PAGES (10)down
21 Dec 2018, 02:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2018, 01:54 AMMittens
IMO a better fix would be cost to
building
240MO
15~20 fuel
maxim down - 240
(Build time reduced by 10 or stats buffed your pick)
Mortar - 240
ATG - 300

I mean we have to consider the fact that MG42 is t0, needs no tech, and is relatively cheap.
Maxim needs a buff TLDR and fuel cost of t2 makes it un-appealing and still lacks the scout car that you would normally invest your fuel in if you went t1

Moveing HMG42 back to T1 would be a good start.

Would be nice if Grenadiers get into T0, like in close beta 7 yeas ago. Then the side-tech for Faust with T1 would be more logical.

21 Dec 2018, 02:28 AM
Donator 11

Would be nice if Grenadiers get into T0, like in close beta 7 yeas ago. Then the side-tech for Faust with T1 would be more logical.

I'd be hard press to say otherwise. Grens are basic units idk why they aren't base units like riflemen/Brit sections.

the MG42 is rly good and IMO would be better locked behind a gate of t1 building so they come later. The problem with this though processes (and im not saying im for or against) is that putting the MG42 in t0 opens up different strats so I'm wondering if it would hurt OST opening.
21 Dec 2018, 04:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2018, 01:54 AMMittens
IMO a better fix would be cost to
building
240MO
15~20 fuel
maxim down - 240
(Build time reduced by 10 or stats buffed your pick)
Mortar - 240
ATG - 300

I mean we have to consider the fact that MG42 is t0, needs no tech, and is relatively cheap.
Maxim needs a buff TLDR and fuel cost of t2 makes it un-appealing and still lacks the scout car that you would normally invest your fuel in if you went t1

that may lead to maxim spam to be honest... without buffs to the conscript the maxim will be spammed in response
21 Dec 2018, 04:45 AM

idk tbh... the maxim does not deserve a 260 MP cost as of the moment... some buffs need to be done in order to compensate for its awful performance
21 Dec 2018, 04:48 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2018, 04:44 AMgbem

that may lead to maxim spam to be honest... without buffs to the conscript the maxim will be spammed in response

Its possible, the build time for maxim is rly long TBH. At the least I think the build time should come down slightly and drop the MP cost by 10.
21 Dec 2018, 04:58 AM

volks op yayayada stg are x 1000 better than bar yada yada, etc rifleman are still the best mainline infantry, they carry the entire faction, that's why usf has awful support weapon.....

penals are the best mainline infantry pound per pound followed by rifles then IS... regardless OKW volksgrenadiers are still the MOST EFFICIENT SQUAD per MP cost having vastly superior performance to the conscript across the board for a measly 10mp increase... they even get a no brainer nondoc weapon upgrade... compared to volks conscripts are TRASH... this is balanced by the superior performance of the rifleman and the blob suppression and manpower bleed of the sniper/mg-42... but compared to these assets the conscript is simply left in the dust

what i meant is that IS beats green at long and medium range but green beat them at close ......

changing the narrative... nice

maxim has the same RA as mg42 what are on ?......

afaik the weapon crew of the maxim has higher RA from what i remember by graaf`s tests... the dps sheet here doesnt include RA so i couldnt double check

as already said the maxim just needs a 0,001 increase in sup and 20% more damage so it's not another clone mg it will suppress and deal damage while mg 42 only suppress......

this without a buff to the conscript may lead to maxim spams tbh... especially against OKW since the maxim is the only way one can achieve parity with the volksgrenadier..
solution:
buff the conscript to volks levels
nerf the volks to conscript levels

tw is good but other at guns have some really good vet too (for example more range on usf) and if im not wrong the brit one still has bonus acc to either LV or tank......

bonus acc is to LVs only as far as i know... still TWP is a more dangerous ability in the right hands

the barrage is used and they even had to nerf cause it was too good and wiped easily, now u can kill some units with the first shoot and if u are aming at support weapon or building it sill kill it.....

barrage got buffed since it was useless at 60 munitions and therefore was reduced to 35 in order to become usable...

reducing the cost by 20/30 mp would amk4e cons op, just look what happened when they slightly buffed them cause everyone was whining, they instantly had to revert the range changes....

it wont make cons OP... it will give cons parity with the volksgrenadier which SHOULD BE 20/30 mp higher...
21 Dec 2018, 05:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2018, 04:48 AMMittens

Its possible, the build time for maxim is rly long TBH. At the least I think the build time should come down slightly and drop the MP cost by 10.

problem is the conscript still doesnt have parity with the volksgrenadier... compensating it with the maxim leads to unpleasant spams...
21 Dec 2018, 08:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2018, 09:10 AMd0ggY

vs Wehr : Cons Cons Cons Cons .. then whatever you feel like you need.

This gives you advantage of capping power and you are able to flank, mostly i get molotovs between conscript 3 and 4. Then you just pressure him, you always have the advantage of having higher numbers. Got to play it aggresive.

vs Okw : Maxim Maxim Maxim... Maxim or Zis.

Conscripts vs okw i get very very rarely. Maybe on maps where i need some more capping power.

The Thing is, with your maxims you want to play a little bit of like a flanking infantry unit, and then cover the maxim with another maxim, which is covered by another maxim. You don't want to spread out that much.

Zarok47 ... we miss you ...????

21 Dec 2018, 09:01 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Maxims, the terran bunker of Coh2.
21 Dec 2018, 09:06 AM

Maxims, the terran bunker of Coh2.

Maybe 2 years ago.
Now its more like Protoss photon cannon.
With all surroundign pylons destroyed.
21 Dec 2018, 09:34 AM

If I capture Vikkers / MG-42 / Browning, I will immediately send my Maxim to death, Maxim is no longer an attacking machine gun as before but a defensive one. Main task defense machine gun blob suppression - the maximum that it can suppress one unit. If in the current state he would have been with the old cone and the fast installation speed (attacking machine gun) - Maxim would have been fine. In the current state, he is one of the worst machine guns.
21 Dec 2018, 09:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2018, 09:06 AMKatitof

Maybe 2 years ago.

if conscripts were supposed to be zerglings... what are they now?
21 Dec 2018, 09:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2018, 09:06 AMKatitof

Maybe 2 years ago.

wait the photon cannon isnt too bad afaik... some players use it in the midgame as protection
21 Dec 2018, 09:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2018, 09:36 AMgbem

if conscripts were supposed to be zerglings... what are they now?

Pretty much everything using mosin that isn't guards is a drone.
Yes, cheap, yes, spammable, no, completely ineffective in combat.
21 Dec 2018, 09:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2018, 09:39 AMKatitof

Pretty much everything using mosin that isn't guards is a drone.
Yes, cheap, yes, spammable, no, completely ineffective in combat.

terran SCV rush is OP in starcraft afaik...
21 Dec 2018, 10:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2018, 04:58 AMgbem

penals are the best mainline infantry pound per pound followed by rifles then IS... regardless OKW volksgrenadiers are still the MOST EFFICIENT SQUAD per MP cost having vastly superior performance to the conscript across the board for a measly 10mp increase... they even get a no brainer nondoc weapon upgrade... compared to volks conscripts are TRASH... this is balanced by the superior performance of the rifleman and the blob suppression and manpower bleed of the sniper/mg-42... but compared to these assets the conscript is simply left in the dust

changing the narrative... nice

afaik the weapon crew of the maxim has higher RA from what i remember by graaf`s tests... the dps sheet here doesnt include RA so i couldnt double check

this without a buff to the conscript may lead to maxim spams tbh... especially against OKW since the maxim is the only way one can achieve parity with the volksgrenadier..
solution:
buff the conscript to volks levels
nerf the volks to conscript levels

bonus acc is to LVs only as far as i know... still TWP is a more dangerous ability in the right hands

barrage got buffed since it was useless at 60 munitions and therefore was reduced to 35 in order to become usable...

it wont make cons OP... it will give cons parity with the volksgrenadier which SHOULD BE 20/30 mp higher...
i did not change the narrative I just made a mistake u can see it in my previous reply I wrote that IS wins at long range and green too ( Meant at short)

Weapon have same ra across the board only the soviet have 2 more mans

As along as they don’t buff the set up time maxim spam will not be possible (u see mg 42 spam ?)

The munitions cost was reduced recently but they nerfed the aoe too previously

Increasing the volks cost by 30 would need an adequate buff to as they would cost the same as IS or rifle man

The Brit’s get the bonus acc + the vet ability (it makes it impossible to circle strife )
21 Dec 2018, 10:40 AM

i did not change the narrative I just made a mistake u can see it in my previous reply I wrote that IS wins at long range and green too ( Meant at short)

understood

Weapon have same ra across the board only the soviet have 2 more mans

i shall check an archived version of coh2stats... regardless the maxim is still crap

As along as they don’t buff the set up time maxim spam will not be possible (so use mg 42 spam ?)

the maxim spam exists because the conscript is as good as a feather duster

The munitions cost was reduced recently but they nerfed the aoe too previously

afaik that was done in the same patch... they altered the aoe and the number of rounds fired...

Increasing the bills cost by 30 would need an adequate buff to as they would cost the same as IS or rifle man

maybe 20 to 30mp is too much to achieve cost efficiency for volks... but i understand why volks are cost efficient... theyre less powerful squad per squad vs rifles and IS... which gives USF and UKF the pressure initiative over field presence... but cons have neither individual strength nor cost efficiency... at this point theyre just glorified combat engineers... hell CE have a target size of 1 compared to 1.06 for cons...

the point?

if volks stay cost efficient then conscripts need to be EVEN MORE cost efficient than volks since they are even weaker individually....

The Brit’s get the bonus acc + the vet ability (it makes it impossible to circle strife )

TWP = can decide a match in one shot...
21 Dec 2018, 12:55 PM

Why not something like that?

- Cons price from 240 to 220.
- Penals get a Mosin Nagat, same weapons as Cons. Get a passive weapon-upgrade for SVT-40 guns if T3/T4 gets build. (same stats as current) - > so you bild them for ptrs and destroy structures. Later buff for replacing Cons as main unit.

- HMG42 get moved into T1
- Grens get moved into T0

The remove if early MG42 needs some changes for US, e. g. assault pioneers have to become CP1.
21 Dec 2018, 13:06 PM

Why not something like that?

- Cons price from 240 to 220.
- Penals get a Mosin Nagat, same weapons as Cons. Get a passive weapon-upgrade for SVT-40 guns if T3/T4 gets build. (same stats as current) - > so you bild them for ptrs and destroy structures. Later buff for replacing Cons as main unit.

- HMG42 get moved into T1
- Grens get moved into T0

The remove if early MG42 needs some changes for US, e. g. assault pioneers have to become CP1.

maxim still needs to be useful... needs to get more suppression to be useful...

penals should a 4x svt 60 muni upgrade upon T3 and should cost 260mp with the PTRS as an optional side upgrade... penals get a mosin with volksgrenadier stats... but retain superior RA and that fighting harder when people die ability...

mg42 to t1 might make a matchup against USF difficult... might aswell keep the mg42 in t0 imo...
21 Dec 2018, 13:34 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2018, 05:00 AMgbem

problem is the conscript still doesnt have parity with the volksgrenadier... compensating it with the maxim leads to unpleasant spams...

IMO the problem is that (like most allied units) they are only good at close range and therefore Volks/grens can sit back and kill a model on walk up engagement. Riflemen are the same way as you have to close the distance to be as effective as their units.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS