Login

russian armor

For balance Axis really needs demo or satchel.

21 Nov 2018, 19:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2018, 17:05 PMzerocoh
The real question is: WHY YOU WANT TO DESTROY HOUSES AS AXIS?! Houses favors axis so much more than allies, most houses have only 4 windows at best meaning that the 6 and 5 man squads of allies are always firing with less power and the superior axis grenades make garrisons so dangerous for allies.

As axis you want to keep garrisons the longer you can.

Because building orientation and usefulness is asymmetrical in some maps. Buildings are capable of benefiting one side more than the other.
21 Nov 2018, 21:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2018, 17:05 PMzerocoh
The real question is: WHY YOU WANT TO DESTROY HOUSES AS AXIS?! Houses favors axis so much more than allies, most houses have only 4 windows at best meaning that the 6 and 5 man squads of allies are always firing with less power and the superior axis grenades make garrisons so dangerous for allies.

What the heck...

ever heard of brits?
22 Nov 2018, 01:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2018, 17:46 PMGrumpy

Also, the premise that Axis need it because some Allies have it is interesting. If that is the case, then both Soviets and USF should get non-doctrinal advanced medium tanks and heavy tanks.

You totally miss the point that axis have no early to mid game real ability to destroy buildings or just garrisons like allies have. Brit infantry have some AP ammo that having building to building fights you will always lose to them, there are strategic buildings that are better that they are destroyed than left standing against you.
22 Nov 2018, 02:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2018, 01:05 AMThamor

You totally miss the point that axis have no early to mid game real ability to destroy buildings or just garrisons like allies have. Brit infantry have some AP ammo that having building to building fights you will always lose to them, there are strategic buildings that are better that they are destroyed than left standing against you.

I usually have Feuerstorm in my loadout as OKW or one of the commanders with the MHT in as Ost. I do sometimes have problems with Sim City or FHQ (especially since the nerf to the Walking Stuka) but not sure if a demo would really help. I'd much rather have better damage to buildings from LEIG's, Walking Stukas, or MHT's incendiary rounds, particularly against FHQ.

If I did get demos, I'd mostly use them in 1v1 on certain buildings like the ones that overlook the center VP on Crossroads, or some 2v2 maps like Rails that have buildings by the fuels that can be annoying if the other side gets them.
22 Nov 2018, 03:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2018, 02:11 AMGrumpy

I usually have Feuerstorm in my loadout as OKW or one of the commanders with the MHT in as Ost. I do sometimes have problems with Sim City or FHQ (especially since the nerf to the Walking Stuka) but not sure if a demo would really help. I'd much rather have better damage to buildings from LEIG's, Walking Stukas, or MHT's incendiary rounds, particularly against FHQ.

If I did get demos, I'd mostly use them in 1v1 on certain buildings like the ones that overlook the center VP on Crossroads, or some 2v2 maps like Rails that have buildings by the fuels that can be annoying if the other side gets them.

Exactly and my original point isn't that we need demo, but it's little sad that neither axis faction can't just destroy a building they want without spending a lot of time from some random mortar or trying to burn it down.

Either increase the grenades they have to do more damage to buildings or something.
22 Nov 2018, 05:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2018, 03:33 AMThamor

Exactly and my original point isn't that we need demo, but it's little sad that neither axis faction can't just destroy a building they want without spending a lot of time from some random mortar or trying to burn it down.

Either increase the grenades they have to do more damage to buildings or something.

Buff certain weapons against ungarriaoned buildings perhaps. Could help for destroying trenches and shit too then.
22 Nov 2018, 14:43 PM

Buff certain weapons against ungarriaoned buildings perhaps. Could help for destroying trenches and shit too then.

relic pls add shotguns
22 Nov 2018, 15:59 PM

relic pls add shotguns

Straight up I used to want partisans to have a shotgun ability that would insta kill 1 model but at satchel range. Would have been glorious...
22 Nov 2018, 19:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2018, 03:33 AMThamor

There was a time when some of the Axis grenades destroyed buildings. It was nerfed out and shouldn't come back.

I did a little testing and found that Pio's can burn down most buildings in 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. At some point, the building starts burning and the engineer doesn't have to attack it anymore. Buffing the flame damage to a building so that it only takes 45 seconds to one minute to start on fire would be fine. As a counter, make it so that if an engineer starts repairing before it burns down then the flames would get put out.

I think my problem with this, and a lot of the other threads, is the premise that if any of the allied faction has something, then all axis need it. USF doesn't get non-doctrinal flamers, advanced medium tanks, a heavy tank, rocket arty (and even the one doctrinal was nerfed into uselessness), non-doc elite infantry, a super TD (doctrinal or not), etc, etc.
22 Nov 2018, 20:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2018, 19:41 PMGrumpy

I think my problem with this, and a lot of the other threads, is the premise that if any of the allied faction has something, then all axis need it. USF doesn't get non-doctrinal flamers, advanced medium tanks, a heavy tank, rocket arty (and even the one doctrinal was nerfed into uselessness), non-doc elite infantry, a super TD (doctrinal or not), etc, etc.

yes but they have better riflemen :thumbsup:
22 Nov 2018, 21:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2018, 19:41 PMGrumpy
I did a little testing and found that Pio's can burn down most buildings in 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. At some point, the building starts burning and the engineer doesn't have to attack it anymore. Buffing the flame damage to a building so that it only takes 45 seconds to one minute to start on fire would be fine. As a counter, make it so that if an engineer starts repairing before it burns down then the flames would get put out.

Now i'm curious. Is this a random amount of damage done, a set amount of time been attacked, a certain "critical" at certain HP.
22 Nov 2018, 22:43 PM

Time to burn is definitely dependent on the building. Large or stone houses take much longer iirc unless there was a buff I missed
22 Nov 2018, 22:48 PM

Wehrmacht has 251 flamer and pioneer-flamer. And that is more than enough to destroy houses.

OKW has the perfect house-denying tool with incendiary grenades, but as for the destroying part you can only really rely on Stuka zu Fuss and Feuersturm doctrine, which can turn soviet FHQs (Urban defense doctrine) into a real problem for OKW on maps with many concrete buildings. However, that will get improved a lot soon when soviet FHQ will require 2 CPs.

USF and to a certain degree brits have horrible anti-garrison weapons as well, so I don't see the issue.
23 Nov 2018, 00:00 AM

Time to burn is definitely dependent on the building. Large or stone houses take much longer iirc unless there was a buff I missed

Correct - stone was usually around a minute and a half to two minutes while wood was more like a minute to minute and a half. There is some variation in time but I don't know why. When burning buildings, it usually looks like nothing is happening until the building starts smoking, then burning. When it starts burning then it goes down relatively quickly. Once it starts burning, you can do other things. Relic did a good job on the animation for burning buildings. Two flamers cuts the time in half.

23 Nov 2018, 01:07 AM

The new M-42 AT gun is actually very good at demolitions with the canister shots.
23 Nov 2018, 03:00 AM

Allies demo and satchel are usually used to destroy bunkers and OKW FHQ. So, give Allies bunkers that could stand small arm fires and FHQ?
23 Nov 2018, 03:41 AM

Wehrmacht has 251 flamer and pioneer-flamer. And that is more than enough to destroy houses.

OKW has the perfect house-denying tool with incendiary grenades, but as for the destroying part you can only really rely on Stuka zu Fuss and Feuersturm doctrine, which can turn soviet FHQs (Urban defense doctrine) into a real problem for OKW on maps with many concrete buildings. However, that will get improved a lot soon when soviet FHQ will require 2 CPs.

USF and to a certain degree brits have horrible anti-garrison weapons as well, so I don't see the issue.

USF I little agree, but Brits can easily just upgrade Inf section to arty and just keep spamming arty.
23 Nov 2018, 04:56 AM

Allies demo and satchel are usually used to destroy bunkers and OKW FHQ. So, give Allies bunkers that could stand small arm fires and FHQ?

Like the USF fighting Pit?
23 Nov 2018, 07:47 AM

Like the USF fighting Pit?

What part of “can withstand small arms” was missed there? It gets penned by small arms 100% more than the bunker and okw trucks do (actually 100% more than 0 is still 0 so that’s not even technically true but you get the point I hope).
23 Nov 2018, 08:20 AM

What part of “can withstand small arms” was missed there? It gets penned by small arms 100% more than the bunker and okw trucks do (actually 100% more than 0 is still 0 so that’s not even technically true but you get the point I hope).

Fighting position getting killed by small arms fire is stupid, but then maybe flame nades should do more dmg to constructed structures so OKW has a tool to take them down with inf, same as other factions?

Also, why no soviet buildable bunkers? Let the ones in base sector be buildable.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★