Login

russian armor

Teller mines and OHKs

PAGES (7)down
30 Sep 2018, 19:19 PM

The one is a weapon which damages tanks, can kill lots of infantry, destroy houses and select its target. The other one is a weapon which kills a retreating cons squad if you are lucky.

At 65 mu and self revealing it better have potential..

Also the s-mines are area denial that either force sweeper on your flank or if they power through let's you know they are there.
I would put money on nearly any Soviet player being willing to trade the garbage that is a demo charge for a way to lock down flanks that also happens to be cheaper...
30 Sep 2018, 19:26 PM

Massive buff for the Stuart because if it's behind enemy lines it could just self repair its engine and call it a day.
Ost above all IMO need the heavy mine (well, CURRENT brits could use it pretty bad, but when they get their 5 man 210mp piat armed snare machines they might not so much) simply due to the impact such vehicles can have on the small squads. Like the MG42s Supreme performance it keeps dives shallow.

Well tbh i find stuarts underwhelming... i once had a game as okw where i simply let the stuart fire at volks under green cover and helt it at bay long enough for me to get a panicrakaten and kill it...
30 Sep 2018, 19:26 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Equating the teller to the demo is moronic. You can use one sweeper squad to protect your one light tank from mines, you can't sweep every point for all 6 of your infantry squads at the same time.

OHKing lights is lame, but lights are so strong in the meta right now that removing the teller lethality will mess up the faction balance. You already see the puma in 4/5 ostheer matches, it will make ostheer rely on it even more. Need a full overhaul of light vehicle balance if you want to make the teller not OHK them.
30 Sep 2018, 19:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2018, 19:26 PMgbem

Well tbh i find stuarts underwhelming... i once had a game as okw where i simply let the stuart fire at volks under green cover and helt it at bay long enough for me to get a panicrakaten and kill it...

Stuart is underwhelming, because you ONCE had a clash bewteen green cover volks anda stuart... a panicrakaten? Did you just say you killed oneshot a stuart with a raketen? Man you are making things up, or worse you are proud to play against newbies...
30 Sep 2018, 19:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2018, 19:26 PMTobis
Equating the teller to the demo is moronic. You can use one sweeper squad to protect your one light tank from mines, you can't sweep every point for all 6 of your infantry squads at the same time.

OHKing lights is lame, but lights are so strong in the meta right now that removing the teller lethality will mess up the faction balance. You already see the puma in 4/5 ostheer matches, it will make ostheer rely on it even more. Need a full overhaul of light vehicle balance if you want to make the teller not OHK them.

Perhaps... but i as a wehr player would be fine with heavy engine damage... it would make it much easier for me to relocate a pak 40 and kill it... at least i also have to followup on my prey rather than have an instant win on my hands
30 Sep 2018, 21:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2018, 19:26 PMgbem

if you play against hellen keller you get funny results. if the enemy had the know how to not leave you in the most durable situation and let you fire off 3 rockets there might be some weight behind the post but even easy bots wouldnt let that happen...
30 Sep 2018, 21:14 PM

Stuart is underwhelming, because you ONCE had a clash bewteen green cover volks anda stuart... a panicrakaten? Did you just say you killed oneshot a stuart with a raketen? Man you are making things up, or worse you are proud to play against newbies...

if you play against hellen keller you get funny results. if the enemy had the know how to not leave you in the most durable situation and let you fire off 3 rockets there might be some weight behind the post but even easy bots wouldnt let that happen...

LMAFO. He just showed that stuart sucks vs infantry (whether it's true or not) with his example. And you start flaming him. Please read more carefully.

Back to the topic. Losing to Tellers sucks but I guess it's your fault not to use minesweepers since usually you can guess where the mines are. Though I wouldn't mind it damaging Stuart, T70 and AEC to 1% health and heavy engine damage. Since they are more durable than halftracks and maybe lowering muni cost a bit.
30 Sep 2018, 21:27 PM

LMAFO. He just showed that stuart sucks vs infantry (whether it's true or not) with his example. And you start flaming him. Please read more carefully.

Back to the topic. Losing to Tellers sucks but I guess it's your fault not to use minesweepers since usually you can guess where the mines are. Though I wouldn't mind it damaging Stuart, T70 and AEC to 1% health and heavy engine damage. Since they are more durable than halftracks and maybe lowering muni cost a bit.

its a piss poor example. a one off vs an obviously incapable opponent is not a basis for a balance discussion, nor is an RNG anomaly. i once saw a puma OHK a 5 man captain squad, puma AI too strong? why does it have 50 range and counter infantry?
30 Sep 2018, 21:31 PM

its a piss poor example. a one off vs an obviously incapable opponent is not a basis for a balance discussion, nor is an RNG anomaly. i once saw a puma OHK a 5 man captain squad, puma AI too strong? why does it have 50 range and counter infantry?

That's not my point. I don't care about that debate. That should have been your answer to his example actually:D
30 Sep 2018, 21:40 PM

Did any of you think about the fact that OH is a faction that rely heavily on muni, with faust, nades, flameHT, LMG 42 or G43. So if you spend 50 on an hypothetical OHK LV (because you never know if it's gonna it anything.)you'll like the idea that it will wipe the LV. And you're inf is going to be pretty weak vs alllies inf and guy seriously did you ever played with sweepers, like it help a lot.
30 Sep 2018, 22:23 PM

Remember when tellers used to one shot Jacksons?

this was on OKW release too when Obers had a bonus vs retreating units. To think how bad the game used to be :D
30 Sep 2018, 23:46 PM

Because in the exact same situation with a T70... the T70 does it better... yes this isnt exactly a stuart balancing forum... and i never asked for stuart buffs... but the can of worms was opened by a comment not too long ago...
30 Sep 2018, 23:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Please refrain from insulting people if you disagree with them, no matter how tempting.

Carry on.
1 Oct 2018, 04:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2018, 19:26 PMTobis

I don’t see how the answer to something strong in the meta is literally just OHK. I don’t think it’d be gamebreaking so much as less frustrating and cheesy to make tellers not OHK 60-70 fuel light vehicles. IMO it’d be fair if it left the vehicle with engine damage and enough health to die to a faust.

Despite the fact that it’s much easier to sweep for tellers, losing a light in the midgame to tellers is much worse than losing one of your six infantry squads to a demo. And demos have been nerfed so hard that you’d have to be senile to walk over one with infantry (they literally get countered by a moving and due to small arms) because people said it was cheesy and stupid to lose a squad to one click. You don’t even have to click on a teller to detonate it.
1 Oct 2018, 08:30 AM

I don’t see how the answer to something strong in the meta is literally just OHK. I don’t think it’d be gamebreaking so much as less frustrating and cheesy to make tellers not OHK 60-70 fuel light vehicles. IMO it’d be fair if it left the vehicle with engine damage and enough health to die to a faust.

Despite the fact that it’s much easier to sweep for tellers, losing a light in the midgame to tellers is much worse than losing one of your six infantry squads to a demo. And demos have been nerfed so hard that you’d have to be senile to walk over one with infantry (they literally get countered by a moving and due to small arms) because people said it was cheesy and stupid to lose a squad to one click. You don’t even have to click on a teller to detonate it.

I could not have said it better myself.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight