Login

russian armor

Rifle Company Abilties should be consolidated

4 Oct 2018, 15:34 PM

Riflemen get flares and the fire up ability at 2 CP and they count as two abilities for the Company. Since a lot of commander abilities are being combined into 1 slot for the revamp I think that these two should be as well. In the spare slot Riflemen should get the "Riflemen Field Defenses" to truly make it Rifle Company
4 Oct 2018, 15:38 PM

The company itself needs a proper revamp to be honest.
4 Oct 2018, 15:51 PM

The approach of combining abilities is not correct in all cases.

It was correct about tank traps and the a similar thing should be done about soviet tank traps and doctrinal mines but it was not correct for camo/sprint and ppsh/hit the dirt.

The game needs weak medium and strong abilities so one has the tools design commanders with equal power level.
4 Oct 2018, 16:22 PM

agreed like in the stream XD
4 Oct 2018, 17:12 PM

It will never truly be rifle company unless the RE, and I put emphasis on the RE who are not riflemen, flamethrowers get replaced or combined with something that also helps the rifles, which is the entire point of the doctrine.

So I suggested that they be replaced by the M1919A6 weapon rack unlock.

Others wanted the flamethrower since it helps the USF deal with garrisons.

So what I suggest is combining these 2 into one, which would also help out Infantry and Tac Support Companies.

Another suggested option was to replace it with a Halftrack as someone else mentioned, I think the M5 Halftrack with Quad upgrade would be best suited seeing as the M3 is already tied with the WC51 in Mech Company, unless it comes in with Cav Rifles like in AA.

Regardless, the M5 Quad or med bags plus Cav Rifles in the M3 I think will still do better than the flamethrower for REs in a doctrine for Rifles.
4 Oct 2018, 19:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Oct 2018, 15:38 PMLago
The company itself needs a proper revamp to be honest.

+1

I’d love to see rifle and airborne revamped for usf next. Both have such a weird set of abilities.
4 Oct 2018, 22:46 PM

I feel like the real problem is how bad the EZ-8 is compared to the regular sherman. Its AI just sucks too much. I would prefer the standard sherman even if they cost the same lol.
4 Oct 2018, 22:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Oct 2018, 22:46 PMGiaA
I feel like the real problem is how bad the EZ-8 is compared to the regular sherman. Its AI just sucks too much. I would prefer the standard sherman even if they cost the same lol.

Why people think the ez8 is bad is beyond me. You can’t expect it to have as good HE as the normal sherman and be tougher and have more penetration. That’s almost as bad as asking for HE rounds on the panther.

IMO it’s AI is still pretty decent too. Nothing special, but decent, especially with the .50 upgrade
4 Oct 2018, 22:57 PM

Why people think the ez8 is bad is beyond me. You can’t expect it to have as good HE as the normal sherman and be tougher and have more penetration. That’s almost as bad as asking for HE rounds on the panther.

IMO it’s AI is still pretty decent too. Nothing special, but decent, especially with the .50 upgrade

I didn't say it's bad overall I just said it's bad compared to a regular sherman so there's never any reason to build it.
4 Oct 2018, 23:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Oct 2018, 22:57 PMGiaA

I didn't say it's bad overall I just said it's bad compared to a regular sherman so there's never any reason to build it.

Being able to reliably fight tanks and still be able to kill infantry is nice. It has more health and enough armor to actually deflect things sometimes too.

I think rifle company sucks, but I don’t think ez8 is part of the problem.
4 Oct 2018, 23:29 PM

Being able to reliably fight tanks and still be able to kill infantry is nice. It has more health and enough armor to actually deflect things sometimes too.

I think rifle company sucks, but I don’t think ez8 is part of the problem.

Yes in theory it's not bad but ingame there is never a reason to build one. Problem is it doesn't have range so you pretty much rely on risky all in moves to fight our opponents tanks. Just trading shots doesn't really work because you have to get close and at guns or raks will kill you.
5 Oct 2018, 00:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Oct 2018, 23:29 PMGiaA

Yes in theory it's not bad but ingame there is never a reason to build one. Problem is it doesn't have range so you pretty much rely on risky all in moves to fight our opponents tanks. Just trading shots doesn't really work because you have to get close and at guns or raks will kill you.

Well the reason you would build them is to reduce the risk, what with the extra hit required to kill as well as increased chance to deflect incoming shots and increased chance to pen. That's how the game works. Are you looking for an isu? That's in a different faction.
5 Oct 2018, 00:36 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

I think the underlying problem with the EZ8 is because of 2 reasons.

1. It's AI isn't that of the HE sherman, so why would you build it over an HE sherman if you need AI.

2. If you need AT, which the EZ8 is good at, why wouldn't I just get a jackson that can outclass most armor pieces from my stock lineup.

As far as the rest of the doctrine goes I think it just needs a full overhaul. It won't be effective so long as the above 2 points exist, and giving it something great like riflemen field defenses and combining other things would make it borderline if not meta.
5 Oct 2018, 02:53 AM

1. It's AI isn't that of the HE sherman, so why would you build it over an HE sherman if you need AI.

2. If you need AT, which the EZ8 is good at, why wouldn't I just get a jackson that can outclass most armor pieces from my stock lineup.

As far as the rest of the doctrine goes I think it just needs a full overhaul. It won't be effective so long as the above 2 points exist, and giving it something great like riflemen field defenses and combining other things would make it borderline if not meta.

Versatility and being just good enough to do what’s demanded is sometimes a great tool though. Look at the ost p4 or t34/76. That’s a characteristic of both of them to an extent and it’s a characteristic of the ez8 on a slightly higher level. It’s also tougher than the rest of the usf armor roster and can actually bounce things once in a while.

+1 to overhaul. Overall a very weak commander that basically gets picked for flamers and ez8.
5 Oct 2018, 04:35 AM
Patrion 14

+1

It would also be long overdue that the sprint has its debuff removed. It is still the only sprint in the game with a debuff, is tied to a commander and effects only one unit.

The debuff could also be added to all other commander sprint abilities but to have it only for one faction, for a commander ability that is inferior to all similar commander abilities (without factoring in the debuff) seems odd.
5 Oct 2018, 10:02 AM

If I remember correctly the ez8 is only slightly cheaper than the Jackson so yeah its kinda redundant to get a ez8 when you can wait an extra minute for a better at option.

The Jackson kinda took the role of the ez8 and made the ez8 redundant. A strong at brawler but one has 60 range and better pen. Therefore I think they should take the ez8 in a different direction and/or a price reduction.
5 Oct 2018, 15:59 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Post #16 invised. Leave ad hominem out of this thread. It will not help anyone.
5 Oct 2018, 17:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Oct 2018, 22:46 PMGiaA

I think the E8 AI power was actually pretty good until the moving scatter got nerfed 2 patches ago :guyokay: It used to wipe units on retreat with ease if you chased them.
5 Oct 2018, 20:32 PM

If I remember correctly the ez8 is only slightly cheaper than the Jackson so yeah its kinda redundant to get a ez8 when you can wait an extra minute for a better at option.

The Jackson kinda took the role of the ez8 and made the ez8 redundant. A strong at brawler but one has 60 range and better pen. Therefore I think they should take the ez8 in a different direction and/or a price reduction.

Don’t forget that the ez8 can still kill infantry decently well. IMO the whole point of the tank is to be decent at both AT and AI, but obviously has to lose the regular Shermans HE shell. I’d still rather have an ez8 gun shooting infantry than a cromwell or comet gun, and you get the .50 cal upgrade, but it can still fight heavier tanks that the sherman would outright lose almost every time to. It’s also got more health and armor.

Again, ez8 doesn’t have to be god tier at everything for the commander to be good. The other abilities are the much bigger issue here.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★