Login

russian armor

OKW needs some nerfs don’t you think?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
23 Oct 2018, 16:06 PM

Since statistic site has been closed, we cannot know the actual win/ratio or play games per factions. But we can surely guess some from recent tournament.

And as all of you probably aware, OKW is having it’s glorious time vs USF and UKF.[1]

I’m not gonna go far as p4 having 234 armor which can literally beats all other mid tanks or volks performing crazy well against all situation.

I just want to see 2 things fixed up.

1. Raket’s stealth ability.
It just doesn’t make sense that AT is moving around invisibly unless infantry get close enough(THAT IS 10 radius close enough).
because opponent can’t see where raket is in most of the times, they just can’t play around with armored car in midgames or tanks being aggressive even when you are having a major map control.
and 2 raket in mid-late game can do all these ninja assassin things to allie tank or vehicle.

I say nerf stealth as sniper do(stealth only at cover) or worse, stealth only when they are stationary.
If you think that is too much, maybe increase their spot range to 20 or 30 so opponent can have more chance to spot them before getting hit by them.

I saw some people crying about raket(which does not make sense at all to me) about they having short range and no heavy cover for 2 crew men...
But seriously, who needs long range when you can just walk into middle of range so you can fire 2 shots before opponent move out of range. 2 raket sneaks into mid range and 2 shot == (if not microing within 0.5 sec) tank kaboom.
And heavy cover? stealth + retreat is not enough?

2. s-mine ability for volks as command skill.
s-mine is very very annoying and good if you use it right. I’ve seen many top players playing with it very wisely and getting victory using it’s map control.
I’m not saying we should nerf s mine, cause as it indeed has some week points.
Such as long plant time(if plant all, that is) not works for tank, and the Danger sign once you step over it or see it planting.

But volks plannting s mine all over the map in 1vs1 is just not right.
It does cost you 60 to start planting mines but if you plant just 1 or 2, it cost only 15,30 munitions with fast planting time. That is done by mainline infantry normally(in this time of blobing era) 3-5 squads moving around all over the place. engis are not enouh to take mines all over the field.
Not to mention since mine has been nerfed to kill only 2 squas, s mine is the best way to wipe out retreating squad.

Just make sturmpio the only squad that can plant s mine, or make normal mine be planted by volks.

I believe balance team in coh2 have some kind of statistic on game play. I just hope they see the chart and do the right thing instead of nerfing USF or burfing grens to 5 squad.

[1] Thanks to yossarian
https://www.coh2.org/topic/81571/gcs2-qualifying-tournaments-faction-win-rate

OKW : SOV = 42:41
OKW : UKF = 15:6
OKW : USF = 23:11
OST : SOV = 38:49
OST : UKF = 9:5
OST : USF = 25:15
23 Oct 2018, 18:12 PM

Agree on both counts, but I think if s-mines nerfed then fortifications doctrine need something buffed in return as its almost the main draw of that doctrine.
23 Oct 2018, 18:44 PM

Agree on both counts, but I think if s-mines nerfed then fortifications doctrine need something buffed in return as its almost the main draw of that doctrine.

Well yeah maybe.
But personally, judging by RM's similar mine planting skill is BS (takes forever to plant) & OKW gaining access to WM's bunker (60 sight, 60 range), commander is still good enough even after.
23 Oct 2018, 18:55 PM

nah OKW is good as it is but yeah S mines look a bit wierd
23 Oct 2018, 19:41 PM

Permanently Banned
OKW is fair and balanced
23 Oct 2018, 19:54 PM

Out of the entire faction you pick these two things? They would change little to nothing in terms of balance. Although I do agree that the Raketenwerfer should have sniper-like camo and not just be able to creep around the map and ambush tanks.

If you want to nerf something about OKW then you should probably look at things like tech-free Command P5 (not saying Pershing is fine), un-counterable Spec Ops flares, 15 muni infiltration grenades, insane early game advantage, 238 armor P4 with less scatter than any other medium tank just so he can kill infantry with every shot, etc...

And at least with OKW there are certain wêaknesses that can be exploited, like lack of faust until they have a tech structure, lack of sniper, lack of caches... Ost has no weaknesses to exploit and is overall a more complete faction.

It´s more USF and UKF that are trash than OKW being OP by the way, considering Soviets did well vs OKW in GCS.
23 Oct 2018, 20:18 PM

Out of the entire faction you pick these two things? They would change little to nothing in terms of balance. Although I do agree that the Raketenwerfer should have sniper-like camo and not just be able to creep around the map and ambush tanks.

If you want to nerf something about OKW then you should probably look at things like tech-free Command P5 (not saying Pershing is fine), un-counterable Spec Ops flares, 15 muni infiltration grenades, insane early game advantage, 238 armor P4 with less scatter than any other medium tank just so he can kill infantry with every shot, etc...

And at least with OKW there are certain wêaknesses that can be exploited, like lack of faust until they have a tech structure, lack of sniper, lack of caches... Ost has no weaknesses to exploit and is overall a more complete faction.

It´s more USF and UKF that are trash than OKW being OP by the way, considering Soviets did well vs OKW in GCS.

Just see those people shouting it’s well balanced even stats are saying its not.

If I go far as p4’s OPness or volks doing too good at allround with low cost or flear grens OPness on the matter it denies cover even if u dodge it.
OKW still having 5 vet system/sturmpio’s magic bag/salvage avail for all even after income patch
WM’s brumbar or overall axis’s ‘I dont need commander cause I got everything without it’ mind.
Or axis never pay anything to unlock gren/faust.
They would say I’m alli biased and close this thread.

I just wanted to pin point things that all, including open minded axis player agree and see the actual change made.

I agree on the USF UKF are broken faction in so many ways. And I don’t think up comming patch will fix it. There is just so many things that needs to be(yet never will be) done to fix it.

So instead, I just decided to start with minor things that should have been patched right after relic decided to take away resource income deadvantage from OkW.

And I do not agree that they will change little to nothing. Maybe s mine change might. Since there is just few who knows it’s damn good way to torture opponent.

But changing raket in any way I suggested will make a lot diffrence in any mode. No more raket assassination would be like christmas gift comes early.
23 Oct 2018, 20:44 PM

Raketten cheese camo is the only thing that makes it even remotely decent as an ATG. They are quite frankly horrendous to use because they have to get close and personal but have the survivability of snow in the hot sun, and then I didn't even mention yet how they like to hit every single piece of ground or object that's in the way.

I also find it odd how you deduct from the GCS2 stats that OKW is overpowered when those stats clearly show UKF<USF<OKW=OST=SOV (although slightly in favor of Soviets). So with 3 factions being fairly well balanced I would find it more logical to buff/fix UKF and USF with OKW=OST=SOV as a base, rather than having a go at nerfing OKW for no reason.
23 Oct 2018, 21:08 PM

I also find it odd how you deduct from the GCS2 stats that OKW is overpowered when those stats clearly show UKF>USF>OKW=OST=SOV (although slightly in favor of Soviets). So with 3 factions being fairly well balanced I would find it more logical to buff/fix UKF and USF with OKW=OST=SOV as a base, rather than having a go at nerfing OKW for no reason.

I think you mean UKF<USF<OKW=OST=SOV bc the way u put it makes it seem like UKF is the strongest faction, just a heads up on that.

Rakens are indeed good for double cheese oneshots and are quite good if you know how to micro them. But yeah a single raken is pretty bad imo.
23 Oct 2018, 22:57 PM

Wops yeah my bad rofl, brainfart. Needs to be the other way around obviously.
UKF<USF<OKW=OST=SOV
24 Oct 2018, 00:25 AM

I think okw on its own is fine. More so that ukf and maybe usf need some tuning/buffs.

I like the raketen a lot but something should be done about it shooting the ground all the time. Keep in mind, though, that when it shoots at lighter vehicles like the UC or M20 it’s more likely to miss because they have smaller target sizes IIRC and that’s a normal part of the issue that isn’t unique to the raketen
24 Oct 2018, 00:30 AM

Raketten cheese camo is the only thing that makes it even remotely decent as an ATG. They are quite frankly horrendous to use because they have to get close and personal but have the survivability of snow in the hot sun, and then I didn't even mention yet how they like to hit every single piece of ground or object that's in the way.

I also find it odd how you deduct from the GCS2 stats that OKW is overpowered when those stats clearly show UKF<USF<OKW=OST=SOV (although slightly in favor of Soviets). So with 3 factions being fairly well balanced I would find it more logical to buff/fix UKF and USF with OKW=OST=SOV as a base, rather than having a go at nerfing OKW for no reason.

That is actually pretty fair point. So the balance is just fine if it weren’t UKF and USF.
But nowadays in Korean community(I know we are not showing great strength in coh2 tournaments but you know Koreans. They have great taste in how to play around with cheesy things), sneak attack with 2+ raket OP theory or ninja attack to insta kill Katusa amb etc... is very common and OKW is no doubtly needs nerf even if Relic is planning to buff UKF & USF to be even balance. It’s mostly because of how volks fight well in all situation + no fuel unit till first tank policy(raket+faust) and after that, just enjoying tanks supreme stats.

Yes it works because Relic nerfed light tank, armored car 532 brens. So maybe after all if Relic really gonna buff two factions we may not need such adjustment if you insist raket is such a horrible AT to use.
24 Oct 2018, 02:09 AM

To fix the Rak cheese all they need to do is buff its accuracy and a bit extra when attacking out of stealth and make it immobile. The thing is pretty decent when it hits but the ground receives more shots than anything. Creeping death is simply cheesy and if it's there to make up for its poor performance it seems like buffing its performance is the best for both parties. Making it immobile when camo but effective promoted planning and ambush, clearly its not to be like other AT guns so let's just make it effective at its intended role already.

And give it back its +5 range at vet. This thing dies to a sneeze at least reward keeping it alive by only being slightly shorter range than other AT guns...
24 Oct 2018, 02:53 AM

I really feel sick rekt-tenwerfer assasinate my ambulance.
Basically, USF do not have land mines makes not easy to defend against many of OKW's Cloaking units. This is in contrast to the basic concept, but rather that the USF makes the "combined arms" more difficult than the OKW (cause low anti-tank penetration and clocking presence make the positioning of the AT gun much more difficult. USF's combined arms tactics is not much better than OKW). OKW now has almost everything in balance. they have strong points on early game, and mid game, and late game. really sick of that
24 Oct 2018, 05:46 AM

S-mines are fine and easy to counter.
I'd say the received accuracy bonus is a tad too much on volks. Regarding RW, since light vehicle rush is so powerful (AAHT and T70 are so powerful, I would not say OP but very powerful) I don't believe nerfing it would be wise.

Your argument sounds a bit biased tho.
24 Oct 2018, 09:17 AM

u are totally right we need to remove the rakteen and give the okw the pack 20 from vcoh
24 Oct 2018, 11:04 AM

I'd prefer the Raketenwerfer had passive cloaking in cover like an Ambush Camoflague MG42 instead of the current Jagdpanzer IV stealth, but I don't think it's too much of an issue.

OKW's about on par with SOV and OST. Better to buff USF and UKF than to nerf those three.
24 Oct 2018, 12:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2018, 11:04 AMLago
I'd prefer the Raketenwerfer had passive cloaking in cover like an Ambush Camoflague MG42 instead of the current Jagdpanzer IV stealth, but I don't think it's too much of an issue.

OKW's about on par with SOV and OST. Better to buff USF and UKF than to nerf those three.

That imo is incorrect and exactly result of continues buffs. High lethality means that fight last less and are more result being caught out in the open than using tactics.

One has to simply choose a single faction as benchmark, decide the appropriate power of that faction and balance all other faction according to the benchmark.
24 Oct 2018, 13:01 PM

In this patch usf is getting some potent early game commanders and ukf is getting good general tools.
Would wait and see.

Sure as hell it isn't OKW fault, OST had very good results too.
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS