Login

russian armor

B4 , what's the point.

30 Oct 2018, 18:01 PM

It's such trash. It's vet 1 is even worse somehow. You pay 90mu for a narrow arc shot that can miss a stationary elefant....

They should reduce its scatter and give it a big audio cue (like when the ST hits something kinda loud) when firing. It's not like it land immediately anyways so that few seconds should be enough to move your shit.
30 Oct 2018, 21:41 PM

Its makes a really big boom that is slightly threatening when the opponent imagines what coulda happened if it actually hit his units.
30 Oct 2018, 23:03 PM

Its makes a really big boom that is slightly threatening when the opponent imagines what coulda happened if it actually hit his units.

The fact that it's probably going to miss the intended target and possibly hit some th ING 3 miles outside of it is probably the scariest part of it right now. How can anyone prepare for what is basically a map wide maybe?
30 Oct 2018, 23:16 PM

ITS FREAKING FUN THATS WHY FFS !!!

and if u have an actual idea of what your doing its not to bad. Some factors to keep in mind when memeing with the b4 and get good results are:
- don't plant it all the way back like u would do with another howi, plant it as far forward as is safely possible. So that there is no immediate risk of losing the thing.
- plant (several) rings of mines around the b4 so that when your get rushed you bomb the tank thats rushing.
- always shoot at targets close to you and when u have sight. dont use this thing to base bomb, its a waist of time. its better to shoot a a single squad relatively close at u then a whole blob in the enemy base with the way how scatter works on this gem.
- use it as bait with mines
- get the AA halftrack (when against ost) the sovjet AA halftrack is so insanely good with AA u have an quite ok chance of shooting down the recon plane before it reached its target. thus decreasing the chance of getting a stuka divebomb of succesfully
- get not one but 2 or 3 of them, that way u will have more shots for that lucky hit on the close target that u got vision on.
- good maps for this strat are the smaller maps like 2v2 maps where your b4 can guard multiple choke points at once, like vp's, cutoffs and bridges. And because the map is smaller, your targets can't be that far away, previous factors considerd. Crossing in the woods for example would be obviously a better map then moskou outskirts.

when u have 2 or 3 aimed for the same area, that is relatively close by, u got vision on, and the target is slowed by mines or suppression its almost impossible to miss

So to conclude: happy mememing and get gud, b4 can be a viable unit on certain occasions and is not completely useless :foreveralone:
I know how to use it , i'm not saying it's useless or UP , i'm saying that is wrong, snipers on m3 was fun too. But maybeeeee... It's not a good idea in a RTS game. I'm not asking for a B4 strat guide. :D
31 Oct 2018, 08:25 AM

I honestly think that the B4 needs to have a lower cooldown per shot. It should not be the same as more powerful, multi-shot artillery. I think bringing it down to 60 Seconds would be a good start. We need more opportunity to fire the damn thing to make up for the inconsistent single-shot nature of it.
31 Oct 2018, 14:29 PM

1) Slightly reduce scatter
2) Make OHK radius smaller
3) Make non-OHK radius bigger
4) Add special effect like stun (personally I hate stun effects) or suppression. Give B-4 user at least something to make up for when it misses, but shell lands kinda near intended target.

/fixed
31 Oct 2018, 20:19 PM

The fact that it's probably going to miss the intended target and possibly hit some th ING 3 miles outside of it is probably the scariest part of it right now. How can anyone prepare for what is basically a map wide maybe?

Exactly, the opponent has to worry that all these misses on the b4 might eventually hit 1/100 times and wipe a unit. Its all in the mind games.
31 Oct 2018, 20:35 PM

I played against a Soviet player once, he used the B4 along with the scout plane, it had pretty good effect. I think the trick to make the B4 work is to not fire it into fog of war.
31 Oct 2018, 23:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2018, 20:35 PMSyraw
I played against a Soviet player once, he used the B4 along with the scout plane, it had pretty good effect. I think the trick to make the B4 work is to not fire it into fog of war.

Even that isn't enough really. I used it a few days ago because of this thread. Maybe I was misremebering. I wasn't. Called in a shot on a repair truck as dead center and the shot landed outside the circle with recon. That should never be the case...
1 Nov 2018, 03:21 AM

1) Slightly reduce scatter
2) Make OHK radius smaller
3) Make non-OHK radius bigger
4) Add special effect like stun (personally I hate stun effects) or suppression. Give B-4 user at least something to make up for when it misses, but shell lands kinda near intended target.

/fixed

+1 but the 0HK radius should stay the same. If B4 are no serious threat, how can you make up their cost. The stun effect was particulary great idea.
1 Nov 2018, 04:20 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

I see no fun in playing against a unit that can instantly wipe a panther if it hits. Should probably give it the sturmtiger treatment. Mass suppression in AoE where it hits.
1 Nov 2018, 04:42 AM

I see no fun in playing against a unit that can instantly wipe a panther if it hits. Should probably give it the sturmtiger treatment. Mass suppression in AoE where it hits.

It only does 640 damage doesn't it?
I agree it shouldn't be wiping tanks on hit (well, maybe on direct fire, but even that could be a critical cocktail instead of an insta gib) and it should ABSOLUTELY get the sturmtiger treatment. HUGE aoe damage, suppression and smallish OHK aoe. I've been saying that's the way to go for problem wipers for years. Hit and wipe or miss and do nothing is no fun for either side.
1 Nov 2018, 05:03 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

It only does 640 damage doesn't it?
I agree it shouldn't be wiping tanks on hit (well, maybe on direct fire, but even that could be a critical cocktail instead of an insta gib) and it should ABSOLUTELY get the sturmtiger treatment. HUGE aoe damage, suppression and smallish OHK aoe. I've been saying that's the way to go for problem wipers for years. Hit and wipe or miss and do nothing is no fun for either side.

Maybe now I'm not sure on its damage and I'm not going to look it up ATM :/ I just remember have frustrating games against even the nerfed B4 getting 1 lucky shot on a panther and all the sudden I was down 200 fuel. That was ofc back when panther only had 800 HP but still.

And personally I think a heavy arty piece like that that gives you massive AoE suppression at massive range to truly be support for infantry sounds dope AF.
1 Nov 2018, 08:59 AM

B4 does 640 damage, combined with mark target it should be able to kill a Panther.

My suggestions for all "siege" weapons (like S.T., AVRE and B4) bonus damage vs structures (maybe ignore brace), lasting critical vs vehicles (driver/gunner injured) new lasting critical vs infantry "shell shock" (could have penalty on speed and accuracy) and as other suggested big AOE small killing radius.

Especially for the B4 I would experiment with turning the direct fire into a toggle mode where the unit would AP round at sorter range (60?).

This way these unit bring utility over lethality.
1 Nov 2018, 09:52 AM

Even that isn't enough really. I used it a few days ago because of this thread. Maybe I was misremebering. I wasn't. Called in a shot on a repair truck as dead center and the shot landed outside the circle with recon. That should never be the case...

you somehow expect the b4 to be a satelite laser guided nuclear bomb all the time.
1 Nov 2018, 10:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Nov 2018, 09:52 AMSyraw

you somehow expect the b4 to be a satelite laser guided nuclear bomb all the time.

Well, its not a multi shot barrage weapon that might actually hit something during a volley.

Its "you see this sector? make a boom in one of the surrounding sectors" weapon and how does that "performance" excuse its price, doctrinal lock or even existence?

Weapon is completely unreliable at any distance(as proven by Von in 2v2 just recently).

You might just as well be allowed to roll a slot machine where jackpot is maybe 50% health loss on infantry squad instead of shooting it.
1 Nov 2018, 10:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Nov 2018, 09:52 AMSyraw

NO, but I DO expect the shell to land WITH IN the circle that is supposed to depict where the shell will land. Kinda like when you build a unit I expect it to work as advertised. Super crazy right? Expecting what's advertised... But for real, fuck right off
1 Nov 2018, 12:27 PM

NO, but I DO expect the shell to land WITH IN the circle that is supposed to depict where the shell will land. Kinda like when you build a unit I expect it to work as advertised. Super crazy right? Expecting what's advertised... But for real, fuck right off

u never played with any arty unit, right? NOT one shooting only IN THE CIRCLE.

they all shot far around and in the the circle.

1 Nov 2018, 14:18 PM

What would happen, if the cooldown gets doubled, the effects of 0KH gets toned down a bit and the shot always hit dead center, with complete precision. Would that be fair? or instead of cooldown, with every shot, smoke shells land first and then B4 fires. That way you dont get "surprise mothaf**" instawipe death rage. haha just kidding. but a way to prevent (if posible) to get hit by the B4. It would be like a free call-in with the best accuracy, like a stuka dive bomb
1 Nov 2018, 15:54 PM

B4 are a very Nice and useful piece of artillery, i love it.

- with the Vet 1 can break any attack spearheaded for heavy tanks.
- Build 2 or 3 and you can get a very nice denial tool. German infantry have worse problems than allies due to the reduced number of infantry models per squad,
- is a Superb counter vs OKW blobs and is pretty useful also to lay siege to OKW trucks, you cannot heal/repair your units if you never know that is going to be hitted by monster arty.
- relative fast reload time. using 2 or 3 at the same spot give you a button to destroy concentrated counter attacks when you are attacking.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 62
unknown 20
Germany 16

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak