Login

russian armor

Is2 and other heavy tanks issu

10 Nov 2018, 14:17 PM

When playing 4vs4 matchs. It is almost end of the game when the is2 is ready for deployment and also more heavy tanks. coustom 4vs4 matchs without time setup are very rarely occurs.
Most multiplayer are with time. So heavy tanks are pointless.
Before some years coustom 4vs4 used to be popular so heavy tanks were useful
10 Nov 2018, 14:33 PM

When playing 4vs4 matchs. It is almost end of the game when the is2 is ready for deployment and also more heavy tanks. coustom 4vs4 matchs without time setup are very rarely occurs.

I agree, the IS-2 is especially useless / economically unprofitable. I don’t see it at all in team games, I see the King Tiger, I see the Tiger, I see Pershing but not IS-2.
10 Nov 2018, 15:54 PM

When I don't have the CP's to bring in heavies like ISU, IS2, JT, or Ele, it means one of three things:
1) I played bad
2) I wasn't aggressive enough
3) The other team was terrible

Usually it's some combination of 1&2. I think the current CP requirements are okay.
10 Nov 2018, 16:41 PM

That is not true. I check. Most of command points are eraned by destroying enemey tanks or loseing your tanks. So you need tobuild fuel case in the game beginning. And sometimes our team are noob and highly depends on you at game. In soivet team t-34/84 are not effective agaist german panther spam and heavy tank and the su-85 at long range cause enemy tanks to withdraw
10 Nov 2018, 17:27 PM

- get a single shot from AT.
- get a snare boom!...
damaged engine

13 Nov 2018, 15:01 PM

Permanently Banned
looking at even the 2v2 games in the tourney makes me cry how bad the IS-2 is and outclassed by Tiger/KT lol
13 Nov 2018, 16:17 PM

looking at even the 2v2 games in the tourney makes me cry how bad the IS-2 is and outclassed by Tiger/KT lol

And KT/Tiger gets demolished by jacksons and fireflies. Fair trade
13 Nov 2018, 17:53 PM

Permanently Banned

And KT/Tiger gets demolished by jacksons and fireflies. Fair trade

Because that is what theyre made to do after all. Panthes/JT/Ele wreck IS-2 fair trade am I right
13 Nov 2018, 18:25 PM

Because that is what theyre made to do after all. Panthes/JT/Ele wreck IS-2 fair trade am I right

But you see those far less frequenltly, i mean, 2/3 of them are doc and panthers struggle hard because SU can "Blob T34's"
Overall SU gets the winning straw
13 Nov 2018, 20:28 PM

Hell, even a Stug can force the IS2 out of position. It feels like everything penetrates it way to consistenly, so you basicly have a experience soaked sponge for your enemy AT and armor to squeeze.
13 Nov 2018, 20:44 PM

Hell, even a Stug can force the IS2 out of position. It feels like everything penetrates it way to consistenly, so you basicly have a experience soaked sponge for your enemy AT and armor to squeeze.

Good thing we don't base balance on your "feels"

The is2 has the same armour as the KT and doesn't face high range high pen TDs ( discounting the KT and ele)
13 Nov 2018, 21:09 PM

Good thing we don't base balance on your "feels"

The is2 has the same armour as the KT and doesn't face high range high pen TDs ( discounting the KT and ele)

I quited using the IS2 like a year ago when I saw a P4 penetrate it frontaly 3 times one after another. Experience has led me to believe the claims that it has the same armor as the KT are false and its actually closer to a Tiger I or its someway nulified by the high penetration of german TDs. In fact, I've seen KV-1s bounce more shots from ATGs and light TD than any IS2 (and thats why those are my tank of choice when facing compositions with lots of light AT)

Sucks we don't have any reliable stat source. Maybe I'll lab it one of these days with the editor.

Also, there is no need to be rude
13 Nov 2018, 21:11 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Mod tools = best stat source.
13 Nov 2018, 21:21 PM

I quited using the IS2 like a year ago when I saw a P4 penetrate it frontaly 3 times one after another. Experience has led me to believe the claims that it has the same armor as the KT are false and its actually closer to a Tiger I or its someway nulified by the high penetration of german TDs. In fact, I've seen KV-1s bounce more shots from ATGs and light TD than any IS2 (and thats why those are my tank of choice when facing compositions with lots of light AT)

Sucks we don't have any reliable stat source. Maybe I'll lab it one of these days with the editor.

We have reliable stat sources. And yes the KT has the same frontal armor as the IS2. (375)
13 Nov 2018, 21:48 PM

chances of P4 penetrating a IS-2 3 times in row at point blank should be around 3.3%.
13 Nov 2018, 22:13 PM

RNG is RNG guys.
13 Nov 2018, 22:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Another random thought: would buffing the HP of 1040 heavy tanks to 1060 HP be too much ?

This would put it outside of range of 160 dmg + snare.
13 Nov 2018, 22:39 PM

Eyyy there is an idea... I like that
14 Nov 2018, 04:04 AM

:drool: Heavy tanks with more hp, im in.
14 Nov 2018, 06:21 AM

Another random thought: would buffing the HP of 1040 heavy tanks to 1060 HP be too much ?

This would put it outside of range of 160 dmg + snare.

Pretty good idea. 7th shot still kills them regardless.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★