the panzerfaust has been known to bug out on rare occasions while Allied snares don't.

You should get in the habit of checking your opponent's ranks after you lose games - they were probably just much better players. The only major imbalance you've actually proven is the rank differential between you and your opponents.
22 Dec 2018, 16:38 PM

It's always nice to see newcomers join to complain about OKW.
Special Snowflake Faction.
22 Dec 2018, 18:02 PM

Use Soviet T1 against OKW, not T0. Cons lose consistantly vs volks at all stages of the game. Penals crush volks early game and hold their own late. Supplement lategame with guard squads, or the new shock troops.

See that's the problem. Your 240mp can't stand against their 250mp unit so instead you need to drop 160mp building a tech and then 300mp per unit to fight them and then mix in even more expensive elite troops. Doesn't that leave a bad taste in your mouth? It does mine...
22 Dec 2018, 18:16 PM

^the previous thread i made gave me an idea on how to fix penals cons and T1/T2 so that none of them obsolete each other...

cons go to 220
penals get SVTs replaced by volksgrenadier stat mosin clones... price goes to 260... DP and PTRS exclusive upgrades to allow anti infantry or anti tank specialization instead of an anti everything blob
maxim HMG + 0.001 suppression and 20% more damage

cons become utility infantry and meatshields
penals arent oppressive earlygame anymore (so that conscripts arent obsoleted) but scale better to lategame
maxim HMG is no longer shite

22 Dec 2018, 19:14 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

I've seen Rifleman AT Nade fly a full screen chasing after a Luchs.

You mean like this?

https://clips.twitch.tv/SuccessfulOutstandingGiraffeShadyLulu
22 Dec 2018, 19:35 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

See that's the problem. Your 240mp can't stand against their 250mp unit so instead you need to drop 160mp building a tech and then 300mp per unit to fight them and then mix in even more expensive elite troops. Doesn't that leave a bad taste in your mouth? It does mine...

That's literally how the game functions though. Why would I buy t0 volks if cons would beat them at 10mp cheaper. More expensive things > less expensive things. No one complains t0 tommies crush t0 volks. T1 grens which come from a building lose to t0 tommies.
22 Dec 2018, 20:29 PM

That's literally how the game functions though. Why would I buy t0 volks if cons would beat them at 10mp cheaper. More expensive things > less expensive things. No one complains t0 tommies crush t0 volks. T1 grens which come from a building lose to t0 tommies.

Because 40mp is 4x as much as 10mp.and the price difference is FAR more than paid for by the extra 205mp needed to tech them. If anything cons should be outperfomring volks in raw combat stats because they need extra investment for the snare and molotov. 240mo doesn't properly reflect cons because cons are incomplete. 240mp for an incomplete kit vs 250 for a better squad AND a complete kit.
If 10mp is enough to justify no side tech and a weapon upgrade you may want to revisit the gren Tommy match up.
23 Dec 2018, 03:58 AM

well the point is cost efficiency... volks trade individual power for cost efficiency vs rifles... rifles can crush volks on a 1 on 1... but trade that for greater field presence and much lower manpower trickle...

cons trade power for nothing... they are neither as cost efficient as volks nor as powerful as rifles... when compared to volks they are damn near useless...
23 Dec 2018, 04:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2018, 03:58 AMgbem

well the point is cost efficiency... volks trade individual power for cost efficiency vs rifles... rifles can crush volks on a 1 on 1... but trade that for greater field presence and much lower manpower trickle...

cons trade power for nothing... they are neither as cost efficient as volks nor as powerful as rifles... when compared to volks they are damn near useless...

But it works so damn well when you use certain doctrines.

Adv war with PPSH cons that fixes your T-34-85 is unbelievably useful.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★