Login

russian armor

can we now fix soviet T2 please?

PAGES (10)down
21 Dec 2018, 13:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2018, 13:34 PMMittens

IMO the problem is that (like most allied units) they are only good at close range and therefore Volks/grens can sit back and kill a model on walk up engagement. Riflemen are the same way as you have to close the distance to be as effective as their units.

That and volks get an upgrade that makes closing on them suicide. So you lose at range and lose harder up close. #balanced
21 Dec 2018, 13:44 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Zarok47 ... we miss you ...????

Zarok is just a cheap copycat of my glorious maxim abuse. Kappa
21 Dec 2018, 13:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2018, 13:44 PMd0ggY

Zarok is just a cheap copycat of my glorious maxim abuse. Kappa

the fact that maxims have to be spammed in order to be useful vs okw highlights the deficiency of the conscript and of T2 really
21 Dec 2018, 13:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2018, 13:34 PMMittens

IMO the problem is that (like most allied units) they are only good at close range and therefore Volks/grens can sit back and kill a model on walk up engagement. Riflemen are the same way as you have to close the distance to be as effective as their units.

and that is exactly the reason why rifles can beat them... rifles with semi auto M1 garands can swat volks even after taking some damage...

conscripts on the other hand dont have long range or short range DPM advantages over volks ever since their DPM has been flattened from 16 base damage to 12 base damage... conscripts simply suck at every range bar close quarters touching vs volks...
21 Dec 2018, 13:52 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2018, 13:45 PMgbem

the fact that maxims have to be spammed in order to be useful vs okw highlights the deficiency of the conscript and of T2 really

while i agree, conscripts are probably the most unefficien unit, you don't need to spam maxim to have a good effect.

It's imo still an offensive mg, while mg42, vickers, aren't. I've played several times 4 cons into sniper into t70, then build t2 to lock down the territory with an AT gun and a maxim.

Be creative. Try out weird builds. The only faction you can do that is pretty much soviets.
21 Dec 2018, 14:31 PM

cons don't need a cost decrease, as they do their role early game, if u problem is the match up vs volks AFTER stg then just add either a dp28 upgrade or 3 stv upgrade at tier 4
21 Dec 2018, 14:36 PM

cons don't need a cost increase, as they do their role early game, if u problem is the match up vs volks AFTER stg then just add either a dp28 upgrade or 3 stv upgrade

stock cons lose to stock volks on all but the closest ranges meanwhile stock volks get a free pzfaust with a tech building... free incendiary nades with the sws truck which mind you the molly is the worst incendiary nade ingame bar none... and a nondoc weapon upgrade... cons stock or not are trash compared to volks...
21 Dec 2018, 14:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2018, 13:52 PMd0ggY

while i agree, conscripts are probably the most unefficien unit, you don't need to spam maxim to have a good effect.

It's imo still an offensive mg, while mg42, vickers, aren't. I've played several times 4 cons into sniper into t70, then build t2 to lock down the territory with an AT gun and a maxim.

Be creative. Try out weird builds. The only faction you can do that is pretty much soviets.

tried a conscript4x sniper T1 build... only really works against wehrmacht provided they didnt build enough grens and that i pressure them hard enough to stop the 222... absolutely useless vs OKW and very situational
21 Dec 2018, 14:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2018, 14:36 PMgbem

stock cons lose to stock volks on all but the closest ranges meanwhile stock volks get a free pzfaust with a tech building... free incendiary nades with the sws truck which mind you the molly is the worst incendiary nade ingame bar none... and a nondoc weapon upgrade... cons stock or not are trash compared to volks...
molotov only has a bit less range, thye deal same damage and the time needed to explode is the same, just so u know okw pay the most for teching, their so called upgrades are covered by the cost of trucks

the difference between the dps of 1 cons vs 1 volks is always almost 1 dps, at long range that hurts, but at close-mid range where the damage is higher overall cons gain the advantage thatnks to having 1 more man (1 more rifle and 80 more hp) the fights go like: 80% for volks at long, 50% at medium and 80% for cons at close, when they are at base upgrades, cons even get better vet, if ur problem is the stg wither they change it to a LMG or they give stv to cons
21 Dec 2018, 15:00 PM

molotov only has a bit less range, thye deal same damage and the time needed to explode is the same, just so u know okw pay the most for teching, their so called upgrades are covered by the cost of trucks

Time needed to explode from clicking might be the same but that only applies IF the molotov gets thrown. The long animation often leads to the thrower getting killed and the animation having to reset. There is no way to swing that throwing faster and further isn't a massive advantage. This is especially exaggerated when facing machine guns. The already lower range and longer animation is unbearable if suppressed while the lava nade still functions well because they don't need to bayonet the grenade onto the enemy.
21 Dec 2018, 15:10 PM

false the molly does not do damage upon detonation... the incendiary nade does... the incendiary also has superior range to the molly as you mentioned

also okw pays some 15 fuel for the truck that can upgrade into tech... that also grants an incendiary nade... sov pays 10 fuel for the molly but also has to pay more fuel to build tech buildings...

OKW T1 = sov T2 OKW T2 = sov T3

OKW pays 25 and 45 fuel for the T1 or T2 building respectively
SOV pays 20 fuel for T2 and 85(!!!) fuel for T2 and T3 respectively

on top of that i have to pay an extra 25 fuel for the AT nade... and you think that is an equivalent????

the difference between the dps of 1 cons vs 1 volks is always almost 1 dps, at long range that hurts, but at close-mid range where the damage is higher overall cons gain the advantage thatnks to having 1 more man (1 more rifle and 80 more hp) the fights go like: 80% for volks at long, 50% at medium and 80% for cons at close, when they are at base upgrades, cons even get better vet, if ur problem is the stg wither they change it to a LMG or they give stv to cons

actually no... as i tested on cheatmods volks win far and medium range engagements... cons only win in mid-close to very close engagements...
21 Dec 2018, 15:23 PM

i tested too they lost at mid range 3 time and won 3 tahts 50 % .......

u forgot the cost of the last tier and the optionals, dont "but they are optionals" me cause u pay medics for mp and okw has to pay them in fuel ........
21 Dec 2018, 15:40 PM

u forgot the cost of the last tier and the optionals, dont "but they are optionals" me cause u pay medics for mp and okw has to pay them in fuel ........

Completely option though. Sturms have 3 aoe heals for munitions and most okw infantry will eventually heal by themselves with vet.
USF also have to pay fuel for medics and lack any alternative Whatsoever
21 Dec 2018, 15:59 PM

and what range is midrange exactly? i had a 20 range engagement using sandbags as a measuring stick and volks won consistently...

your "last tier" is equivalent to ost T4 and is superior to sov T4 (looks at OKW P4)

sov pays with medics on a faction that is equivalent to a gigantic manpower sink outside of penal deathsquads... OKW pays with 15 fuel on a building thats basically designed for extremely efficient support/blob play...

also OKW doesnt even have to pay for medics for healing... sturmpios drop healing for muni... imo much better than a 250mp manpower sink or a 15 fuel upgrade...

21 Dec 2018, 16:01 PM

USF also have to pay fuel for medics and lack any alternative Whatsoever

the ambu imo is the greatest battle implement ingame XD... so long as rakatencheese doesnt blow it up... but rakatens are another form of cancer that need to be dealt with...
21 Dec 2018, 16:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2018, 16:01 PMgbem

the ambu imo is the greatest battle implement ingame XD... so long as rakatencheese doesnt blow it up... but rakatens are another form of cancer that need to be dealt with...
u know rakt is the worse at gun and everyone would trade it for the pk 38 for v coh ? (stationary stealth, same pen as usf, but they get huge first strike bonus instead of pen rounds)
21 Dec 2018, 16:48 PM

u know rakt is the worse at gun and everyone would trade it for the pk 38 for v coh ? (stationary stealth, same pen as usf, but they get huge first strike bonus instead of pen rounds)

the zis would like to have a word with you... mind you the rakaten is not the worst AT gun... however it is the cheeziest... it cannot be used like standard AT guns like the pak 40 or the M7 or the 6 pdr... it has to be used in hold fire and open fire only when a tank has either come close enough for you to snare and kill with the rak...

also mind you rakatencheese is the best ambulance killing and repairing tank killing strategy ingame...

lastly rakatens cant be spotted via mortar flares pathfinders snipers or recon T-70s.... this means an area that is thought to have little AT might be a deathtrap for any tank... also it absolutely neutralizes the snipers ability to pick it off and the soviet mortars ability to push off an AT gun by mortarfire...

lastly the rakaten costs 270 mp... same as an m7 but better...
21 Dec 2018, 16:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2018, 15:59 PMgbem

and what range is midrange exactly? i had a 20 range engagement using sandbags as a measuring stick and volks won consistently...

your "last tier" is equivalent to ost T4 and is superior to sov T4 (looks at OKW P4)

sov pays with medics on a faction that is equivalent to a gigantic manpower sink outside of penal deathsquads... OKW pays with 15 fuel on a building thats basically designed for extremely efficient support/blob play...

also OKW doesnt even have to pay for medics for healing... sturmpios drop healing for muni... imo much better than a 250mp manpower sink or a 15 fuel upgrade...

look the okw p4 cost around 150 fuel u can almost buy 2 t 34 for it....

the test i have done was around 17 range(as i don't have an ingame meter i simply put sandbag at half the vision range of the unit)....

okw pays 15 fuel for each truck, it's not a one time thing

sturm pay for the med drop each time , they are not free (like the brit ones)

just so u know cons are one unit of the soviet the other 8 benefit from the medics too
21 Dec 2018, 16:49 PM

This thread might be about everything except Soviet t2
21 Dec 2018, 16:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2018, 16:48 PMgbem

the zis would like to have a word with you... mind you the rakaten is not the worst AT gun... however it is the cheeziest... it cannot be used like standard AT guns like the pak 40 or the M7 or the 6 pdr... it has to be used in hold fire and open fire only when a tank has either come close enough for you to snare and kill with the rak...

also mind you rakatencheese is the best ambulance killing and repairing tank killing strategy ingame...

lastly rakatens cant be spotted via mortar flares pathfinders snipers or recon T-70s.... this means an area that is thought to have little AT might be a deathtrap for any tank... also it absolutely neutralizes the snipers ability to pick it off and the soviet mortars ability to push off an AT gun by mortarfire...

lastly the rakaten costs 270 mp... same as an m7 but better...
the sthealt of the rakt is there cause it only has 50 range and doesn't have atgun cover(shhots don't bounce from the at defense) the m7 has more range more cone of fire fire faster but has less pen

btw im all in to remove the rakt and add the old v coh pak 38 (same stats as the current usf at gun but less cone of fire and instead of pen rounds they get first strike: 50% more pen and accuracy for the first shoot out of stealth )
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS