Login

russian armor

nerf OKW fortification s-mine plz

19 Oct 2018, 08:18 AM

In 1vs1 mode, OKW s-mine for volk is abusing now

That makes allies to losing map control

use mine detecter?

volks plant s-mine everywhere so fast and cheap

why rifleman's mine is so long to build? it is same commander skill, why?

allies mine detecter squad cant delete every s-mine anytime

delete s-mine for volk, and make only strum pio can use it plz
19 Oct 2018, 08:33 AM

#step1: show playercard and replay

#step2: then make forum post in a separate cry section
19 Oct 2018, 08:55 AM

I think that's the issue with S-mines in general. They are not OP, but the fact that it takes SO long to clear a single 60mun field with pioneers can get abused in a cheesy way unless you got a tank to trigger them fast.

I've seen more and more Ostheer players using a really cunning trick: they plant a teller mine right into the middle of the S-mine field so that it's likely to happen that
1) the tank who wants to trigger the S-mines gets heavy damage or
2) the pioneer who clears the field gets killed instantly if a grenade lands there while they do it.

Maybe it would be fair if pioneers would have "aura defuse" on S-mines, means if a pioneer models defuses a single S-mine, all S-mines in a 2(?) meter radius get defused as well (does not affect any other mines).
19 Oct 2018, 09:00 AM

I think that's the issue with S-mines in general. They are not OP, but the fact that it takes SO long to clear a single 60mun field with pioneers can get abused in a cheesy way unless you got a tank to trigger them fast.

I've seen more and more Ostheer players using a really cunning trick: they plant a teller mine right into the middle of the S-mine field so that it's likely to happen that
1) the tank who wants to trigger the S-mines gets heavy damage or
2) the pioneer who clears the field gets killed instantly if a grenade lands there while they do it.

Maybe it would be fair if pioneers would have "aura defuse" on S-mines, means if a pioneer models defuses a single S-mine, all S-mines in a 2(?) meter radius get defused as well (does not affect any other mines).

hmm..idk..but than let this mines lay down without the big "STOP!! MINES HERE! DONT GO OVER THEM" warning
19 Oct 2018, 09:05 AM

hmm..idk..but than let this mines lay down without the big "STOP!! MINES HERE! DONT GO OVER THEM" warning

yeh then it would be fair
19 Oct 2018, 09:06 AM

And you know what it does?

It stops your opponent from going there, allowing you to protect a flank for some time without dedicating a single unit to "garrison" the area.
19 Oct 2018, 09:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2018, 09:06 AMKatitof

And you know what it does?

It stops your opponent from going there, allowing you to protect a flank for some time without dedicating a single unit to "garrison" the area.

but..i want to kill 1-2 models with this 60muni mines. to a big warning that he could better wait for a mine searcher. thats the idea behind this abilty i think
19 Oct 2018, 09:36 AM

Well, then you're in luck here as well, because no one is going to be watching every spot on the map and spotting the field before walking into it, contrary to your own claims, do not happen 150% of the time.
19 Oct 2018, 15:41 PM

If only there was some way to see where s-mines where... maybe like a kind of sign or something. Something real clear that really just hammers home “giant minefield here”, like a skull and crossbones or whatever. If only, if only...

Sarcasm aside, they literally have signs on them and every allied army has no excuse to not have at least one minesweeper squad in it. S-mines are fine.
19 Oct 2018, 16:30 PM

I think smines are fine. They take awhile to lay, are expensive and don't do a pile of damage. They are a deterrent. Designed to allow the OST to focus their units elsewhere.
19 Oct 2018, 16:39 PM

I think S-mines should deal suppression so squads that run into them don't just keep banzaiing into the rest of the field, giving the player time to react. With suppression the models would still be crawling everywhere potentially setting off more S-mines, so bad micro would be pretty much just as punishing as it is now. However fast reactions would have a better chance to save the squad.

As for the rest I think they are fine.
19 Oct 2018, 17:01 PM
Donator 33

Their plant time could use an increase, they create a large time sink to clear for a joke of time to place. Other mine types designed to be put in clusters require individual placement using shift commands and 4 for 4 the s mines are still done and dusted faster.
19 Oct 2018, 18:19 PM

S mines have a warning sign. this more than justify longer sweeping time.
19 Oct 2018, 20:03 PM

Hell I think S-mines could use with a buff since they don't even need to be sweeped to see where they are.
19 Oct 2018, 21:50 PM

Permanently Banned
Completely agree that S-mines should have longer sweep time due to being visible and hence any tank can set them off without sweepers. This is probably the 5th "axis op" thread Blancat has started in a month. Haven't seen him make a single "allies op" thread. It's high time that he L2P
19 Oct 2018, 21:54 PM

Permanently Banned
#step1: show playercard and replay

#step2: then make forum post in a separate cry section

I used to be naive and think it's unnecessary to require playercards but now I think it's long overdue that we're required to login with our playercards onto the balance section. I commend you for your steadfastness on giving these crybabies a rude reception.
19 Oct 2018, 21:56 PM

Permanently Banned
Their plant time could use an increase, they create a large time sink to clear for a joke of time to place. Other mine types designed to be put in clusters require individual placement using shift commands and 4 for 4 the s mines are still done and dusted faster.

I don't use volk smines enough to comment on it but pio smines laying time is already a bit on the slow side.
20 Oct 2018, 00:18 AM
Donator 11

S-mines are one of the coolest designs in the game. It is very stupid to think of changing them. Also you can actually clear them easily and quickly, just go over them with a tank.
20 Oct 2018, 00:23 AM

Completely agree that S-mines should have longer sweep time due to being visible and hence any tank can set them off without sweepers. This is probably the 5th "axis op" thread Blancat has started in a month. Haven't seen him make a single "allies op" thread. It's high time that he L2P

lol

want 1vs1?
20 Oct 2018, 00:41 AM
Donator 11

It takes forever to clear S-Mines tbh. Im not saying it should be like a one stop shop to pick them all up but damn its almost more efficient to waste the muni for a nade or just run it over it a light vehicle/tank.

The dude does have a point however, the USF mine takes Years to build.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS