Login

russian armor

cavalry riflemen

15 Dec 2018, 12:31 PM

wtf?

those things are broken.

Consider a fukin nerf.

Let me elaborate; the car can ferry units at will and OKW has no early answer to that mobility. The crew can jump out and cap.

Throw cav rifles on top of that mix and you have a super strong early game with units that can wipe volks with ease.
15 Dec 2018, 13:08 PM

If OKW was only able to place mines.

Also, how does it feel being served the beer you brew for others?

OKW always had immense push in early game thanks to spios and volkspam, now enjoy being on receiving end of it.

Also, you're greatly over exaggerating the effectiveness of cav rifles, they are pretty much USF assault grenadiers and early game transport vehicle isn't anything new to face against as both sov and ukf can do it since forever.
15 Dec 2018, 13:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2018, 13:08 PMKatitof
If OKW was only able to place mines.

Also, how does it feel being served the beer you brew for others?

OKW always had immense push in early game thanks to spios and volkspam, now enjoy being on receiving end of it.

Also, you're greatly over exaggerating the effectiveness of cav rifles, they are pretty much USF assault grenadiers and early game transport vehicle isn't anything new to face against as both sov and ukf can do it since forever.

You're barking up the wrong tree. I'm not a hardcore axis player mate.

Do you have to insist on shouldering in to a thread with a chip on your shoulder?

I don't know what the stats are on those riflemen but they seem the strongest unit in the game at the time they arrive
15 Dec 2018, 13:17 PM

You're barking up the wrong tree. I'm not a hardcore axis player mate.

Do you have to insist on shouldering in to a thread with a chip on your shoulder?

Alright then, different angle.

You have very little experience in multiplayer and close to zero experience with other faction then soviets and a bit ostheer.

What makes you think that YOU are barking at the right one?
15 Dec 2018, 13:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2018, 13:17 PMKatitof

Alright then, different angle.

You have very little experience in multiplayer and close to zero experience with other faction then soviets and a bit ostheer.

What makes you think that YOU are barking at the right one?

ad hominem makes you look like an amateur.

Quite trying to derail the thread.
15 Dec 2018, 13:22 PM

Hardly ad hominem.

I'm simply asking about the ground upon you base your opinion.
After quick check to see if its legit complaint I've got to the conclusion that you don't even play game modes OR the faction in question OR factions facing the unit, which means you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about here.

In 4s you play axis, but in 4s CQC squads are the very worst thing you could ever do, early game is also hardly relevant, where cav rifles thrive.

So I'm asking again:

What is the balance ground you base your argument upon that isn't "this doctrine works exactly how its supposed to work against unprepared opponent who doesn't adapt"?
15 Dec 2018, 13:52 PM

I play OKW most time. I think Cavalry RM is fine, but the new Jeep is OP. It can capture and it is rather durable. Reduce the Jeep’s armour is a reasonable nerf.
15 Dec 2018, 14:12 PM

I play OKW most time. I think Cavalry RM is fine, but the new Jeep is OP. It can capture and it is rather durable. Reduce the Jeep’s armour is a reasonable nerf.

OKW has T0 anti tank gun.
Ost has very early hardcounter to it.

Approach it in exact same way as you'd approach M3 scout car or bren carrier, they have similar stats.
15 Dec 2018, 15:06 PM
Donator 11

Cav Riflemen require not only commander lock but muni, MP, (and Fuel in considerations of your fiery tactics).

They are good sure, but they lack long range damage as all other CQC units, Volks care snares, just snare and then retreat rather than smashing that T like you smash this form :romeoHairDay:

Anyhow OKW has t0 AT and Strums can grab AT if need be but its not as effective of a counter. you get standard mines and can get light armor rather early as well should you opt for t1 build. IMO you'll know he went cav rifle early as you'll see him opt for a wc51 so just have the foresight that he'll get CqC and you just hold back with volks 12 damage.

Lets give it a bit to see how this meta shapes out for now as it already seems to shake things up a fair amount.
15 Dec 2018, 16:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2018, 14:12 PMKatitof

Approach it in exact same way as you'd approach M3 scout car or bren carrier, they have similar stats.

the new jeep is too powerful + the fact it can cap too, it should have its armour nerfed the same reason kubel also got an armour nerf before.

M3 and bren carrier have decent armour against small arms because they cant cap dude.
15 Dec 2018, 16:44 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2018, 16:27 PMAlphrum

the new jeep is too powerful + the fact it can cap too, it should have its armour nerfed the same reason kubel also got an armour nerf before.

M3 and bren carrier have decent armour against small arms because they cant cap dude.

The WC51 has the worst of all of the early vehicles if I recall.
15 Dec 2018, 17:06 PM

Newsflash:
ALL USF light vehicles can cap, because vehicle crews are a thing.
That argument is completely irrelevant.

Oh and contrary to UC and M3, Dudge truck can NOT shoot from get go and isn't exactly cheap.
15 Dec 2018, 17:07 PM

Not like okw are literally the only faction with a t0 at gun or anything.

And not like okw has a light car with a mg on it either.
15 Dec 2018, 17:20 PM

Well you can't nerf 2 units for the same reason when one of them is doctrinal and costs fuel and the other is stock and a cheap mp cost.
15 Dec 2018, 17:29 PM

I guess it's not as funny when the shoe is on the other foot, right?

I guess if USF doesn't get stomped on, by doing an early commander pick, it's abusive like when OKW used to blob into USF's cut-off.
15 Dec 2018, 17:43 PM

Well you can't nerf 2 units for the same reason when one of them is doctrinal and costs fuel and the other is stock and a cheap mp cost.

Not sure if you guys are really comparing Kubel with the Jeep. One is trash and trades early game combat presence for capping really fast, and the other is a troop transport which has serious wiping potential as well as a very decent lmg upgrade which contributes a fair amount of bleed.
15 Dec 2018, 18:44 PM

i honestly think this guy is just salty that another faction can do a "sturmpioneer" rush better than okw can... counter it like how one counters a sturmpioneer rush either by A. using flak HT or B using machineguns or C using a sturmpio rush of your own since it comes earlier than cav rifles...
15 Dec 2018, 18:54 PM

I'm pretty sure the wc51s armor is worse than the m3 even. Seems that almost every shot penetrates.
15 Dec 2018, 19:35 PM

I'm pretty sure the wc51s armor is worse than the m3 even. Seems that almost every shot penetrates.

Sturms can easily ambush it.
3 volks can push it away by sheer volume of fire too.
15 Dec 2018, 21:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2018, 14:12 PMKatitof

No, it is different. Players who use M3 or carrier can not capture so they use most time to drive off OKW infantry and play boldlier. Raketen's short range only good at hunting aggressive unit not at cautious one. Besides, M3 or carrier always combine with a flame thrower, this makes them effective range shorter so Raketen can ambush them easier.

M3 cost fuel so it should perform much better than wc51s. Universal carrier can not cap, so wc51s should have worse armor than universal carrier

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★