Login

russian armor

Teller mines and OHKs

PAGES (7)down
3 Oct 2018, 23:20 PM

That's the thing tho, triggered by infantry is a drawback. You don't need minesweeper everywhere to sweep for Soviet mines, just some of those pios that already provide recon. If you find one you pay 50mp, try that with a CE and you lose your T70. Hell I've had fleeing weapon crews detonate Soviet mines. Kill the zis and have it sweep for mines for me! Dead men no less!

Hitting a soviet mine with an infantry squad doesn't just cost you 50 mp. It costs you a potential successful push, a capped VP, or a stolen team weapon. I think it's accurate to say that mines that trigger on infantry has a trade off, rather than being a drawback.

4 Oct 2018, 00:41 AM

Could I see your playercard ... or at least your real in game name?

Teller is already easy to avoid, costs lots of ammo and is one of the few options you have when it comes to fight T 70 as OST ... and it is not mobile like satchel.

But if you want to make the Teller only deal 99% damage to T70 but instead do critical engine damage to tanks, then go ahead

I get error 200 when trying to open playercards any idea as to why?

Taking my words out of context isnt constructive for a good argument... it simply makes your argument dumber and weaker...
1. My first statement was used to highlight axis hypocrisy... and i explicitly said the old demo was rightfully nerfed

2. The current demo is near useless and you cannot deny that it needs to be at least decently useful as a mine or a tool or whatnot... because at this point the demo is simply overshadowed by the satchel...
The demo is only really useful when hidden behind a building imo for building kills... even then its unreliable
4 Oct 2018, 15:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Oct 2018, 00:41 AMgbem

I get error 200 when trying to open playercards any idea as to why?

Here you go

1. My first statement was used to highlight axis hypocrisy... and i explicitly said the old demo was rightfully nerfed

distrofio said that he wants Tellers to keep their OHK on T 70 and that he didn't wanted the Demo nerf either. You then answered "soo lets bring back the old demo and make it even?".So in fact you are demanding the old demo. How is that "highlighting axis hypocrisy"?

To the second point: You literally asked why old demo got nerfed ...

2. The current demo is near useless and you cannot deny that it needs to be at least decently useful as a mine or a tool or whatnot

It already is usefuell as a mine AND as a tool?

I don’t see how the answer to something strong in the meta is literally just OHK.

What about Rocket arty getting OHK?

4 Oct 2018, 16:21 PM

How is a mine that highlights itself and can be cleared by gunfire useful at all against anybody who watches their infantry? And as a tool? A satchel is cheaper, easier to use AND is on a squad that is worth the pop cap it takes up... For 160 damage less which doesn't make it less effective vs hard targets (Bunkers and sws bases take the same number of demos as satchels)

Additionally for some odd reason there is a cool down on the demo, I guess so you don't spam self spotted 65mu "mines" making them ever worse against taking out structures because y oh now have to keep your garbage CE around to plant AND wait out the cooldown and then plant... The demo is hot garbage but it's well suited for the unit that bares it I guess...
4 Oct 2018, 22:43 PM

What about Rocket arty getting OHK?

With a lengthy and loud firing time beforehand to let you know it’s coming and an eponymous button literally designed for to let infantry retreat (or you could just move the other direction). Teamweapons will often get wiped, sure, but you can just go recrew them. Meanwhile if you don’t constantly sweep the entirety of the roads/possible mine spots (around corners etc) on the map with your one sweeper squad and he happens to put one mine in one spot you don’t see and you happen to run it over, goodbye 70 fuel. No retreat or recrew button for a dead vehicle.
5 Oct 2018, 14:47 PM

With a lengthy and loud firing time beforehand to let you know it’s coming and an eponymous button literally designed for to let infantry retreat (or you could just move the other direction). Teamweapons will often get wiped, sure, but you can just go recrew them. Meanwhile if you don’t constantly sweep the entirety of the roads/possible mine spots (around corners etc) on the map with your one sweeper squad and he happens to put one mine in one spot you don’t see and you happen to run it over, goodbye 70 fuel. No retreat or recrew button for a dead vehicle.

I meant "What about Rocket arty getting Killed by one shot" (since you claimed OHK is never balanced)

Btw. what about the plenty other OHK abilitys? If Teller gets nerfed so it can't OHK anymore, then nerf Il2 bombing run, Russian Doctrinal AT nades, stuka , Satchel (and B-4) too
5 Oct 2018, 22:40 PM

I meant "What about Rocket arty getting Killed by one shot" (since you claimed OHK is never balanced)

Btw. what about the plenty other OHK abilitys? If Teller gets nerfed so it can't OHK anymore, then nerf Il2 bombing run, Russian Doctrinal AT nades, stuka , Satchel (and B-4) too

Oh that's actually a good point.

Not quite comparable though, as tanks aren't invisible and you don't have to move your rocket arty off the back line. Hell, even put some tellers (or other mines) in between their tanks and your rocket arty.

Those things also all come with a warning and some sort of avoidability. Different from trying to not run over tellers (which essentially comes down to luck sometimes, even though careful planning and good sweeping can mitigate that risk.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS