Login

russian armor

Rifle Company Abilties should be consolidated

6 Oct 2018, 00:47 AM

If I remember correctly the ez8 is only slightly cheaper than the Jackson so yeah its kinda redundant to get a ez8 when you can wait an extra minute for a better at option.

The Jackson kinda took the role of the ez8 and made the ez8 redundant. A strong at brawler but one has 60 range and better pen. Therefore I think they should take the ez8 in a different direction and/or a price reduction.

Rather frustrating that, innit?

With the Jackson being able to tank as a tank destroyer, there aren't a whole lot of roles left for USF tanks. Due to the Jackson there's really only anti-infantry duty (Scott, HE Sherman), an even higher degree of durability (Pershing), or being cheap/expendable in relation to axis units (M10). (And unfortunately the M10 is now 'too little, too late' to even fill that role well.) I find that for any USF commander you either want SP Artillery (Calliope or Priest) or a Pershing to support your roster lategame. Everything else in the doctrines are just for shits and giggles. Also, Jacksons and Scotts are still just as sick of a duo as they've ever been. Everyone talks Jacksons and Shermans but the Scott is a goddamned indirect fire sniper.

Ultimately I wish the EZ8 weren't a separate model from the stock sherman. It'd be great if the EZ8 were an upgrade rather than a unit. Either a global one like the CoH1 76mm upgrade, or as an individual 'upgun'. You know, trade in shell switching for a more accurate (model sniping) gun with better penetration, but little to no AoE.

It could even find a home in a variety of commanders or actually be a stock upgrade.:new:
6 Oct 2018, 09:13 AM

Rather frustrating that, innit?

With the Jackson being able to tank as a tank destroyer, there aren't a whole lot of roles left for USF tanks. Due to the Jackson there's really only anti-infantry duty (Scott, HE Sherman), an even higher degree of durability (Pershing), or being cheap/expendable in relation to axis units (M10). (And unfortunately the M10 is now 'too little, too late' to even fill that role well.) I find that for any USF commander you either want SP Artillery (Calliope or Priest) or a Pershing to support your roster lategame. Everything else in the doctrines are just for shits and giggles. Also, Jacksons and Scotts are still just as sick of a duo as they've ever been. Everyone talks Jacksons and Shermans but the Scott is a goddamned indirect fire sniper.

Ultimately I wish the EZ8 weren't a separate model from the stock sherman. It'd be great if the EZ8 were an upgrade rather than a unit. Either a global one like the CoH1 76mm upgrade, or as an individual 'upgun'. You know, trade in shell switching for a more accurate (model sniping) gun with better penetration, but little to no AoE.

It could even find a home in a variety of commanders or actually be a stock upgrade.:new:

If possible it would probably look weird.

I think it's better to use the 76 Sherman as an upgrade instead because it also has the same hull as the regular Sherman, the E8 does not.
10 Oct 2018, 18:18 PM

Actually, I wouldn't mind if the EZ8 was a stock upgrade or make it another tier just like Hammer or Anvil is for the Brits.

You can then make m10 also a stock unit and then lock Jackson or Ez8 behind two separate upgrade columns. :)

Oh and, put the AT gun in the T0 building unlockable after Officer.

Not sure what can fill the spot CPT tier, maybe a Sniper? (just throwing out ideas)
10 Oct 2018, 19:02 PM
Donator 11

Agreed. Getting mines and sandbags in rifle company would be nice to see.
10 Oct 2018, 19:06 PM

If possible it would probably look weird.

I think it's better to use the 76 Sherman as an upgrade instead because it also has the same hull as the regular Sherman, the E8 does not.
+1
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS